• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

Considering most countries are requiring vaccine passport for entry, it's only prudent to have a national system for them. Using them for domestic travel and services is a whole other ball of wax.
Which, if anyone had bothered to listen, is why he is going for it. To ensure Canadians can travel with a proper federal document. Not for restaurants, not for theaters, but to travel.

Knowing Liberal partisans? Yes. If so he'd likely just announce he's not taking the seat and they'd have to run another By-Election in the new year.

I know it's an ad nauseam cliche but he (or Trudeau) could also decide the victims experienced it differently and Canada has collectively moved on so he'll take the seat.

Knowing Liberal partisans? Yes. If so he'd likely just announce he's not taking the seat and they'd have to run another By-Election in the new year.
Or he could proclaim "the people have spoken. I will respect their will." and try to reclaim his seat.

Which, if anyone had bothered to listen, is why he is going for it. To ensure Canadians can travel with a proper federal document. Not for restaurants, not for theaters, but to travel.
I’m not sure anyone said otherwise. All three parties are on the same page. Anti vaxxers still won’t be happy but they really have nowhere to turn vote wise if this is their main issue. Judging by some of the protests here and there it seems like it is for them.

I’m not sure anyone said otherwise. All three parties are on the same page. Anti vaxxers still won’t be happy but they really have nowhere to turn vote wise if this is their main issue. Judging by some of the protests here and there it seems like it is for them.
Gutsy move on O’Toole’s part, shunning the antivaxers. Another calculated move regarding fringe vs centre votes. He’ll bleed a bit to PPC over it, but I think it’s the right call.

I seem to recall a story many years ago that one fellow died and somehow managed to still win the election. Can you imagine being any of the other candidates?

I don't know if that happened in a Canadian election or if it would be possible due to our election rules

5.7.4 Death of a candidate​

If a candidate endorsed by a registered party dies after 2:00 p.m. on Day 26 and before the closing of the polls on polling day, the election for that ED is postponed.

Should this occur, contact Electoral Administration and Procedures (FSN).

Seems like parties have a hard time properly vetting some candidates’ social media history.

LPC:
CPC: N.S. Conservative candidate apologizes for sharing racist Facebook posts

Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

Looking at the polling numbers.

Eric Grenier’s aggregate polls show some stabilizing of the numbers. Has the CPC ahead but the seat distribution favours the LPC.

Nanos has the LPC up almost a half point and CPC down about the same. I wonder if the agressive protests are working in the LPCs favour.

Looking at the polling numbers.

Eric Grenier’s aggregate polls show some stabilizing of the numbers. Has the CPC ahead but the seat distribution favours the LPC.

Nanos has the LPC up almost a half point and CPC down about the same. I wonder if the agressive protests are working in the LPCs favour.

The Liberals have proven that they're really good at shooting themselves in the foot at no notice. I'm waiting for the next big scandal to break....

They
The Liberals have proven that they're really good at shooting themselves in the foot at no notice. I'm waiting for the next big scandal to break....
They’ve also proven good at defecting scandals though. They went through some bad ones before the last election. The efficiency of their vote may be their saviour again.

LPC supporters are really good at not caring about things like ethics, sexual harassment and racist blackfaces. History has shown us that JT can get away with anything and not lose support. He could’ve murdered someone and LPC voters would accept an apology and move on.

LPC supporters are really good at not caring about things like ethics, sexual harassment and racist blackfaces. History has shown us that JT can get away with anything and not lose support. He could’ve murdered someone and LPC voters would accept an apology and move on.
You find that on all sides. Just go look at the trump threads here.

Die hards won’t change their position.

some voters will vote on issues and policies. I have some American friends who voted for Trump because they liked his policies but hated his ethics and personality

some voters have no clue or could care less as they aren’t following

some voters vote the same as their parents and others their spouses

it’s not always because they don’t care about ethics but they may care about other things more.

For reference to the discussion,

Digging into the numbers, the NDP has the highest percentage of women or gender diverse candidates on its list with 52 per cent, or 175 candidates – a slight increase from 2019 when it had 49 per cent.

The Bloc Quebecois has the second-highest percentage of women candidates with 47 per cent, or 37 of their 78 candidates, running in Quebec. That number is up from 45 per cent in 2019.

The Liberals’ list includes 147, or 43 per cent, women candidates this year – an increase from 39 per cent in 2019.

Finally, the Conservatives have also increased their number of female candidates this year with 111 nominees, or 33 per cent – up slightly from 32 per cent in 2019.

Back