• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

it’s not always because they don’t care about ethics but they may care about other things more.
I'm probably naive but I feel that someone who cares for something more than ethics in a situation like this doesn't really "care" about ethics unless it's convenient.

For reference to the discussion,
Only 2 genders? Not very progressive there Canada.

I'm probably naive but I feel that someone who cares for something more than ethics in a situation like this doesn't really "care" about ethics unless it's convenient.

Only 2 genders? Not very progressive there Canada.
It depends on how some people’s personal ethics clash with how they perceive their politicians. If you think all politicians are crooked it might not matter as much. If one doesn’t understand or relate to the ethics breach that can also be an issue. I surmised that when the SNC Lavalin issue arose that most Canadians would understand the nuance or the issue so didn’t care because it was just more politics. Or that the PM had a spat with his attorney general. It’s not black and white. No pun intended.

It depends on how some people’s personal ethics clash with how they perceive their politicians. If you think all politicians are crooked it might not matter as much. If one doesn’t understand or relate to the ethics breach that can also be an issue. I surmised that when the SNC Lavalin issue arose that most Canadians would understand the nuance or the issue so didn’t care because it was just more politics. Or that the PM had a spat with his attorney general. It’s not black and white. No pun intended.
Most Canadian folks could give a fat rats' ass about politics, unless it has an impact on them.(NIMBY) .Phuck with my EI benefits/environment/rights, then I hate you(or will raise my fat ass off the cushion to somewhat oppose you. )

To ascribe any more insight into Canadian politics from the body politic is laughable, except for that less than 10% who actually track platforms.

You find that on all sides. Just go look at the trump threads here.

Die hards won’t change their position.

some voters will vote on issues and policies. I have some American friends who voted for Trump because they liked his policies but hated his ethics and personality

some voters have no clue or could care less as they aren’t following

some voters vote the same as their parents and others their spouses

it’s not always because they don’t care about ethics but they may care about other things more.
Excuse me, show me the proof Trump did anything he was accused of. There was a full out media assault for 4+ years on that man. And in the case of Trudeau, he gets away with scandal after scandal because the media covers for him. I can’t believe you people still can’t see that.

Excuse me, show me the proof Trump did anything he was accused of. There was a full out media assault for 4+ years on that man. And in the case of Trudeau, he gets away with scandal after scandal because the media covers for him. I can’t believe you people still can’t see that.
You are proving my point. Thanks.

Most Canadian folks could give a fat rats' ass about politics, unless it has an impact on them.(NIMBY) .Phuck with my EI benefits/environment/rights, then I hate you(or will raise my fat ass off the cushion to somewhat oppose you. )

To ascribe any more insight into Canadian politics from the body politic is laughable, except for that less than 10% who actually track platforms.
Should have been a “wouldn’t” instead of a “would” sorry for the typo. Which is why no one should be surprised when ethics gets a side glance from some voters.

Looking at the polling numbers.

Eric Grenier’s aggregate polls show some stabilizing of the numbers. Has the CPC ahead but the seat distribution favours the LPC.

Nanos has the LPC up almost a half point and CPC down about the same. I wonder if the agressive protests are working in the LPCs favour.
Today Nanos has the LPC up significantly and leading. He states that the CPC is slipping steadily since the debate.

Eric Grenier’s aggregate numbers still have the CPC ahead but the LPC closing in on them.

interestingly enough the PPC numbers are rising.

I wonder if the confusing messaging on guns is doing more damage than I thought and if the the Trudeau protests are having a positive effect on the LPC.

2 weeks left in this unwanted and not needed election.

Today Nanos has the LPC up significantly and leading. He states that the CPC is slipping steadily since the debate.

Eric Grenier’s aggregate numbers still have the CPC ahead but the LPC closing in on them.

interestingly enough the PPC numbers are rising.

I wonder if the confusing messaging on guns is doing more damage than I thought and if the the Trudeau protests are having a positive effect on the LPC.

2 weeks left in this unwanted and not needed election.

I can tell you firearm related social media and forums are rife with vitriol for O'Toole right now and I am seeing a ton of these people move towards the PPC.

Interesting. Thanks for that.
The sad thing is most of these people don't understand the politics behind his statements. And can't see it was a brilliant move to head the Libs off at the pass.

All they heard is the OIC won't be repealed right away.

Now they are going to throw our only chance away.

But the PPC might get a seat or two...

SMH.....

The sad thing is most of these people don't understand the politics behind his statements. And can't see it was a brilliant move to head the Libs off at the pass.

All they heard is the OIC won't be repealed right away.

But the PPC might get a seat or two...

SMH.....
If they thought Sept 21 the OIC would disappear, they are dislusional anyway

From the party. Not the media, not the grits and not bernier' bunch.

Attachments

• 241419988_10165497013610133_1903477459492065805_n.jpg
    241419988_10165497013610133_1903477459492065805_n.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 26
Saw this poll the other day. Not sure how to take it, but I can't imagine a plurality of CTV viewers are all on one side of the political spectrum.

Attachments

• CTV.JPG
    CTV.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 32
Saw this poll the other day. Not sure how to take it, but I can't imagine a plurality of CTV viewers are all on one side of the political spectrum.
I suspect you are correct or rather a plurality of people that took the web poll. Web polls require the users to go and take it themselves rather than an sampling of the population. The methodology is fairly simple and is likely easily skewed.

So our pretend PM got some gravel tossed at him. Not on BUT he kinda reminds me of Charlie Brown who always got a rock at Halloween.

I've just dated myself - again.

How dare the people who usually support the CPC election after election expect some payoff in line ahead of the people who only show up if everything is exactly to their taste?

"They", in the past couple of elections, were the people who got in a snit over social issues and "threw the chance away" then by not voting CPC. There is always a "they", I suppose.

Anyone inclined to prefer conservatives and frustrated that a chance is slipping away should remember this feeling next time they want to walk away.

Reactions: QV
More from the editorial board of some bought-and-paid-for media (text also attached in case link doesn't work for you) ....

Ministers, government have failed those fleeing Afghanistan

(...)​

... As Afghanistan fell, Justin Trudeau convinced himself that collapsing Parliament on a whim was both the right, and the best, thing to do. He was wrong.

Today, not tomorrow, we must rebuild our means to defend and support our citizens wherever they may be, as well as those who helped Canada in her hour of need. We will never find comfort in the Liberal Leader’s corrupted line that we will “get through this together.” He doesn’t mean it. Only certain people matter to Mr. Trudeau – the ones he uses to prosecute identity politics for the singular purpose of furthering his destiny ...

Attachments

• theglobeandmail.com-Ministers government have failed those fleeing Afghanistan.pdf
    155.9 KB · Views: 2
I can tell you firearm related social media and forums are rife with vitriol for O'Toole right now and I am seeing a ton of these people move towards the PPC.
Great move. Vote PPC, which assures a LPC victory, which definitely gets your guns taken away.

Or vote CPC, which is more than likely going to work quietly to clean up the mess on this file, or at least not make things worse.

Back