• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

So in very simple terms, it doesn't matter to you if the economy goes to hell in a hand basket, your neighbour is unemployed and the breadline extends clear around the block as long as we have reached this decision via consensus. Wow
In very simple terms, I don't believe any of that is going to happen. The Carbon tax has been in place for almost 3 years and employment growth is growing. Emissions growth is slowing.

The end of the world you describe is not happening thus I discard what you write as hyperbole.

But at the end of the day, what are anti carbon tax people going to do? Vote PPC or vote for one of the 5 parties that support a carbon tax?

No point attaching too much hope to carbon taxes yet. COVID mitigation is wildly skewing all evidence, and there are other mitigating factors in play.

No point attaching too much hope to carbon taxes yet. COVID mitigation is wildly skewing all evidence, and there are other mitigating factors in play.
Cool. Can we use the carbon taxes that have been in place before the federal backstop then?

Because I am of the belief that the PPC with its decentralized organization and its all are welcome philosophy is both everything and nothing of what people think it is.

Last edited:
Because I am of the belief that the PPC with its decentralized organization and its all are welcome philosophy is both everything and nothing of what people think it is.
But you also believe they are a far right party who are anti-immigration and anti-foreigner.

I was hoping the PPC would be the fiscally conservative party with socially liberal views.

It was a shame that it turned into the anti immigration, anti foreigner fringe party it did, glad it fizzled out the way it did.

Altair said:
I was hoping the PPC could be fiscally responsible and socially liberal, but sadly they ended up as fiscally conservative, and socially far right.

Altair said:
Dude, the PPC are all about free speech and morals as well

In 2019 you considered them anti-immigration, anti-foreigner and socially far-right but you must have voted for them, since you voted twice for the PPC.

In 2019 you considered them anti-immigration, anti-foreigner and socially far-right but you must have voted for them, since you voted twice for the PPC.
Oh I did, with the same reasoning in mind as for why I did in 2021.

Regardless, I didn't remember posting that in 2019. Good catch. As it stands, their political views are the polar opposite of mine. I still don't think it matters what I think of them.

Oh I did, with the same reasoning in mind as for why I did in 2021.

Regardless, I didn't remember posting that in 2019. Good catch. As it stands, their political views are the polar opposite of mine. I still don't think it matters what I think of them.

Why would you vote for a party with political views the polar opposite of yours ?

Doing to the CPC what the NDP and Greens and to some extent the bloc do the the LPC.
I love the Canadian voter mentality. Instead of voting for the party they think will be best for the country, they will vote anyone to deny the party they dislike, the win. It's no wonder our system is such an absolute farce. It's not strategic voting, it's pure, ignorant, personal spitefulness and selfishness. And the whole country is affected and weighed down by the stupidity of the exercise.

People can vote any way they want. Welcome to the free world. Vote for, vote against, vote strategic, etc etc.

No one has a say or is right about how anyone decides to vote.

I suspect many are offended because people didn’t vote their way. Get over it.

Ignorance is not accepting that someone might actually vote differently than you for a variety of reasons.

People can vote any way they want. Welcome to the free world. Vote for, vote against, vote strategic, etc etc.

No one has a say or is right about how anyone decides to vote.

I suspect many are offended because people didn’t vote their way. Get over it.

Ignorance is not accepting that someone might actually vote differently than you for a variety of reasons.

Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

Dude, its a discussion forum. If one shares information one should expect discussion and comment.

Back