• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]

To add on to cgy's comment, KUMON math centers are on the west coast. my sister's in Kumon right now, and it's helping her out.

Id help you out, but its hard to offer advice on "relearning" math, when I really havent learned it in the first place  ::) :D

Try www.math.com, it has tutorials and what not, and it actually will show you how to do the problems. Good luck

I borrowed a book called GED or something like that from a friend, its for people who didnt complete highschool, although i passed highschool normally i despise math. I hate it!!! I bought this book, did all the training for 2 weeks with the book and aced my math part on the CFAT.. I couldn't believe it myself since i always used to average with a 50% average in math.. Anyway if you want to know the name of the book, i will dig it up and let you know

Either way, man, best of luck with the math. just keep pounding the books :threat:

When i did the test in 1996 it was this three hour thing, then i was in the reserves but in 2000 I took i t again for the reg forces it was an hour long and hard, there where honour students failing it also, so then when they figured out they were not getting anyone they kind of went easy on it so they can get people in. The recruiting officer tried to to get ottawa to waiver it since i had experience but they would not let it go even though i had experience. So it kind of turned me the wrong way and i never went back. and they went missing having someone fill that position.  :salute:

I got 45% on that test. That test was really hard. I did poorly on the mathematical questions were I had to make a formula to figure out the problem.

What score is required of any person applying to become a fulltime MP?

I scored 77.5 on the GRT in english (which is not my first language). I guess I'm ready for the CFAT.

I have been reading a lot of the postings about the CFAT exam, I'm preparing to take the exam in a few month but I have dyslexia and my verbal skill are not the best, but i do work for Hewlett-Packard Server dept. and hold a number of certifications, MCSE,CCNA, CNE and working right now on my BS in computer security. I would like to get into the communication research area but I'm afraid I will not get a high enough score.

Does any one know if there is consideration for certifications or experience and or consideration for people with dyslexia?  :cdn:

inverc said:
I have been reading a lot of the postings about the CFAT exam, I'm preparing to take the exam in a few month but I have dyslexia and my verbal skill are not the best, but i do work for Hewlett-Packard Server dept. and hold a number of certifications, MCSE,CCNA, CNE and working right now on my BS in computer security. I would like to get into the communication research area but I'm afraid I will not get a high enough score.

Does any one know if there is consideration for certifications or experience and or consideration for people with dyslexia?    :cdn:

There is no consideration given to people with dyslexia.  Only with directly occupation related experience/education could there or may there be any consideration given to if you don't meet the CFAT minimum for the occupation.

Did they explain the retest procedure and what you can do to improve your scores the next time?

The rule is that you can rewrite the test  after 3 months have passed.  However you have to be careful about rushing the rewrite as it is very hard to get another chance after that.  I recommend that you wait a year and complete some academic upgrading especially in math as that makes up the majority of the test.  For improving your word knowledge, it helps to read the newspaper everyday and when you do not know a word, look it up in a dictionary.  There is no much you can do about the spatial questions unless you can find a book of examples at chapters and practice them.

Good luck in the future.

if you need help with math, there are lots of tutors that can and will help, Or you might want to talk to some of your  mates about helping you.  I like what was said about the paper reading( and looking up words that you don't understand).  For the spatial stuff, go to chapters and get the spatial realations test book by barons, it will help.  Another good book to pick up is the GAT battery.  I will tell you something, I have worked research and development for the last ten years and i had to review how to do math without a calculator, it was humbling, but self-improvement should be ongoing, keeps ya fresh.  Ask about the retest, take the time, get the help and then kick some @#$.

cheers

I wrote the CFAT today, and I thought that I would go through it pretty easily. But the question's are alot harder then the samples they provide with your application, even from what was said on this forum. I think that I passed, but will only have to wait and see.

i have my CFAT And Interview May 31st, I My choice's were Infantry Soldier And Amoured Solider! Does anyone know if you need a supurb socre to get into thoise ocupations??? Please Respond

supurb socre to get into thoise ocupations

Yes you have to do well in all parts of the test.  Are you taking it in French?

Dudio, nobody can tell you how hard it is going to be for you. But people have passed it with a grade 10 education and people have failed it with university degrees. And it's supposed to be something you should pass without studying for, so just go in there and get'er done.

Holy christ if the CFAT is the hardest thing you've done in life you've either been living in a cave in the Wudan mountains for the last 10 years or you're special ... really, really special ..

Honestly the CFAT isn't hard .. get a good nights rest and eat a good breakfast and there is no way you cannot go wrong provided you aren't one of the above.

George said:
No iim not taking it in french....i messed a couple of words...sew me! LOL....is the CFAT as hard as everyone says it is...because you get different posts stating...oh it was a cake walk and others saying it was the hardest thing they have ever done! so im new to this forum and by looking at some of your posts it seems as though you know what your talking about! And one more thing im very bad at math?? will that have a lot to do with passing for Infantry Soldier which is what i really wanna do!!

Please Respond!
Good Luck.  ;D

Frederik G said:
Actually I read somewhere (can't recall exactly where tho) that playing sports like hockey, basketball and such helps with spatial ability.

But it works on long-term, so if you're going for the test soon, there's nothing you can do, as far as I know.

Just random bit of info

Well I was hoping you were right (I been playing hockey for 8 years as a goalie).....but I look at the spatial example on the net and didnt scroll down to see the answer. I thought really hard and decided to select (D)....then I scroll down and find its (B)  ??? I was like wtf lol...and I really thought hard before I scrolled down. Im laughing now but I dont think it will be really funny once I do the test. Is it true that you have a year wait before your next CFAT...and if so what are the wait periods for the other tests. Im researching for some spatial testing on the net. Cheers  :cdn:

Back