• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Auto Insurance

jerv41

Inactive
Reaction score
I recently read on DND that we qualify for home and auto insurance.

http://www.cfpsa.com/en/CANEX/services_e/insurance_e.html

Anyone use the CF auto insurance provider?

If so, is it worth it?

These policies are underwritten by The Personal. 

In my opinion, this company has a good claims record.  I would have no problem taking out a policy with The Personal.  But like anything else, you get what you pay for.

Let's just say Olga Chekhova is an expert in this field.

I have used the Personal for about 15 years and have had nothing but great service from them and believe me I had to use them on several occasions

I don't know about their claims, but being in the "discriminated against" group (men under 25), The Personal gave me one of the highest quotes I received. I don't have the exact numbers, but it was around 4000$ per year; the insurance I ended up getting was 2500$ with the same deductible, etc.

Unless their claims record is somehow spotless and they give you a new car within 15 minutes of you having an accident... shop around, you'll get a much better deal.

FreddyG:

Underwriting and claims are two different things.  You obviously know nothing about either other than your personal experience. 

Kindly stay in your lane.

I have a couple friends in the CF who are currently insured by the Personal, and they've had nothing but good things to say about them. They shopped around, and the Personal beat quite a few other company's by a decent about, in terms of annual payments. I've had a quote done myself, and im thinking about switching from my current company.

Olga Chekhova said:
FreddyG:

Underwriting and claims are two different things.  You obviously know nothing about either other than your personal experience. 

Kindly stay in your lane.

You obviously didn't read my post. I said they might be good on the claims side, but they charge too much compared to other insurers. Kindly stop antagonizing me by twisting my words and personally attacking me.

Most drivers I know personally, who are in the military, have avoided The Personal because almost all of them are men under 25, and they got better deals elsewhere.

lol....i did the quote....for a $2000 car they want to charge me 4000$ a year......doesn't it just suck being a 16 year old

Freddy G said:
You obviously didn't read my post. I said they might be good on the claims side, but they charge too much compared to other insurers. Kindly stop antagonizing me by twisting my words and personally attacking me.

Most drivers I know personally, who are in the military, have avoided The Personal because almost all of them are men under 25, and they got better deals elsewhere.

Not to stir the pot. But I did save when I switched to Personal. House and auto for me.

Ah the young driver and insurance, my 21 year old daughter just shopped around for insurance and of all the companies the personal gave her the best quote. Something to do with having a DDC course and having being taught how to drive by a professional driving school. I taught our oldest how to drive and I swore i wouldn't do the same with our younger one, so we enrolled her in drivers-Ed in her last two years of high school. Now its paying of with cheaper insurance rates for her.

Young males between the ages of 18 and 26 always have the highest premiums.

I have used the personal over the past 15 years since our return from Germany in 92 for my vehicles and they are by far the cheapest. I have had 2 accidents and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the way my claims were handled. Courteous, expedient, and very friendly. And not to mention, when you hit 45 with a good driving record, how your rates drop like a stone.

Home and Auto with the Personal, best rates around for a mid-age guy with clean driving record, DDC and drivers ed course on record.  Also experienced v.good settling of claims (others at fault in all cases) for both my wife and me.

2 more ¢

G2G

They also had good rates for a friend of mine, and he was in the so called "discriminated group". He payed $80/month on his MX-6.

youravatar said:
They also had good rates for a friend of mine, and he was in the so called "discriminated group". He payed $80/month on his MX-6.

Sorry Avatar,

But i gotta call b/s on this one... there's no way in heck your friend is only paying $80/month for his MX-6... especially if he's in the "discriminated group". You might wanna recheck those figures with your buddy.

BestodaBest said:
Sorry Avatar,

But i gotta call b/s on this one... there's no way in heck your friend is only paying $80/month for his MX-6... especially if he's in the "discriminated group". You might wanna recheck those figures with your buddy.

The only way someone could pay so little is if they insure one-way (not sure what the English term is; basically your insurance would only cover the other driver's car, and you have to pay for the repairs on your own vehicle).

Well yea. The policy was bare bones, but still, that's what he said he was paying.

that just seems rediculously under-priced...but if it happens to be true, thats pretty awesome. And i think the term is "Liability" or "Collateral"... somethin like that, lol...

That doesn't seem unreasonable...I'm paying $85/month for a 540i 4.0L 6-sp with $500 deductible and $2M 3rd party....sure I'm out of the "threat band" now, but my rates weren't much worse when I was in the "heavy duty discrimination zone"...

G2G

and keep in mind the "discriminated group" isn't done so without statistics to back it up, the most "at risk" drivers in this country are in the 19-24 age group, just out of high school, allowed to drink, buy a car with too much engine and so on. (18 in some provinces) I know I did at that age (aside from the booze and driving part) however there are some provinces (BC for example) where having dangly bits means squat. Graduated licensing has done away with it, a brand-new driver pays the same rate whether 19 or 50 (dependant on where in the province you live, they have regional rate codes) Until of course they flip they're mazarati with 5 people in it doing 150 in a 80 and kill all 5. Please take this with a grain of salt from a guy whose first ever insurance payment was higher than his car payment (without accidents)

Back