• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Soldiers Pretend They're American for Video

Wingman

Inactive
Reaction score
"Soldiers were drafted to help [Paul] Brandt make a video for his song [in Wainwright, AB] â “ but they were ordered to disguise the fact that they're Canadian."

Link to CBC website written by CBC News online staff:

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2004/07/30/Arts/convoy040730.html

So it would be better having Canadian flags on the Illinois National Guard? ::)
Another slow news day... :-[

Amen, Bruce.  I wonder how many people on this board remember either the song, or the Kris Kristofferson movie that it spawned?

Much ado about nothing. 

As CFL said if they were paid i don't think the Soldiers care if they pretending to be US soldiers. They did nothing that would hurt the reputation of the CF.  It was only a music Video the artist could have gone to the US to tape it on an American base.  He did not because he was a Canadian Artist.  The soldiers that are in the video know they are Canadian that is all that counts. :)

They are still wearing cadpat, which to me is very distinct in comparison to the  US BDU or their new digital pattern.

This just proves 2 things:

1. Soldiers will complain about just about anything  :crybaby: and,

2. The media will spin something positive into a negative  >:D to get it the ratings they need.

Just shut up already.

I think it was rather strange to imitate Illinois National Guard and then have the troops wear CADPAT.   :-\   Not that many in the general population would know the difference.
I'm not sure how it makes them "second-hand soldiers" as one person responded.   I thought it was a nice gesture by Mr. Brandt...but to sell in the US, its too bad we must remove the Canadian identity.   Much similiar to Royal Bank of Canada when they bought some NC banks, they moved to the RBC logo.        

Why didn't he just hire civvie extras for his video? And have them wear US BDUs an have M16A2s, etc
Instead of using Canadian soldiers, wearing their cadpat uniforms an armed with C7s, etc.

Anyways, on a related note, my brother was one of the soldiers choosen to be in the background of that music video.

Back