• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Special Operations Regiment (CSOR)

painswessex said:
The CO will be very upset at any member who calls it CSOR.
I say that because that is what we have been told he does not like us calling it CSOR he wants us to use the full name.

You, LS, are out of your arcs with this one. Where on earth did you get this from? What would he prefer it to be called?

Outrageous

Cease and desist spouting more.

Armymedic said:
You, LS, are out of your arcs with this one. Where on earth did you get this from? What would he prefer it to be called?

Outrageous

I agree with you Army Medic............poser alert, poser alert, poser alert!!!!!!!

His identity could easily be proven or disproven, after all some of you are in Pet and he is an LS supply tech in Pet.

George Wallace said:
Fireman's Carry for 100m in 60 Sec?

Why a question George?  Doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation to me.  If these are the standards plus what Recce41 mentioned they actually seem a bit on the lower end of the scale than what I (and many others were expecting), but I gather they are just the bare minimuns...

2 Svc Bn? Hmm. I thought my friend said he worked with an LS there.

If it is all legit, I'd be interested in hearing more.

If

Ex-Dragoon said:
His identity could easily be proven or disproven, after all some of you are in Pet and he is an LS supply tech in Pet.

Not worried. All it would take is 2 phone calls....Sgt's net is pretty tight.

Not worried about it though...after all only one of the two of us actually work in the building all this stuff is happening in.

2023 said:
I agree with you Army Medic............poser alert, poser alert, poser alert!!!!!!!

GO SHOW staff - "ready the rubber hose and video camera"

"will we be bringing the phone book on this one sir?"

"nope, the hose will do - he's navy"

jgale358 said:
CANFORGEN says you carry about 80lbs instead of 45-ish as is normal.

and where exactly in the CANFORGEN does it say that?

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/35793/post-316320.html#msg31632
Para 8.B.(1)
PART 2
(DAY 2): 13 KM WEIGHT LOADED MARCH WITH 35 KG IN 2 HRS, 26 MINS (MIN 10 MIN
BREAK) CASUALTY EVACUATION OF A SOLDIER OF SIMILAR BUILD/WEIGHT FOR A
DISTANCE OF 100M IN LESS THAN 60 SECS.

Edit: who invented this damn metric system.....sorry about that jgale

Hey Armymedic,

35kgs equals 77lbs (i.e pretty damn close to 80lbs). So I guess you will now be apologizing to jgale seeing as he was right, eh?

Don't worry, I thought I made a mistake once too (turns out I was wrong).

MG

Well, it does say that for Cat1 pers:

(1) FOR PERS APPLYING FOR CAT 1 POSNS, THE 2 STEP /
2(DAY 2): 13 KM WEIGHT LOADED MARCH WITH 35 KG IN 2 HRS, 26 MINS (MIN 10 MIN BREAK) CASUALTY EVACUATION OF A SOLDIER OF SIMILAR BUILD/WEIGHT FOR A DISTANCE OF 100M IN LESS THAN 60 SECS.
Which I'd argue is pretty close to the 'normal' load carried by most personnel in jump posns/dismounted ops who would be applying for the 'door-kicker' posns.
and for Cat2 pers it reads:
(2) CAT 2 - SP (2 DAY PROCESS) (DAY 2): 13 KM WEIGHT LOADED MARCH WITH 24.5 KG IN 2 HRS, 26 MINS (ARMY FITNESS STD) (MIN 10 MIN
BREAK) CASUALTY EVACUATION OF A SOLDIER OF SIMILAR BUILD/WEIGHT FOR A DISTANCE OF 100M IN LESS THAN 60 SECS.
Which is indeed the 'normal' 45-ish lb load carried by most pers for their annual BFT and would be the req for any of us Sup. Maint etc aspiring to the Cat2 posns.

Armymedic said:

Outrageous

I am posted to the regiment Feb 1st if you want to call me i work at 2 svc bn.
Also on the issue of not calling it CSOR, my Mcpl told me she knows this because her husband is the ET over there and at the last meeting the CO told him he does not want it to be called that he wants the full name to be used. I appologise if i have offended anyone by sharing my excitement of being posted to theis new unit. I will cease.

MJP said:
Why a question George?  Doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation to me....
Just never ever thought to time it myself.  Always seemed to take forever, after dropping my ruck and picking up a guy, hopefully my size or smaller.   ;D

Isn't the job going to be more important than how someone pronounces the contraction for the unit.....*Duey thinks about the commander of 1 CAD flipping out and renaming to 1 Cdn Air Div*....uh, nevermind. :-\

Cheers,
Duey

p.s.  If I were CO of 427 SOAS, I wouldn't have a problem with "so-a$$" or "so-az"... ;-)

Duey,

I just read your reply to Randy and he says that's why you probably won't be the CO of 427.

MJP said:
Why a question George?  Doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation to me.  If these are the standards plus what Recce41 mentioned they actually seem a bit on the lower end of the scale than what I (and many others were expecting), but I gather they are just the bare minimuns...

I'm in pretty good shape, but two of us are training. Remember, that is the MIN numbers. I've been power training. But it's hard to do it alone. At 44 yrs old, it's aim for the min on your weak spots and max on yr strong. There is only 3 Armour fellas here trying.
If I pass and get my name on the list and don't get picked up Owell, at least I tryed. And will be able to be posted if an opening happens.

Like I said bud...I realized that they were the min numbers after I made my initial post and fixed it.  Some how I don't think just cutting by the min standards will do it in any case.  Good on ya for trying out at an age when most people are looking for their retirement posting...;)

Ya Thanks
I know mins sometimes don't cut it. But at my age. I can hammer out lvl 11 ,12 if I push it, 70 PUs, 50 SUs/M, my weak spot is Pulls only 6 ( did 12 for JTF back 10 yrs ago). Swim can get 2 honest lapes. BFT, I had 1hr 51M in Nov.. So to me their realilistic. I remember the first selection for JTF. I had these LARGER fellas, not even do 2 pulls.
Talking to PSP, thats the common weak spot for people. I'm out instructing until March so 1st selection is out. I'm shooting for end March. That March 1 time frame, may have to move anyway. The numbers are not coming in as fast. So talking to a friend, they may decide to move the date.
A you said, at least I tryed, your right, retirment slump is the top spot for some people.

jgale,
we'll just have to see - won't we.
but seriously.... for once, the CF was and is in a no lose situation.
they have indicated their support for everything that we are currently doing. They have indicated that they agree with CSOR & JTF2, Canada.com and the vision Gen Hillier has mapped out.
Are we going to flip flop on the Hellicopters again?,
Are we going to flip flop on the CC130Js?
Are we going to go forward with the new generation of Support ships?

Time will tell - and if we don't like what they're doing, we can vote them out of office next time around... and do this all over again... and do this all over again.

Hmmm.... Groundhog day is around here isn't it?

Back