• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian "Support Our Troops" Ribbons, Bracelets, Pins, etc

Excellent
I'm in! - email on the way once I'm away from the DIN

http://www.militarymagnets.com/CANADA.html

i found this site, i don't know if it's the right one but it does have the magnet on it

Yes, that's where I ordered them from.  Keep in mind that the prices shown do not include the currency conversion, shipping, taxes or brokerage fees.

Thought you all might be interested to know that my husband was told today that I am not allowed to "sell" (since i'm only getting my money back and not making profit) the magnets on base anymore  :rage:.  I'm not entirely sure why exactly but...  I am checking into whether that means I'm not allowed to sell them at all or if it's just restricted to off base.  It all seems really childish to me, I figure that someone has a problem and everything rolls downhill!

cplwife said:
Thought you all might be interested to know that my husband was told today that I am not allowed to "sell" (since i'm only getting my money back and not making profit) the magnets on base anymore  :rage:.  I'm not entirely sure why exactly but...  I am checking into whether that means I'm not allowed to sell them at all or if it's just restricted to off base.  It all seems really childish to me, I figure that someone has a problem and everything rolls downhill!

You're free to sell whatever you want off-base, provided you have any proper permits etc required where you are at.

All Bases, that I am aware of, have a "No solicitation" policy on-Base; unless it's for something approved by/sanctionned by the CoC. And no offense intended, but I just don't envision an official sanctionning of your magnet anytime soon, due to it's wording and the implications the wording implies.

So I found out that it is only on base that I am not allowed to sell them so everything is ok again.  Someone complained for some reason and this is the result.

You were probably in direct competition, with the MFRC, who run the "Support the Troops" paraphernalia program through themselves and CANEX, IIRC.

And the wording on it, certainly was not going to get approval or sanctioning on Base, whether the other ribbons existed or not.

Well I will say that many of the high ranks have these magnets on their personal vehicles and love what it says.  Protesters are allowed to say whatever they want right??  Well this is one way of stating how many CF members feel about it.

Some CF members may feel that way, but is it really in their interest to say it?  While I understand the feeling behind it, does it really encourage someone who has questions about the mission, or is uneasy about the mission, to support us?  What exactly does "feel free to stand in front of [the troops]" mean?  I can envision some people taking very negative connotations from that.  Sometimes you can attract more flies with honey than with vinegar.       

Absolutely catinthehat, and have no doubt it's negative connotation is deliberatly worded in that manner. No Base Comd in their right mind would ever authorize the sale of these on their Base (federal property), and I don't blame them. And frankly, I don't know any supervisors of any rank within the CF who would do so either.

Imagine the Headlines now....

"CF endorses placing non-supporters in the direct line of fire" or some other such nonsense.

Is the saying funny? A little. Does it reflect the values of the CF, and our professionalism? Not so much.

Ummmm...I like the layout of the magnet and would consider getting some, but I'm not comfortable with the "stand in front of them" thing.  I can be very disappointed in some asshat quacking on about this and that, but that's one of the rights that we fight to protect, not to have the implication of taking shots at those who don't explicitly support the troops.

G2G

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Cplwife was simply trying to do something patriotic and supportive of us, with no personal gain for herself. I personally think the wording on the magnet has less to do with base sales and more to do with CANEX and MFRC, ergo their profit margin. Everyone knows without support of the base and NPF,  CANEX would never survive as a viable business entity. Quit shooting the messanger.

Complaint!

Why is the Army logo first when the Navy is the senior service?

Killer Magnet though

recceguy said:
Let's not lose sight of the fact that Cplwife was simply trying to do something patriotic and supportive of us, with no personal gain for herself. I personally think the wording on the magnet has less to do with base sales and more to do with CANEX and MFRC, ergo their profit margin. Everyone knows without support of the base and NPF,  CANEX would never survive as a viable business entity. Quit shooting the messanger.

Not shooting the messenger, the reason she couldn't sell them on base was pointed out politely to her immediately after she posted that she (her husband had been) had been told she couldn't sell them on base. Just like any other property, civilian company, condo, whatever, if you want to "solicit" permission is required, and it has been granted on Bases before. And I pointed out the reason why I did not think she would receive permission to sell this item.

schart28 said:
there are other models, check out the web site.

Seen.  I'd go with #2 then!  Thanks Cplwife!

RG, not shooting the messenger, just voicing my concern about the message on the one magnet.

G2G

I'd really like to clarify something here.  I was NEVER told why they could not be sold on base directly.  Now, that being said, I was lead to believe that it is because someone complained about them being sold on base, someone with enough pull with base command to have something done about the sales.

No one is being told to remove them from their vehicles and I know for a fact that several high ranking people on base proudly display them on their cars!

If people don't like them, don't buy one.  There is no implication that non-supporters will be shot.  It is simply a suggestion that they stand in front of our troops if they don't want to show a little support for the work they are trying to do.

All in all though, it makes people think and that's the whole point.

Back