• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN 168/18 (aka PATCHFORGEN) [Merged]

I say we go all the way: MPRR embroidered on the back of the uniform.

PuckChaser said:
2 skill badges max, lower left CADPAT sleeve Velcro. In true Army fashion, being rolled out top to bottom in the CAF to increase morale of the troops. Started getting contacting for the badges and patches set up 3 years ago....

We had some Scottish cadets visit us last year and they were allowed to wear their qualification badges on their Velcro...and some of these kids had so many that they couldn't actually fit the whole badge on their pocket. Half of it was just up against the fabric. It looked pretty bad.

dapaterson said:
So, if a sailor is posted to an Army unit, do they sew a Div patch on their NCDs?

Would it look as ...*professional*... as CADPAT slip-ons on the ncd jacket?  Then...it'll likely happen!  8)

The other day I saw a picture of navy recruits in CADPAT but instead of the Canadian Flag on the left shoulder, they had the Naval Ensign.
Is this a thing? 

I'm navy, wear CADPAT and have the Canadian Flag on my shoulder.  Is there a reg/policy I'm missing?

tree hugger said:
The other day I saw a picture of navy recruits in CADPAT but instead of the Canadian Flag on the left shoulder, they had the Naval Ensign.
Is this a thing? 

I'm navy, wear CADPAT and have the Canadian Flag on my shoulder.  Is there a reg/policy I'm missing?

I'm all for it!  Since the naval ensign includes the national flag, I see no reason to wear both.  The current interim arrangement with NCDs where we wear both a small national flag and a big ensign on the same sleeve seems odd and redundant to me.

Probably NAVRES BMQ? I've never seen the Ensign on CADPAT, only thought it was supposed to be on NCDs as one of the 18 things that say Navy so people don't forget.

We recently received our manufactured DIV patches for combats. They are NOT simply the DEU div patches backed with Velcro. No, we had to go all-out for these ones...they are the dimensions of the large Canadian flag patch, but the div colour is smaller and bordered on all four sides by CADPAT. So if/when we make the switch to another camo pattern, these will all have to be turned in and new ones will have to be issued.

I haven't received one yet, so I don't have a photo of one.

Seen it here.

Looks like hot garbage.  especially the brigade patch.

CanadianTire said:
We recently received our manufactured DIV patches for combats. They are NOT simply the DEU div patches backed with Velcro. No, we had to go all-out for these ones...they are the dimensions of the large Canadian flag patch, but the div colour is smaller and bordered on all four sides by CADPAT. So if/when we make the switch to another camo pattern, these will all have to be turned in and new ones will have to be issued.

I haven't received one yet, so I don't have a photo of one.

Here is a DWAN link to a document that shows the patches http://materiel.mil.ca/assets/MAT_Intranet/docs/en/joint-common-clothing-small-arms/garrison-bridage-patches.pdf

Canex sells them, plus all the other authorized patches.

http://www.canex.ca/military/cadpat-gear/4th-cdn-division-badge.html

$9!! No thanks.  When they want me to wear it, they'll get around to issuing it.

Why didn't they just make it without the cadpat border?

Max Power said:
$9!! No thanks.  When they want me to wear it, they'll get around to issuing it.
I find it disappointing that we have been able to create the opportunity for soldiers to give money to Canex faster than we were able to distribute the same product to which they are entitled at crown expense.

In other thoughts: since the Bde patches are always worn together on the same spot of Velcro, why are they not produced as one piece?  And if we are going all authentic, should members of the Div HQ not be wearing a smaller white rectangle superimposed across the centre of the coloured div rectangle?

MCG said:
I find it disappointing that we have been able to create the opportunity for soldiers to give money to Canex faster than we were able to distribute the same product to which they are entitled at crown expense.

In other thoughts: since the Bde patches are always worn together on the same spot of Velcro, why are they not produced as one piece?  And if we are going all authentic, should members of the Div HQ not be wearing a smaller white rectangle superimposed across the centre of the coloured div rectangle?

And should we not also be producing and issuing white flag patches to our enemies? ;)

Lumber said:
Why didn't they just make it without the cadpat border?

Obviously to cash in on those who'll have to buy new patches if/when we switch patterns  :nod:

Sadly the CA is not the only element switching patches very 5 years. From the brief we got, the RCAF is reverting back to the “only green” patches for the flight suits. The Div order should be release shortly. Here’s to another $40 of patches for the uniform.

How about the RCAF to go back to a rank style that actually has stitching that can be recognized from more than a foot away.
They are more tactical than the Army's high vis that you can read from a km out.

I'm happy to still cling on to some old style combats that don't have the velcro on the sleeves.

The Army paid untold millions to develop an effective camouflage system, then paid thousands to make a set of ranks that would be visible on that camouflage.

...which doesn't really matter because you wear body armour over that rank patch anyways.... :D

Back