• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN 168/18 (aka PATCHFORGEN) [Merged]

Until we start wearing velcro rank on on the sleeves while in the field [emoji3]

Eagle Eye View said:
Sadly the CA is not the only element switching patches very 5 years. From the brief we got, the RCAF is reverting back to the “only green” patches for the flight suits. The Div order should be release shortly. Here’s to another $40 of patches for the uniform.

FFS, what's the reason this time?  We take them off when we go somewhere even potentially bad.  Do people not understand the point of velcro?

Dimsum said:
FFS, what's the reason this time?  We take them off when we go somewhere even potentially bad.  Do people not understand the point of velcro?

New Comdr and new Comd CWO...don't throw your current ones out, because in 2 years.... ;D

Eye In The Sky said:
New Comdr and new Comd CWO...don't throw your current ones out, because in 2 years.... ;D

...I'll be posted?  ;)

So many stupid people, not enough live ammo...because of stupid people spending money on stupid ideas.  On the bright side, nobody can shoot hte stupid people, since there isn't any live ammo.

MM

medicineman said:
So many stupid people, not enough live ammo...because of stupid people spending money on stupid ideas.  On the bright side, nobody can shoot hte stupid people, since there isn't any live ammo.

MM

Nice. You're bucking for 'Yossarian' right there :)

"They have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing." Joseph Heller

PuckChaser said:
Probably NAVRES BMQ? I've never seen the Ensign on CADPAT, only thought it was supposed to be on NCDs as one of the 18 things that say Navy so people don't forget.

Funny because it's true. :facepalm:

tree hugger said:
The other day I saw a picture of navy recruits in CADPAT but instead of the Canadian Flag on the left shoulder, they had the Naval Ensign.
Is this a thing? 

I'm navy, wear CADPAT and have the Canadian Flag on my shoulder.  Is there a reg/policy I'm missing?

Maybe, depending on where you work and your job, this canforgen:  http://vcds.mil.ca/apps/canforgens/default-eng.asp?id=198-09&type=canforgen

ACCORDINGLY, CF MEMBERS ENTITLED TO THE NAVAL DISTINCTIVE ENVIRONMENTAL UNIFORM (DEU) ARE HEREBY DIRECTED TO WEAR NAVAL COMBAT DRESS (NCD) IN LIEU OF CADPAT, WHERE THE CADPAT IS PERMITTED BY COMDS AND CO S AS THE DRESS OF THE DAY. EXCEPTIONS TO THIS CANFORGEN ARE PERMITTED FOR VALID OPERATIONAL REASONS ONLY, INCL EMPL IN ACTUAL FIELD OPS, FIELD TRG ACTIVITIES OR OTHER APPROVED TRG SITUATIONS

Working at an army unit in an office does not qualify as valid reason despite the attempts to have me wear cadpat. 

CountDC said:
Maybe, depending on where you work and your job, this canforgen:  http://vcds.mil.ca/apps/canforgens/default-eng.asp?id=198-09&type=canforgen

ACCORDINGLY, CF MEMBERS ENTITLED TO THE NAVAL DISTINCTIVE ENVIRONMENTAL UNIFORM (DEU) ARE HEREBY DIRECTED TO WEAR NAVAL COMBAT DRESS (NCD) IN LIEU OF CADPAT, WHERE THE CADPAT IS PERMITTED BY COMDS AND CO S AS THE DRESS OF THE DAY. EXCEPTIONS TO THIS CANFORGEN ARE PERMITTED FOR VALID OPERATIONAL REASONS ONLY, INCL EMPL IN ACTUAL FIELD OPS, FIELD TRG ACTIVITIES OR OTHER APPROVED TRG SITUATIONS

Working at an army unit in an office does not qualify as valid reason despite the attempts to have me wear cadpat. 
Don't think you see the mental picture - my confusion wasn't CADPAT vice NCDs - it was the face the pers in the image were CADPAT with naval ensign in lieu of the Canadian Flag.

got that but also noted you are navy wearing cadpat which in the majority of cases (high 90%) that I see this the navy person is supposed to wear NCDs.  I worry more about the fact that we have mbrs wearing completely wrong uniforms rather than ensign versus flag.

PuckChaser said:
Probably NAVRES BMQ? I've never seen the Ensign on CADPAT, only thought it was supposed to be on NCDs as one of the 18 things that say Navy so people don't forget.

Operation UNIFIER:

https://www.facebook.com/CAFinUkraine/photos/a.1323337024435027/1585991111502949/?type=3&theater

https://twitter.com/CAFinUkraine/status/1065245819174117378

uRb7O7y.jpg

OceanBonfire said:
Operation UNIFIER:

https://www.facebook.com/CAFinUkraine/photos/a.1323337024435027/1585991111502949/?type=3&theater

https://twitter.com/CAFinUkraine/status/1065245819174117378

uRb7O7y.jpg

OMFG.

We have clearly bypassed the surface area of an identification symbol that can be described as 'patch' and gone straight to 'billboard'.  :rofl:

Unless the pic is flipped, it doesnt look like the Canada flag is being replaced as it is worn on the left side...it looks like this is being worn in lieu of a div patch.

sidemount said:
Unless the pic is flipped, it doesnt look like the Canada flag is being replaced as it is worn on the left side...it looks like this is being worn in lieu of a brigade patch.

Yeah its a different scenario from what was originally posted. That position is actually in lieu of a division patch. The brigade patch would go where the UNIFIER patch is.

Yup my mistake, edited my post to read div patch instead of brigade.

So Navy pers wearing the ensign as opposed to a div patch seems reasonable (as reasonable as all the patch business is).
Is there a pic where it is actually taking the place of the Canada flag?

I don't think its reasonable. If you're wearing CADPAT it should be with a red and white Canadian flag unless a theatre standing order indicates another specific one for operational reasons (IE the IR flags in Afghanistan). If whoever is doing this thinks CADPAT isn't "Navy" enough, they should be wearing NCDs and can throw the Ensign on there all they want in accordance with RCN dress regs.

The Canadian Flag is on the Left side so they aren't just ditching the Canadian Flag. If Navy Pers are in CADPAT, why not have the Ensign in place of the Div patch. If we are going all "patchy" what difference does it make.

My question about those pics is why the 2 Army folks (with the crossed swords next to the nametape) are also wearing the RCN ensign?  Does everyone working on an RCN mission wear it on operational uniform?

Back