• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canforgen for tipping??

Bintheredunthat

Inactive
Reaction score
I've searched myself and come up empty handed, maybe someone knows something I can't find.

Someone told me about a recent Canforgen about claiming a certain amount of tips (gratuities) while on TD - anyone hear of this or have links?

Bin

I can only assume you actually searched CANFORGEN's as you reference it in your post.

However, it was not a CANFORGEN but rather a DCBA message amending CFTDTI's. Specifically DCBA 3 003/08 0104021404Z APR 08 para 2.B. which is applicable to Modes Of Transportation only (e.g: Taxi, Suttle Fares) and only if supported by receipts.

http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dgcb/dcba/pdf/CFTDTI.pdf
http://www.dnd.ca/dgcb/dcba/pdf/CFTDTI.pdf

Your OR, or any others working in ClaimsX, should of been able to provide this reference.

Right.  I'm sure asking someone to provide a receipt for a tip is a great thing. ::)  Tippees don't exactly like to prove what they make while driving their cabs.  But that answers my question and that's what I was looking for thanks.

As for a local POC for these q's, said OR (unrelated situation) has already told me that claiming breakfast is not an option when on TD when a continental breakfast is provided by a hotel(discussed by myself & others in previous thread) and I was told that if the breakfast was not suitable that I was to provide a receipt for a breakfast elsewhere.  I really would have no problem with this IF this policy was in black and white - but it seems to me after I spent some time in a few CANFORGENS, CFTDIs, and Travel Directives that some read things a bit differently than others.

Bin

Entitlements are different than allowances.  Instructions are different from orders. Entitlements are not rights.  A CO and/or his Fin Manager may adjust entitlements and disallow unsupported claim expenses based on Branch/unit policy/regulations/standing/routine orders, business plan constraints and other precedents. 

For example - if the unit provides a duty driver to take people to the airport, they will not be able to claim mileage if they choose not to follow the direction. 

Asking for a tip to be included on the taxi receipt shows no disrepect for the driver.

Bintheredunthat-Muzzled said:
I really would have no problem with this IF this policy was in black and white - but it seems to me after I spent some time in a few CANFORGENS, CFTDIs, and Travel Directives that some read things a bit differently than others.
It is in black and white, CFTDTI's 7.10(3) is one reference and I am sure if i were to look at the TB travel Policy I would find something very similar within Module 3. Ultimately it remains at the Approving Authorities (CO's) discretion.

Bintheredunthat-Muzzled said:
Right.  I'm sure asking someone to provide a receipt for a tip is a great thing. ::)  Tippees don't exactly like to prove what they make while driving their cabs.

I never  had a problem with a taxi driver about that. Upon entering, I'm telling them that I will need a receipt,
so on the run they usually start preparing it. At the arrival, I ask them to make it to X amount, and that tell them
how much tip they will receive, (they never have protest), and how much change to give me ...

Back