• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAP for Cele 2015

cele-am

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello All

I just got out of BMOQ (puff). I am a DEO with CELE (Air) being the trade.
Initially I was told that I will be sent to Kingston for the course training but I ended up in Borden.
Since I got here I have been hearing that even CELE need to do CAP in gagetown.
I even met a CELE who just finished his CAP and will be going to Kingston for trade training in mid January 2014.

Like I mentioned my recruiting center told me that I will be doing trade training in Kingston after BMOQ (depending on when the course starts) and also the description for CELE trade on CFA`s website doesn`t mention "Common Army Phase" as part of the training for CELEs.

Not sure where and how to get the info. Does anybody know if CELE do CAP at all or what would it be like going forward in 2015?
I know the next batch for CAP is starting from February 9th but I have been told anything about that either yet.

Any inputs or suggestions will be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks,
CELE-AM

5,2,1 can be completed in any sequence prior to 3 and 4. After 5,2,1, mods 3 and 4 must be completed in order- 3 then 4.

From the AMOR 2015

Common Army Phase (CAP) has been removed for CELE(Air) folks, as it's a "deterrent" to recruitment for a trade that is already below PML. Most of the CAP curriculum is not used in CELE (Air), and any portion that is required could be covered by OJT.

It's funny when a bit of hard work and fundamental leadership training is a "deterrent".

I hear ya....to be fair though, we can then say those in the Army that can't run a simple 5k in 25mins, or better yet under 20mins regardless of age and gender, should go join other elements.

On the same note i'm trying to find out wheter INT-AIR do CAP trainning, i'm finishing off university and if i get a chance to stay in the area a little longer it might give my kid a chance to finish his school year.

As far as I know, all Int officers do CAP, regardless of environment.

I was actually reading up on it and it seems that NAVY INT don't need to do CAP as per a CANFORGEN back in 04' unless that has changed. That being said it would be undestandable if AIR INT was in the same Boat....hehe. In any case it would be good to know exactly.

At this time, all INT officers are required to complete BMOQ-L (the successor to CAP), regardless of DEU.

CANFORGEN 130/04 is not the complete MESIP, nor does it provide the full occ spec.

The machinations of various branches and the three environments do result in changes to training and organization, so the policy today could be changed in the future, regardless of the supporting analysis (see, for example, the alignment of Log officers along environmental rather than functional lines).

RocketRichard said:
Which education system? K-12 or post-secondary?

Both.  When you see someone who claims to have a Degree from one of our finer institutions, who can not communicate in English in the written form, especially one who aspires to become an officer, even more so an INT officer, who will be required to communicate in the written form for most of their career, then YES -- our Education System sucks.

However, they first have to make it through BMOQ-L and that may weed them out for reasons other than being illiterate.    >:D

George Wallace said:
Both.  When you see someone who claims to have a Degree from one of our finer institutions, who can not communicate in English in the written form, especially one who aspires to become an officer, even more so an INT officer, who will be required to communicate in the written form for most of their career, then YES -- our Education System sucks.

However, they first have to make it through BMOQ-L and that may weed them out for reasons other than being illiterate.    >:D
Agree with this point.

However;

Washington, September 09, 2014 – According to new OECD data, Canada has a highly educated population, due in large part to high attainment rates at the college level. Furthermore, Canadian adults rank near the OECD average on foundational skills development, while Canadian youth rank above average.

Don't give up yet George.

I’m sorry, that my writing was not up to par, oh superior being, please forgives my uneducated, non-commissioned, French university attending ignorant self, for posting a question that may have offended your grace. Poor little old me just wanted an answer to his question. But, if putting people down for insignificant things such as an “I”, helps you sleep at night good for you. As for myself I’ll simply sleep better knowing because of people like you someone may refrain from asking pertinent questions in the future, thinning the flock on my way to the top. >:D

And you are absolutely right our Education system does suck. It seems all to obvious that they should teach ethics and morality to some, because if they keep this up we’ll be stuck with more people like you. :facepalm:

So you keep judging Officers by their pen and I will keep on judging them by their character.

Cheers.

acadieavs said:
So you keep judging Officers by their pen and I will keep on judging them by their character.

Cheers.

You're an officer, you have to be good at written and verbal communication as well as pers management,  administration, and tactical/technical aspects of your job. You don't get the choice, regardless of your character.

Also, as a serving officer I suggest you get a thicker skin. If this insults you than the military isn't where you need to be.

Finally, learn some respect. You aren't even BMOQ-L qualified and yet treat Sr people like this? You're am officer- act like one or get out.

Bird_Gunner45 said:
You're an officer, you have to be good at written and verbal communication as well as pers management,  administration, and tactical/technical aspects of your job. You don't get the choice, regardless of your character.

Also, as a serving officer I suggest you get a thicker skin. If this insults you than the military isn't where you need to be.

Finally, learn some respect. You aren't even BMOQ-L qualified and yet treat Sr people like this? You're am officer- act like one or get out.

By their post history, hasn't even done basic yet. Should be interesting to watch his/her attitude change over the next few months.

Back