• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CC-177 Para Drop - PPCLI Para Coy, 25 Nov 12

downinOZ said:
Capability 'exists' now, but is definitely on the back-burner.

By back burner do you mean non existent?  At least for everyone not part of SOF?  I was under the impression that the Army no longer has any Airborne forces outside of the Commando Regiments and SASR.

-Skeletor- said:
By back burner do you mean non existent?  I was under the impression that the Army no longer has any Airborne forces outside of the Commando Regiments and SASR.

Correct for both statemements.  Disappointing loss of a conventional capability.

And yes, heavy drops and door bundles were dropped on both exercises (two years ago).  ORBAT was similar to that described above.

I am in Para coy, but missed this jump because I was away on course. The only issue I have with this is that due to limitations, the sticks were still broken into something like 8-10 people per side, which really takes away from the awesomeness of having 100+ guys in the air at the same time.

Back