• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

l, by point is Canada did what it could do, aided where it could, but nobody expected us to build a Canadian A Bomb,
Whatever Canada's involvement was, the decision to drop them was solely up to one man. President Truman.

Whatever Canada's involvement was, the decision to drop them was solely up to one man. President Truman.
History was weird, guy didn't even know they existed in march 1945, and he's dropping 2 come August.

That said, I'm sorry for derailing.

FYI - when I got my jab in London last week it was administered by a young paramedic.

🍻
Reminds me of the old saying to never let a doctor do it. Get the nurse.

So, I got my jab on 23 March. From an M.D. ( Not my family doctor. )

After all the injections and vaccines I have had in my personal and professional life, never had a problem. Until now,

No problem, yet, with the vaccine - AZ.

But, something called SIRVA from the needle.

Reference to Bill Gates, a favourite blamee of the conspiracy crowd (although he is creepy and responsible for crappy software), is odd for a scientific paper, but the publisher appears to be legit.

The coronavirus vaccine doesn’t cause Alzheimer’s, ALS

TL;DR: Classen’s paper presents no evidence other than a three-sentence methods section that summarizes an unspecified analysis of the COVID-19 vaccine.

Also: Microbiology & Infectious Diseases is hosted by SciVision, a platform for open-access journals that librarian Jeffrey Beall listed as a potential predatory publisher aimed at profiting from academics instead of offering rigorous peer review. Classen has previously published research falsely linking vaccines to diabetes. He speculates on his website that the coronavirus pandemic "is actually a bioweapon attack and may be linked to the U.S. anthrax attack of 2001."

Thanks. I did a quick check of Scivision and that did not come up.

I'll look at your link in a bit.

I was hoping to buy up some cheap property after mad cow disease had thinned out the buyer pool in a few years, though.

Alright, I've read it, including the comments - in which there seems to be a bit of a dispute, so I'm unconvinced either way. We'll all know eventually.

I've read several papers and articles regarding mRNA before, which led me to believe that there were no inherent dangers. These mRNA vaccinations remain experimental, though.

I am familiar with VAERS, and have looked at that several times over the last few weeks/months. I previously had no reason to believe the tales of large numbers of deaths and excessive side effects - yes, there are some, but small in number compared to the millions vaccinated and many/most were coincidental at best. Its information is neither complete nor consistent, but it appears to be the best catalogue of adverse effects available.

I did not know, until reading the article that you posted, that "A doctor once successfully reported to VAERS the flu vaccine had turned him into The Hulk". I suspect that there may be more than a few newts in there as well.

I've gone through a few links from that article and its comment section. One comment claims that "José Baselga, renowned cancer researcher and AstraZeneca oncology R&D head, dies at 61
His death was confirmed by AstraZeneca, where Baselga had been serving as executive vice president for research and development in oncology. The company did not provide a cause of death; the Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia reported it was Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, a rare brain infection that causes degeneration and death."

José Baselga, Renowned Oncologist, Dies at 61 backs this up, as does an article in Oncozine which provides far more information. A New York Times article gives no cause of death, but states that "Dr. Baselga resigned from Sloan Kettering in September 2018 under pressure after The Times and ProPublica, the nonprofit investigative journalism outfit, reported that he had failed to disclose millions of dollars in payments from drug and health care companies in dozens of research articles in The New England Journal of Medicine and other publications. In any case, no connection between his employment and his illness and death was made. I did not look at any of the other online articles covering his death.

I remain disinterested in receiving this vaccination, as I see my personal risk of infection as minimal and have considerable faith in my immune system. I have never been vaccinated against influenza, as I saw no benefit from doing that, either, and have not been sick beyond mild colds in over two decades. That does not make me an "anti-vaxxer", as I am well aware that diseases such as polio and smallpox were pretty much wiped out by vaccines shortly before my birth - and there were a few still crippled to varying degrees by polio back then and many adults still harboured a fear of the disease. I've never questioned well-established vaccines for certain hideous diseases prevalent in certain areas, either.

I don't care whether you get the vaccine or not, that's a personal thing. I got the vaccine because I want to be able to travel to see my daughter and grandchildren at some point in the future. Do you not have family members you're concerned about?

I just hate misinformation from half-assed quack MDs.

VAERS is an explosion waiting to happen because anyone can submit a report, not just medical people. I'm quite sure anti-vaxxers are submitting misleadng or downright false reports.

I don't care whether you get the vaccine or not, that's a personal thing.

VAERS is an explosion waiting to happen because anyone can submit a report, not just medical people. I'm quite sure anti-vaxxers are submitting misleadng or downright false reports.

Oh, for a second there I thought you were talking about Climate Change and 5G ;)

I don't care whether you get the vaccine or not, that's a personal thing. I got the vaccine because I want to be able to travel to see my daughter and grandchildren at some point in the future. Do you not have family members you're concerned about?

If I've learned anything over the last thirty years that the internet has blossomed, its that the world has absolutely no shortage of "experts" in any field you could imagine. Regardless of how valid their opinions might be (or possibly in spite of that validity) both the good and the bad get about an equal amount of exposure and support. Somewhere in the last few decades, humanity has lost the ability for critical analysis.

While I'm a strong supporter of vaccination (had German measles in the 50s and almost died and my mother had a very mild (fortunately) case of polio - I still bear a tiny smallpox vaccination scar on my arm and regularly take Flu vaccines). I think that folks who won't take vaccinations are putting society at risk and dragging this whole thing out but at the same time I take solace in the fact that eventually (like the Flu back in the 1920s) they too will be vaccinated through the natural way.

🍻

While I'm a strong supporter of vaccination (had German measles in the 50s and almost died and my mother had a very mild (fortunately) case of polio - I still bear a tiny smallpox vaccination scar on my arm and regularly take Flu vaccines). I think that folks who won't take vaccinations are putting society at risk and dragging this whole thing out but at the same time I take solace in the fact that eventually (like the Flu back in the 1920s) they too will be vaccinated through the natural way.

🍻
I think our generation has been pretty fortunate. I don't recall seeing a quarantine sign, Diptheria, Scarlett Fever, Whooping Cough. None of my classmates were crippled with Polio. Don't recall seeing any Mastoid scars.

I think that folks who won't take vaccinations are putting society at risk and dragging this whole thing out

(y)

I think our generation has been pretty fortunate. I don't recall seeing a quarantine sign, Diptheria, Scarlett Fever, Whooping Cough. None of my classmates were crippled with Polio. Don't recall seeing any Mastoid scars.

(y)
Quarantine signs? My heavens - the human rights folks would have kittens.

I went to public school in the late '50s with a kid who wore leg braces due to polio. Two of my dad's sisters died young; one as an infant, one in her 20s. His mother died 2 days after he was born. He got TB in the '30s. Life was much more precarious back in the day.

and don't forget the sanitariums. If you had TB you were kept totally isolated in a dedicated facility

The coronavirus vaccine doesn’t cause Alzheimer’s, ALS

TL;DR: Classen’s paper presents no evidence other than a three-sentence methods section that summarizes an unspecified analysis of the COVID-19 vaccine.

Also: Microbiology & Infectious Diseases is hosted by SciVision, a platform for open-access journals that librarian Jeffrey Beall listed as a potential predatory publisher aimed at profiting from academics instead of offering rigorous peer review. Classen has previously published research falsely linking vaccines to diabetes. He speculates on his website that the coronavirus pandemic "is actually a bioweapon attack and may be linked to the U.S. anthrax attack of 2001."
What BW attack in 2001?

(y)
Don't forget Thalidomide

How is it that an MPP can break the law, encourage others to break the law and remain an MPP?

How is it that an MPP can break the law, encourage others to break the law and remain an MPP?
I'll defer to the experts, but from what I have read in the papers, it seems to me, only thing can separate politicians from their paycheque is prison.

Because the only thing that can remove a politician from their seat is the voter.

There is an excellent reason for this, if you think about it. Do you want a system where, as a voter, you send a representative to Parliament or Legislature, only to have some unelected official or committee decide that they don’t like the cut of their jib (for whatever reason) and replace them?

I am not defending Randy Hillier, but be careful that the cure is not worse than the disease.

Back