• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

And the 95% will not convince the 4% they are wrong and the 95% are right. The government lied about masks. The government lied about social distancing. The government lied about the vaccine. The government has used coercion, lies, threats, false data and now forced vaccines are being prepared. Call them mandates or whatever you want. Make no mistake, going down this road may cross a line which we won't come back from. What will be the next thing trudeau decides is good for us and with the 203622070_10165564443915293_3536487220431800843_n.jpgprecedence set, makes it mandatory under threat of fines or jail?203622070_10165564443915293_3536487220431800843_n.jpg

And the 95% will not convince the 4% they are wrong and the 95% are right. The government lied about masks. The government lied about social distancing. The government lied about the vaccine. The government has used coercion, lies, threats, false data and now forced vaccines are being prepared. Call them mandates or whatever you want. Make no mistake, going down this road may cross a line which we won't come back from. What will be the next thing trudeau decides is good for us and with the precedence set, makes it mandatory under threat of fines or jail?
Trust the science. It’s never wrong.

Well now, conspiracy nuts will be all over this
Why? Because the government surreptitiously and secretly tracked the locations of unaware citizens. Spying on Canadians, collecting data on them, invading their privacy? Yeah, no conspiracy there. Just normal trudeau government SOPs.

203622070_10165564443915293_3536487220431800843_n.jpg

A Damning Letter.
The facts, with references, from BC Health Practioners and Concerned Citizens. A letter that cuts through the gobally goop and political and media spin and double talk. Make your own judgements.

I did......and won't get that 20 minutes back.

Way back to last Sept and Anonymous. Hey look....another straw just ran by.

So you don’t want the measles vaccine to be mandatory? How about Polio?
It is recommended by the medical community, that if you have natural immunity to those diseases, you don't get vaccinated for it. A recent study from Israel says that the natural immunity to covid is better and stronger than the vaccination. So why does someone with natural immunity have to get jabbed?

I did......and won't get that 20 minutes back.

Way back to last Sept and Anonymous. Hey look....another straw just ran by.
20 minutes without checking the references. 20 minutes for that narrative? See Dick. See Sally. See Dick and Sally run.

There are tens of millions of pro-vaxx parents/people in Canada.
So, for the approx. 92% of those 12+ who have chosen vaccines and those approx 2-3.5% who can’t get vaccines for legitimate health reasons, those 94-95.5% 12+, they’re calling the shots and the 4.5-6% are just going to have to deal with it.
This is a democratic country, and within the framework of the law, the 95.5% can do whatever the heck they want. Those 4% can protest all they want, as is their right, they can launch as many legal challenges as they want, but guess what? As things stand right now, they will not convince the 95% that they are wrong and the 4% is right.
Here is the real problem.

John Ivison: Legault's draconian overreach on the unvaccinated is no cure for the malady

From the article:

"The cure is not to further polarize the population but to treat the malady — the lack of health-care surge capacity.

Take Ontario as an example — between 1990 and 2017, the province saw its population increase 36 per cent. At the same time, its hospital bed count fell from 33,403 to 18,571. Hospitals were operating at 130 per cent capacity, even before the pandemic.

At 2.5 beds per 1000 inhabitants, Canada compares poorly to countries like France (5.8 beds) and Germany (7.9).

........Yet, rather than risk being blamed for the system’s limitations, Legault has engaged in the time-honoured tradition of political deflection."

Provinces have had two years to react to Covid-19. They have been sounding the alarm about the collapse of the Health care system for at least 18 months, yet did little to address it.

John Ivison: Legault's draconian overreach on the unvaccinated is no cure for the malady

From the article:

"The cure is not to further polarize the population but to treat the malady — the lack of health-care surge capacity.

Take Ontario as an example — between 1990 and 2017, the province saw its population increase 36 per cent. At the same time, its hospital bed count fell from 33,403 to 18,571. Hospitals were operating at 130 per cent capacity, even before the pandemic.

At 2.5 beds per 1000 inhabitants, Canada compares poorly to countries like France (5.8 beds) and Germany (7.9).

........Yet, rather than risk being blamed for the system’s limitations, Legault has engaged in the time-honoured tradition of political deflection."

Provinces have had two years to react to Covid-19. They have been sounding the alarm about the collapse of the Health care system for at least 18 months, yet did little to address it.
I hate comments like our health care is better than the USA.

Well, yes, we are not rock bottom, but that doesn't make us good. We are in many ways second worse in the western world, absolutely garbage compared to Europe, but we don't notice because of the tire fire next door.

The CEO of United said 3,000 employees have COVID - but that the airline's vaccine mandate is working: 0 are currently hospitalized. Prior to the mandate, more than one United employee, on average, was dying from COVID per week:

I don’t pay taxes if I don’t buy sugary products. I don’t pay taxes if I don’t buy cigarettes. I pay taxes that pay for roads when I buy gasoline. Why should I pay for a system I don’t use as much as everyone else? The portion taken off my pay to keep this crippled system afloat hasn’t given anything back to me because of my choices.

A true market driven healthcare system would see costs go down, service level go up, for 95% of the population its a win-win. I’m done subsidizing mooches which is why we need a hybrid model at a minimum for users to have some sense of financial burden and responsibility. The other 5% can keep calling 911 for constipation. People who are obsessed with a free healthcare system have never experienced anything else.

From the article:

I certainly don't want to let government off the hook but, simply in terms of people, I'm not sure what could have been accomplished in 18 months. In Ontario, it takes 4 years to train a Registered Nurse and about 10 years to train a doctor. These not counting any additional specialties. We could build 1000 new ICU spaces but have nobody to staff them. The bottleneck in the pipelines predates the pandemic.

Could have re-opened those beds that have been closed. Most of the physical plants still exist. They could easily have been used as covid (low treatment) facilities with staffing being drawn from our core of RPNs and those retired types that were refused reinstatement or perhaps those immigrants who have the training but can't get endorsed in Canada. there are options other than wringing our hands and locking everybody up, just saying.

Could have re-opened those beds that have been closed. Most of the physical plants still exist. They could easily have been used as covid (low treatment) facilities with staffing being drawn from our core of RPNs and those retired types that were refused reinstatement or perhaps those immigrants who have the training but can't get endorsed in Canada. there are options other than wringing our hands and locking everybody up, just saying.
Once again. ....there IS NO STAFFING TO PULL FROM. I know a dietitian therapist who is pulling ICI duties.....

Yeah, people keep saying "Open more beds!" but without people to staff them, more beds are useless.
... and "if all those unvaccinated nurses/other health professionals were allowed to work, we wouldn't be so short."

Once again. ....there IS NO STAFFING TO PULL FROM. I know a dietitian therapist who is pulling ICI duties.....

Staffing challenges you say? I think they should put more people on LWOP then. :ROFLMAO: The people they punted worked through the entire pandemic from the start and probably have natural immunity, and they kicked them to the curb. You just can't make this shit up.

And now we're hearing officially that a majority of the "C19 deaths" probably died from something else but just happened to be positive with C19 at the time.

Back