• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heff or anyone else;

Any recent news on this out of the Recruiting Group? The University is having a Fall Preview day and they've asked me to come talk to potential applicants about the CAM program. I plan to go anyways because I can still help civilian applicants, but I'd like to have the most up-to-date info regarding ROTP. Let me know ASAP!

Cheers

The word is still the same. Applicants can attend the CAM program via ROTP, but flight will not be subsidized. I laughed when the recruiter said applicants can either wait years to get their PFT then BFT slot or pay for a PFT bypass and wait slightly less than years for their BFT slot.

Actually ... we were told yesterday that the CAM program is no longer eligible for ROTP ... just like the program at Seneca (though the Seneca program still erroneously advertises on it's website that it is)

Personnel already IN the CAM program under ROTP will continue until completion ... no new applicants will be considered.

Welcome to the CF .. max flex!

Hi,
Anyone knows how competitive it is if i want to get into the groundside instead of being a pilot and flying a plane etc.?
Because i want to be a air traffic controller instead, actually, i'm not even sure if that's what the groundside's for, the western's website didn't give me enough info
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Generally, the only difference between airside and groundside is that the airside takes ground school and does flight training on top of the regular courses taken. That and tuition is a lot cheaper for groundside  8). Both will graduate with a degree featuring the CAM designation (there are multiple paths to achieve this, both for air and ground).

As for competitiveness, I'm not sure if there is any difference between the two. My impression of my class is there are either equal or more groundside students enrolled in it than air.

benny88 said:
  And become irresistable to the opposite sex.

Ah! Until the opposite sex realizes you want to fly jets and then tells you "forget it honey Cold Lake ain't for me". Then you'll be irresistible...to yourself?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

TimBit said:
Ah! Until the opposite sex realizes you want to fly jets and then tells you "forget it honey Cold Lake ain't for me". Then you'll be irresistible...to yourself?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Haha as I get closer and closer to graduation, my girlfriend begins to show more and more interest in my posting preferences...wonder why that is?

benny88 said:
Haha as I get closer and closer to graduation, my girlfriend begins to show more and more interest in my posting preferences...wonder why that is?

I'll save you the trouble.  Just put down Victoria or Comox.  That's it.  ;D

Hey All,

I have been trolling this site for the last few weeks, but I haven't found anything on this topic.  Has anyone heard any word back on CEOTP internal selection yet this year?

I put my application in for pilot this year, attended Aircrew Selection in January, and haven't heard anything yet.  AFAIK, the initial offers were supposed to go out in March, but my PSO hasn't received any news, good or bad, for anybody on bae yet.  Does anybody have an idea what's going on?

Hi Griffon,

I received my offer at the beginning of April.  I have since received my posting message and PLAR request acceptance message.  I still have no dates for training as of yet.  I know a few people that have yet to hear back, positively or negatively. Where are you applying from?  I hope you hear soon.  Nothing is worse than waiting.

Cheers

I am applying from Cold Lake.  I don't know if it's an occupation thing or what, but AFAIK nobody here has heard anything at all yet.  I applied for pilot, and I noticed that the SIP was just released on the DWAN a couple days ago.  Congratulations on your offer, what occupation did you get accepted into?

Still no word here either way.
Went for INT O from LCIS.
Still only a juniorish Corporal so not holding my breath.

Good day,
I definitely need some advice.  Here's my situation:
  1)enrolled under CEOTP for pilot.
  2)failed PFT and was CT'd.
  3)must be reassigned.  Initial offers from PSO were for Army Officer trades(not interested), NCM or release.

I was wondering if there is a process to change my enrollment plan from CEOTP to ROTP without releasing.  I would like to be ACSO or LogO but these are not available to me under my current enrollment plan.  My AdminO is suggesting to go RMS clerk and CFR later on.  That seems to be an odd and roundabout way to get what I want.  I do want to stay in the forces but the Army trades are definitely not an option for me.  I am seriously considering release.  Any Advice?
Thanks

I have been told that once I am LS I will have the option to become an officer through OCTP.

When I do will my pay drop to rate that officer cadet gets or will my pay stay same at LS Spec 1 level until my officer rank starts making more?

cheers

Option?

I don't believe there's anything on the books for OCTP anymore.  If you want to go the officer route, it'll be UTPNCM that you'll be pursuing - and it's highly competitive.  Even if you manage to get selected for it, you'll have to complete a degree at RMC or a civvie university (the CF's choice, not yours).

The answer to your other question would be that you would have vested rights to pay at your pre-UTPNCM rank level until your officer rank exceeds it.

Maybe I am getting the names mixed up.

I am talking about the program where you become an officer and have to complete your degree in 9 years part time as you are working. I taught that was called COTP ( Continuing Officer Training Program).

If I got the name right, than yes COTP still exists, I was in a information session 3 weeks ago. 

cheers

You are thinking CEOTP but it is only open for very short gaps at a time to fill specific shortages.

You don't need to be an NCM applying for officer to get CEOTP either, they offer it to people at the recruiting centre if they have college (or even nothing) but do well enough at the aptitude tests.

Thank you for the correction.

I am already in as an NCM. Completed my Basic, waiting for my QL3.

I obviously do not know if this program will still exist by the time I am a LS.

I would only be able to do it if my pay does not drop to Naval Cadet rate..

Also, does anybody know if my 4 years of service as a NCM would count towards a higher officer rank? Would I start as a Naval Cadet like everyone else?

cheers

There is also a program called UTPNCM where if you already have at least 2 university credits, you can apply and they will make you a Naval cadet officer and you will go to school for 4 years and do military stuff during the summer.  You would keep your current pay, plus spec pay even as a cadet O.
  However with the CEOTP program, you get commissioned immediately to 2LT( or navy equiv.)  and would receive that pay.
You are early in your career.  Don't worry about it too much.  Just concentrate on excelling in your trade now..... keep your nose clean and when the time comes, you will have options.  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back