• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't ask about CEOTP. Plt has zero spots for CEOTP on the 11/12 SIP, so I didn't seethe point in enquiring for myself.

Zero for Plt. Hopefully MARS has better numbers or it'll be next years CEO/UTP competitions again. Thanks for calling those guys.

Sorry Bnelly, there's no CEOTP slots for MARS either...at least not on the SIP.

I checked the SIP and it does not look good. I am thinking of giving D Mil C a call for an update on the program as my BPSO had no updated information.

Good day all,

I called D Mil C today and was told only 4 applicants made it this year. One Infantry officer and three into Airforce spots. Sorry for the bad news, but I thought it best that everyone knew what was going on.

Anyone else get a CEOTP offer for AEC?  I got one the other day, but I am holding off accepting it until I hear the results of my UTPNCM application, although I am starting to think it is a no since I haven't heard anything yet.

Was on leave last week, but stopped into the office since I was in town for groceries.  My offer msg was released on the 3rd.

Good day

It is now June 22.  I have yet to receive a message - any indication of whether my CEOTP was accepted or not.. If anyone here is familiar with the process..as well at whether I ought to get a message on a negative answer..can you let me know.  Yes I have my CoC and they have been very supportive..but..no answer yet.  Rather than offend and bug anyone..I was hopeful there was someone here who has experience in this.

Thank you

Yes, you normally receive a message for non-selection (I know, I got two before I was finally successful).  CEOTP was slashed to near zero this year, though, as you can see from this thread.

See if your supervisor will call the desk at D-Mil-C 7-2 on your behalf.  I can PM you names and numbers if you require them (but they are also in the competition message).  Good luck.

Gosh yes the contacts would be appreciated...Ive been just ill about this..

thank you

I didn't apply under CEOTP, but under the SCP Program. I know the board for my trade was held June 8. I am going crazy waiting to hear something. It would be nice to have an idea when results will be released by D Mil C. The wait would be a little easier.

My supervisor called and left voicemails/emails with both contacts and has not heard back. I am getting a little stressed as I am registered to begin my Masters in the fall, but was advised that if selected I may not attend until 2012. I am required to put several non-refundable payments down ASAP for tuition/housing and will have to relocate my family if I go to school.  I am hoping for good news soon :)

Hello everybody!
I am a civilian and i was just wondering if i am eligible to apply for CEOTP for Flying. I do not have a degree but i just started one through distance learning.
I do have about 230 flying hours and i was working towards my CPL.
Is CEOTP only for people already in CF ?
thanks

If I am not mistaken the CEOTP is only if the CF is hard up for people to join. I am told it is very rare that CEOTP is used.

claude_m said:
I am a civilian and i was just wondering if i am eligible to apply for CEOTP for Flying.

May find some answers here:
http://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=site%3Aarmy.ca+&btnG=Search#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=site:army.ca+ceotp&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=97eede9ed711c932&biw=1360&bih=594

CEOTP is currently not open for Pilot.  It has been open in the past, however they closed it recently, and I don't foresee it opening again in the very near future, as they have slowed down on recruiting pilots due to the current bottleneck in training.  No, CEOTP is not only open for people in the CF, however there are different targets for internal vs external CEOTP.  Yes, it is a lot more restrictive as far as what trades are available compared to ROTP/DEO.

There is a new program that includes a partnership with Seneca College for the academics and the flight training is done thru the military.  It is an awesome opportunity but the timelines are very short.
Anyone interested must get the process rolling now.  Get the word out.

Can anybody enroll on CEOTP? I thought its only for CF members.

Donny said:
Can anybody enroll on CEOTP? I thought its only for CF members.

There are both a CEOTP for folks coming in from the street and CEOTP for internal selection only.

I would urge caution and talk to people actually in the CEOTP stream before pulling the trigger on an application.  It is not the preferred option for the CF and candidates are often treated accordingly (second class citizens).  I know and interact with number of them in different occupations, and talked to even more when I was actively considering it.  It sounds good on paper but very seriously consider the actual career requirements and repercussions before going through with it.

I am personally very glad I missed it and got a different program.  No regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back