• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Army Combat Top is too long..

JesseC

Inactive
Reaction score
I wear a 44z The length on the arms is fine, but it goes down a little too low. I fear that if I go down to a 42 or even a 40, the length on the arms will be too short. Any ideas?

Welcome to clothing stores. We have two sizes: too big, too small... pick one.  >:D

Lone Wolf AT said:
They have tailors employed by the CF

Who won't touch anything unless its initial/just ordered DEU. I asked about having my shirts taken in at the waist because the only ones that fit the length of my arms are made for fat people and was told to "wait for the new combat shirts, they have an elastic waist".

However, if you do find a base that will tailor them let me know and I'll go there to get the shirts tailored.

ModlrMike said:
Welcome to clothing stores. We have two sizes: too big, too small... pick one.  >:D
Not true, the CF has issued a third size recently... lucky.

They're combats... they're not meant or required to be perfectly tailored... do they keep you from being naked in the face of the enemy? Then they're servicable.

a Sig Op said:
They're combats... they're not meant or required to be perfectly tailored... do they keep you from being naked in the face of the enemy? Then they're servicable.
The only thing that doesn't make me feel naked in the face of the enemy is my rifle with 2x frontline ammo load.  But then again my wife does say I'm a little "different".

a Sig Op said:

The fact of the matter is we spend 99% of our time in combats in garrison, or in the public eye. Having a good fitting set of combats in fairly good condition is something every soldier should strive to do. It's also our garrison dress... unless you think we should reserve our combats for field stuff and bring back the garrison dress?

Snaketnk said:
The fact of the matter is we spend 99% of our time in combats in garrison, or in the public eye. Having a good fitting set of combats in fairly good condition is something every soldier should strive to do. It's also our garrison dress... unless you think we should reserve our combats for field stuff and bring back the garrison dress?
Oh now you done it  :facepalm: there will be a memmo out on it next week.

Snaketnk said:
unless you think we should reserve our combats for field stuff and bring back the garrison dress?

Nothing to see here.  Move along

Snaketnk said:

Agreed, however soldiers do not fit any particular mold, that is to say not everyone looks good in a uniform and may not fit  the sizing system.

Plus we are not allowed, by QR & O to alter uniforms, other than DEU.

Plus some soldiers are bit.....portly? And do not look good in any uniform.

Jim Seggie said:
Agreed, however soldiers do not fit any particular mold, that is to say not everyone looks good in a uniform and may not fit  the sizing system.

Plus we are not allowed, by QR & O to alter uniforms, other than DEU.

Plus some soldiers are bit.....portly? And do not look good in any uniform.

Unfortunately, the mould used to fashion our uniforms was more cubic than soldierly.

JesseC said:
I wear a 44z The length on the arms is fine, but it goes down a little too low. I fear that if I go down to a 42 or even a 40, the length on the arms will be too short. Any ideas?

Ever consider rack therapy?

Snaketnk said:

:nod:

I think everyone has seen someone walking around and looked at them and just went...  ??? Do you not realize your clothes do not even come in the ballpark of fitting you and you look like a soup sandwitch?

Like really skinny guys who look like they're wearing MC Hammer pants... JUST GET NEW PANTS!

Back