• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chance of AEC ending up in US first post?

Mountie, thanks for the info. That clears it up quite a bit. However, 'checking out' is a strange term to be using considering it's also an idiom for dying. ;)

Celticgirl said:
However, 'checking out' is a strange term to be using considering it's also an idiom for dying. ;)

Its term also used in the hotel industry when a guest pays the bill and leaves.

Celticgirl said:
However, 'checking out' is a strange term to be using considering it's also an idiom for dying.

CDN Aviator said:
Its term also used in the hotel industry when a guest pays the bill and leaves.

Looking at an attractive someone of the opposite sex comes to mind, too.  ;)

PMedMoe said:
Looking at an attractive someone of the opposite sex comes to mind, too.  ;)

IIRC, the Judge told you to stop looking at me like that Moe........

CDN Aviator said:

Just so long as she's not 'checking out' my highlander!  :eek:  ;)

CDN Aviator said:

It's okay, as long as I'm at least 100 meters away from you...... ;D

PMedMoe said:
It's okay, as long as I'm at least 100 meters away from you...... ;D

Conveniently enough, thats about the distance from my house to the bush you hide in. What am i doing now ?

Sorry for the legal hijack.

CDN Aviator said:
Conveniently enough, thats about the distance from my house to the bush you hide in. What am i doing now ?

I can't say on a public forum...... ;)

Found it!

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/80860.0.html

Here's that schedule from 2 months ago.

SSS

Celticgirl said:
Mountie, thanks for the info. That clears it up quite a bit. However, 'checking out' is a strange term to be using considering it's also an idiom for dying. ;)

Check out is the slang term for what is technically now called "certification" and what was more commonly referred to as "qualification". For awhile they were even using the term "combat ready". There is some real semantic legal beagle differences between all these terms but the reality of their use in the AEC world is that they all meant the same thing. As Mountie said, you are qualified/certified/checked-out when you are approved to do the job on your own without someone watching over your shoulder.

For Wpns this does not occur until after you have passed 51 Sqn. As such it could take place in North Bay if you are posted there or at one of the other places of initial emplyments like EADS or 42 Rdr. For ATC folks, both IFR and VFR, it occurs during your first posting at an ATC unit.

As to what type of posting you get... attached, prohibited or full will depend on evolving policy, and policy has gone through some changes lately, but this is the current approach:
All ab initio's receive a prohibited posting from AF Tng to their OJE/T unit prior to CFSACO. TD is only used for short excursions to see the other units, etc.
Students are attached posted to CFSACO unless previously qualified as an AEC (ie those coming for cross training) then it is TD.
The AEC CM does a full posting for ATC CFSACO grads, Weapons grads get another attached posting to 51 Sqn from AF Tng. Once tng at 51 Sqn is complete the Wpns students then get a full posting from the AEC CM.

Back