• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Check out these Norwegian Coastal Rangers

ArmyRick

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Check out what these modern day vikings have to do to be in Coastal Rangers

Anybody here ever work with these guys?

Not really. One of their SGM’s is imbedded with 10th Group and running their Arctic Program. They seem to be a solid group, and have started a NATO Arctic Training Center back home where 10th Group and other SOF are going.

They are big on folding their carbines, and really big on firing folded — so I have a soft spot already for them ;)

Check out what these modern day vikings have to do to be in Coastal Rangers

Anybody here ever work with these guys?

I was at the Norwegian Infantry School in Elverum (on a course in 1983) as they were standing up the Army version.

They were interested in the SAS model, largely due to the need to counter airline hijackers etc.

Being Norway, a country the hates 'elites', they struggled to survive as an organization as I recall...

Marine Special chaps...

Not really. One of their SGM’s is imbedded with 10th Group and running their Arctic Program. They seem to be a solid group, and have started a NATO Arctic Training Center back home where 10th Group and other SOF are going.

They are big on folding their carbines, and really big on firing folded — so I have a soft spot already for them ;)
Just imagine if we had a cold weather training centre that foreigners could come and train at as well as our own.....

I guess we can call it Shilo.....

Just imagine if we had a cold weather training centre that foreigners could come and train at as well as our own.....

I guess we can call it Shilo.....
Yeah, except people actually want to go to Norway.

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

From time to time, I like to peep in on Norway and Sweden to see how yjeir military functions and prepares for war. They are very much thinking of keeping it reasonable force size, adapt to the direct threats and use terrain to their advantage.

Canada could take a lesson from them, me thinks. Go Vikings!

Back