• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

Interference....

The pro-Palestinian protests over the last month, where tens of thousands in the U.S. have chanted for the end of Israel, are not merely a story of organic rage.

They are also funded in large part by an uber-wealthy American-born tech entrepreneur: Neville Roy Singham, and his wife Jodie Evans.

Since 2017, Singham has been the main funder of The People’s Forum, which has co-organized at least four protests after 1,400 innocent Israelis were slaughtered by Hamas on October 7. One rally, in Times Square, happened on October 8 before Israel had even counted its dead.

But Singham is more than just a Marxist with deep pockets. He is also a China sympathizer who lives in Shanghai and has close ties to at least four propaganda news sites that boost the Chinese Communist Party’s image abroad, the Times reported.

These Chinese media interests are helping sow discord in the U.S., Rep. Mike Gallagher, the chairman of the House Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party, told The Free Press.

“The Chinese Communist Party uses tools like Confucius Institutes on college campuses, TikTok’s addictive algorithm, and organizations like those that Mr. Singham funds to divide and weaken America,” Gallagher said.

Interference....

During WW2 my grandfather was not medically well enough to join the Army. So he joined the home guard.....and anyone who espoused Nazi sympathies was visited....and told this would not be tolerated.

The same thing needs to happen here except maybe the FBI take on that role.

what is the appropriate response to this action?

I fear that we lost the thread when we continued to allow the island shoal building and now are stuck with an escalation problem
As I said before, build a larger simple ship that has frigate speeds and hull as thick as an icebreaker. Lightly arm it and include water cannons and protected props and rudders. It's main job is playing bumper boats with the Chinese Coast Guard and fishing vessels. It's protected by standard navy vessel, but it clears the way.

As I said before, build a larger simple ship that has frigate speeds and hull as thick as an icebreaker. Lightly arm it and include water cannons and protected props and rudders. It's main job is playing bumper boats with the Chinese Coast Guard and fishing vessels. It's protected by standard navy vessel, but it clears the way.

Water jets? Ducted props?

This ship is designed to play bumper boats with Japanese whalers and the like.
170212-sa-ow-cruises-past-icebergs-at-sunset-034-0327.jpg

I’ve had some experience with fires at sea.

The colour is consistent with it being a real fire. The height of the smoke indicates it is pretty hot, which kind of makes it less likely that it is a ”movie fire”.

I see at least two, if not three points of smoke exiting the ship. The fact that smoke is coming from both ends of the ships says the PLAN either has terrible damage control procedures or they have a multiple zone fire.

Neither is great.

Back