• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

I’ve had some experience with fires at sea.

The colour is consistent with it being a real fire. The height of the smoke indicates it is pretty hot, which kind of makes it less likely that it is a ”movie fire”.

I see at least two, if not three points of smoke exiting the ship. The fact that smoke is coming from both ends of the ships says the PLAN either has terrible damage control procedures or they have a multiple zone fire.

Neither is great.
Not cool to quote myself, but other commentators are saying that this is an installed smoke generating system.

So… :unsure:

I’ve had some experience with fires at sea.

The colour is consistent with it being a real fire. The height of the smoke indicates it is pretty hot, which kind of makes it less likely that it is a ”movie fire”.

I see at least two, if not three points of smoke exiting the ship. The fact that smoke is coming from both ends of the ships says the PLAN either has terrible damage control procedures or they have a multiple zone fire.

Neither is great.
Being a landing ship, it appears to be a fire in the well deck and possibly it has cargo/vehicles on fire. That would explain the smoke from the stern and bow.

Being a landing ship, it appears to be a fire in the well deck and possibly it has cargo/vehicles on fire. That would explain the smoke from the stern and bow.

When the fire is out and overhauled there is a de-smoking plan ( on our ships anyway ) that will provide you the path to clear the air and de-smoke the ship.

I have no idea what's happening on that ship but it doesn't look like a smoke screen to me.

I knew this was more widespread, but it’s still shocking. According to a CSIS intelligence assessment, an unknown provincially elected politician running for the leadership of a provincial party in 2022 met clandestinely with officials at a Chinese consulate.

I knew this was more widespread, but it’s still shocking. According to a CSIS intelligence assessment, an unknown provincially elected politician running for the leadership of a provincial party in 2022 met clandestinely with officials at a Chinese consulate.

Gee, I wonder what province that could have possibly happened in?

Say, didn’t the BC NDP have a leadership race in 2022, where one of the only two candidates was disqualified for campaign violations?

Gee, I wonder what province that could have possibly happened in?

Say, didn’t the BC NDP have a leadership race in 2022, where one of the only two candidates was disqualified for campaign violations?
According to the article, the Alberta UCP also had a leadership race. It probably wasn’t Daniel Smith since at the time, she wasn’t elected to office. In the past, Eby had been critical of Beijing over Tibet, Xinjiang, and Hong Kong. Now…🤷‍♂️?

All parties and all levels of government, including school boards, have been shown to have a “China problem”. The CCP and the United Front don’t care about the parties’ ideologies. Just who can be “friendly”.

According to the article, the Alberta UCP also had a leadership race. It probably wasn’t Daniel Smith since at the time, she wasn’t elected to office. In the past, Eby had been critical of Beijing over Tibet, Xinjiang, and Hong Kong. Now…🤷‍♂️?

All parties and all levels of government, including school boards, have been shown to have a “China problem”. The CCP and the United Front don’t care about the parties’ ideologies. Just who can be “friendly”.
Bingo!

They are playing the loooooong game; Sun Tsu advocated it: “Plan for what it is difficult while it is easy, do what is great while it is small.” and “Every battle is won before it’s ever fought.” This stuff is drilled into almost every Chinese student in almost every university programme, and, trust me, Xi Jinping learned it in engineering school at Tsinghua University and so did all of his advisors.

Bingo!

They are playing the loooooong game; Sun Tsu advocated it: “Plan for what it is difficult while it is easy, do what is great while it is small.” and “Every battle is won before it’s ever fought.” This stuff is drilled into almost every Chinese student in almost every university programme, and, trust me, Xi Jinping learned it in engineering school at Tsinghua University and so did all of his advisors.

Maybe Justin should have gone to a Chinese university. He might have learned something useful.

Good article on CNN about their 11-day cruise with HMCS Ottawa during their Taiwan Strait passage:

Pedant disclaimer:

Only one of those is a radar operator (an AES Op). The other is the Tactical Coordinator (an ACSO).

231125091056-01-hmcs-ottawa-taiwan-strait.jpg

More Chinese "Grey Zone" activities in the South China Sea...

Back