• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

Breaking News: China’s former Premier Li Keqiang has died of a heart attack, state broadcaster CCTV reported this evening.

A Canadian immigration official blew the whistle on corruption in the Canadian High Commission in Hong Kong in the 1990’s. For his troubles, his career was destroyed. Some recognizable names in the Trudeau orbit are implicated.

Here’s a Part 1:

I’ve been following this stuff closely, but this interview with Scott McGregor blew my mind. We’re fooked.

Here’s a Part 1:

I’ve been following this stuff closely, but this interview with Scott McGregor blew my mind. We’re fooked.

I'm devastated...

... they used the abbreviation 'Intel' instead of 'Int'.

More proof that we're doomed ;)

A Canadian immigration official blew the whistle on corruption in the Canadian High Commission in Hong Kong in the 1990’s. For his troubles, his career was destroyed. Some recognizable names in the Trudeau orbit are implicated.

Why does this not surprise me? After seeing corruption in governments of all levels this is not a surprise.\
The way this gentleman was treated is fucking criminal - and those responsible should be held accountable.

This out today from the Info-machine (archived link here):
On Sunday October 29, 2023, while deployed in support of Canada’s Indo-Pacific Strategy, HMCS Ottawa’s embarked CH-148 Cyclone helicopter was conducting routine exercises in the South China Sea, when it was intercepted by two People’s Liberation Army J-11 fighter jets. Though the initial encounter was safe, two subsequent encounters were deemed unsafe.

With successive passes, one jet eventually conducted a pass over the CH-148 Cyclone helicopter with little separation, causing the helicopter to experience turbulence and take appropriate actions to remain safe.

Later the same day, during a second sortie, the same helicopter was once again intercepted by another J-11 fighter aircraft, which launched flares directly in front of the helicopter. The helicopter pilot had to manoeuvre to avoid the flares and reduce the risk of ingesting a flare into the helicopter's rotor and intakes. This encounter was also deemed unsafe.

All interactions took place in international airspace, well outside any claimed territorial seas and associated airspace. All members of the air detachment and crew on HMCS Ottawa are safe and well, and the helicopter was not damaged. HMCS Ottawa and the embarked helicopter are continuing their mission.

The Canadian Armed Forces considers an intercepting aircraft’s actions to be unsafe when those actions place our aircraft in danger or cause the pilot to manoeuvre to avoid collision. The Canadian aircraft was subject to multiple close-proximity manoeuvres by a People’s Liberation Army J-11 fighter jet that put the safety of all personnel involved at unnecessary risk ...
Also attached in case neither link works.

Attachments

"The Chinese are signaling that they will resume military-to-military communications, which is significant. It's a key priority for the Pentagon," said Bonnie Glaser of the German Marshall Fund, a foreign policy think tank.

The United States and the People's Republic of China are preparing to announce the resumption of military-to-military communications, Axios reported Wednesday.

Anonymous sources told Axios that President Joe Biden and Chinese President Xi Jinping will reveal the move after meeting on the sidelines of this year's Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit.

China suspended the communications in 2022 after then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a Democrat congresswoman from California, visited Taiwan, China's chief rival, in an unprecedented move.

I wonder if the possibility of a Trump return to the White House has got anything to do with it.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley placed two phone calls to his Chinese counterpart in the waning months of Donald Trump’s presidency to secretly reassure Beijing that the United States would not attack the country, a spokesman for Milley confirmed Wednesday.

The calls were first reported in the forthcoming book “Peril” by Washington Post journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.

“His calls with the Chinese and others in October and January were in keeping with these duties and responsibilities conveying reassurance in order to maintain strategic stability,” said the spokesman, Col. Dave Butler.

All of Milley’s calls were coordinated with the rest of the Department of Defense and other relevant agencies, Butler added.

Milley did not tell Trump about the calls.

Back