• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

choices of postings

tomas

Inactive
Reaction score
Alright I have a few questions but they are more opinions.

I am currently in my Signal Operator App course, and soon it will be time to choose where i would like to get posted.
It seems the likely choices are kingston, pet , edmonton.

now i would like to have the opinions of people, which base is best, whats good about them and what not.. I have a fiance, no kids, no pets, have been in for a year and plan on staying for 19-24 more..  your thoughts would be appreciated

Can you say Edmonton or Petawawa?  If your french, Valcartier?

Don't let anyone kid you.  Those will be your choices.  Doubt that kingston will even be a choice.

i kinda want valcartier myself ... but i dont speak french worth a lick.  The least place i want is pet,  BUT the advantage there is that they are scheduled for some tour rotations.

OK, I will eat my shoes now.  I was in at the regiment today and three new guys were clearing in.  Unfortunate for them good for us.  FRESH MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've had direct entry siglets posted to NDHQ. Some with only 2 years in. All depends on manning issues.

Radop said:
Unfortunate for them good for us.   FRESH MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm hoping to not end up at the Regiment now, Radop!

Actually, I'd like to go to Valcartier, if Gagetown is completely out of the question

Radop said:
Got something against carnivores????

Lol...only when I may be an intended victim....plus, my type tends to be a little younger...and not so much male

JAZZman said:
What? We realy can chose ther posting in the reg force?

I am a MCpl soon to be Sgt. I have been in for 12 yrs this time, 18 yrs total including reserves and prior regs.  I am from Saskatoon originally.  I have spent 15 of the last 17 yrs in Ontario and have requested a western posting each year.  The farthest west I have been has been Petawawa. Yeah we get to say what we want but seldom get it.

Whaaaaat???

Shilo :( I hope to god no Shilo postings.. no Shilo training.. no Shilo ANYTHING!!

I've been here long enough with the Parentals , * gag *.

Edmonton , here I come.

But , lets worry about basic first before postings lol :)

* JESSO *

You will find that your options for posting will rely heavily on who has the next major deployment. If Pet is heading back to Afghanistan then they become the priority and most folks graduating from CFSCE will go there. Same goes for Edmonton when they are ramping up. My course was initialy given all kinds of options and then Roto 0 came up and the choices all dried up and we all went to Pet and ultimatly to Kabul. Just dont let yourself get you heart set on any one posting. I'm from the west coast and here I sit in Pet a long way from home and this is where I will be for awhile..... Service before self.

Tomas said:
Alright I have a few questions but they are more opinions.

I am currently in my Signal Operator App course, and soon it will be time to choose where i would like to get posted.
It seems the likely choices are kingston, pet , edmonton.

now i would like to have the opinions of people, which base is best, whats good about them and what not.. I have a fiance, no kids, no pets, have been in for a year and plan on staying for 19-24 more..  your thoughts would be appreciated

If you have access to the DIN (or DWAN) you can access this site http://hr3.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dgmc/engraph/APS_Disclaimer_e.asp
(Director General Of Career Managers) and check out all the available positions per MOS. You can also download in excel the list of positions by location and unit - even gives the current incumbant (person in the position now). You can check out when the positions will become available, which ones are available by rank in the next APS (Active posting season) and what the position priority is. THIS ONLY WORKS IN THE DWAN.

This all may change with transformation - and even though you have all this info - they may still send you someplace you didn't ask for.

I have the spreadsheet for SIGOP (with incumbants removed)  but I don't see a way to attach it to this message - so if you want it email me at oreilly-m@rmc.ca

Mags 

the NAVY is easy: Halifax or Esquimalt

or take it or leave it. (lots leave it)

Take Petawawa, RADOPS (ol school) are always deployed in some form or another.

But Petawawa would be real boring for a young guy especially if u had no wheels. The bars/social scene blows chunks but whats 4 years and a couple of medals/experience. Insert jump course?

Crow

Hfxcrow... plenty of navyblue suits in Montreal, Quebec city, Ottawa and other "otherwise" green places.

HFXCrow said:
the NAVY is easy: Halifax or Esquimalt

or take it or leave it. (lots leave it)

Take Petawawa, RADOPS (ol school) are always deployed in some form or another.

But Petawawa would be real boring for a young guy especially if u had no wheels. The bars/social scene blows chunks but whats 4 years and a couple of medals/experience. Insert jump course?

Crow

I am actually in the naval reserve and i am waitting to my transfert in the reg force. I really prefer esquimalt. Do i have a good chance to have my choice???

Forum:)

I am talking about Hard sea trades not purples wearing a Navy uniform for convenience or reserves.

Sorry about that.

Regs:

Esquimalt: Quick promotions/better PLD/expensive to live

Halifax: slow promotions/good PLD/affordable housing

There is Navy everywhere w/ the majority of REG Force being in Ottawa.

A QL3 Reg Hard sea has two choices-East or West. They both have there pros and cons.

If I had to do it again, I would have stayed West. Nova Scotia, I could easily leave it.

Crow

I dont want to go to Halifax. I from Quebec City and I HATE THE SNOW :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:. Last summer i did my QL1 NAV COMM in the naval reserve and I fell in love with Victoria.

Back