• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

choices of postings

Question...

Being a Sig.. regardless of land , air or sea.. can you still go to any base? Ie; CFB Greenwood???

*JESSO*

Sig's an army trade. There are sigs at air bases, I believe the navy is replacing army sigs with their own tradesmen. But don't count on going anywhere except an army base at the start of your career.

sig is land only (I think).   That said I think its like the medics and cooks.   Regardless of what colour beret you wear you can go to any base.

Canadian Sig said:
You will find that your options for posting will rely heavily on who has the next major deployment. If Pet is heading back to Afghanistan then they become the priority and most folks graduating from CFSCE will go there. Same goes for Edmonton when they are ramping up. My course was initialy given all kinds of options and then Roto 0 came up and the choices all dried up and we all went to Pet and ultimatly to Kabul. Just dont let yourself get you heart set on any one posting. I'm from the west coast and here I sit in Pet a long way from home and this is where I will be for awhile..... Service before self.

SigOPs are coming straight out of Kingston and onto the Roto list?

Badda Boom Badda Bing. 8)

With the limited amount of spaces on tours now, don't count on it.

Limited amount? I thought we were ramping up to increase numbers?

meni0n said:
With the limited amount of spaces on tours now, don't count on it.

I don't know where you are but we have most of our sqn on tour, just back from tour or preparing to deploy.  We can only field on Lt det in the sqn right now because our kit is gone.  We are expecting one MT back soon from Kabul but that will take a year to reconstitute.  Talk of Haiti, increase in comittments in Afghanistan and posibilities in africa or middle east.  Doesn't seem like a slow time right now.

Radop, maybe you guys got alot of slots. But I'm somewhere where there's only 4-5 slots that are open to sigs and only a couple are C-P positions.

The 3 choices that were given to you came straight from the Career Manager, I know because I am one of your instructors! Don't try to ask for something else because you will not get it. Considering the fact that you are engaged and no kids I would not recommend Petawawa because you will be gone a lot, and unless your fiancee is very patient... she will not put up with it for 9-10 years(I think I have hit the average time spent for a Petawawa posting). On the other hand she might like it(lots of money) and choose to go visit Mom and Dad while you are away. Kingston posting, hummm well...hummmm you saw what Rad Op had to say about that. I have been talking with some students that got posted there and none of them seem to really like it. First of all, have you dagged green? Kingston will not take you unless you dag green. After this been said, I would honestly go with choice number 3. For myself, anywhere is good....you must keep an open mind. I am a true beleiver that you must make the best of it no matter where you are. There will be good and bad everywhere you go.

I am actually looking forward to petawawa now:) And i am not engaged anymore.. I am married now:) which is really cool and i cant wait to get to petawawa, I am going to 2 sv btn I cant wait

sigspig said:
The 3 choices that were given to you came straight from the Career Manager, I know because I am one of your instructors! Don't try to ask for something else because you will not get it. ...

BUSTED!!!

ROFL

Tomas said:
I am actually looking forward to petawawa now:) And i am not engaged anymore.. I am married now:) which is really cool and i cant wait to get to petawawa, I am going to 2 sv btn I cant wait

Of all the places to go in Pet, all I can say is good luck and I hope they have all the problems with GS and Svc Bn sorted out before you get there.  Thanks for the vote of confidence I think sigspig, lol.  lool

Tomas said:
I am actually looking forward to petawawa now:) And i am not engaged anymore.. I am married now:)
So much for temporary insanity I guess........
(JK)
:)

Once my posting message comes in, I'm hoping for Pet, but I have a feeling they're going to try to send me to Valcartier...something about needed French-speaking Sigs

Back