• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

clarification on openings and offer decisions please

10wskali

Inactive
Reaction score
What is the process for filling the openings for a given position in a given year? Are they determined all at once on a given day? Are they filled slowly throughout the year?

If there are 10 openings for a position that year, and the selection is done, say in April, would 10 offers be sent out to the top 10 candidates and any one else who got merit listed shortly after that would have to wait until next year?

Could somebody provide some insight please?

Thanks

The short & accurate answer: It depends.

To clarify, it depends on the occupation & entry plan.  ROTP if possible go all at the beginning of the year.  Certain NCM-STEP go right away as well.
For NCM unskilled and DEO it depends on the occupation and the intake numbers.

So the best you will get with your generalized question is a generalized answer.  If you care to be more specific in regards to the occupation and entry plan I can provide further clarification.

Cheers

Thanks Buck.

I'll just relay what I know and what I was told; hopefully you can provide me with some more details.

There are 10 openings for NCSE - DEO, my number one choice. I was told that I should be merit listed this week because my completed file came back to the CFRC and all I need is a green light from the captain that interviewed me. I was told that the decisions on offers will be made in April and that is why I am wondering if they will fill all 10 positions with currently merit listed candidates or will they fill "x" amount and leave a few openings for a later time in the year since I assume the merit list is shifting on a continuous basis.

Working in the RCN is a dream opportunity for me, but if I don't hear anything back from the CFRC come May, I'll assume I was not competitive enough to be selected this year and to my dissatisfaction, I'll have to pursue civilian job opportunities because I can't afford to hope and wait that the merit list will shift in my favour at some point in the future.

My hard stop is May, so I hope they send out all 10 offers in April and be done with it for the year so I know I can move on.

That would be the context for my original question. Cheers.

Hello,

For NCSE (DEO) there have already been a few offers made for FY 17/18 but there are still openings.  Based on the information on hand today there are more positions open then there are individuals on the competition list. 

Selections for NCSE are due to occur on 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017.

I'm going to be sending you a PM as well.

Buck_HRA said:
Hello,

For NCSE (DEO) there have already been a few offers made for FY 17/18 but there are still openings.  Based on the information on hand today there are more positions open then there are individuals on the competition list. 

Selections for NCSE are due to occur on 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017.

I'm going to be sending you a PM as well.

Well that was certainly a most unexpectedly detailed response, PM included! Thank you very much for taking the time to look into it for me. You saved me at least one trip to the Toronto CFRC, and in the event that I had gone there I wouldn't have received this much information anyways.

Since there is no other way I can show my gratitude I'll say - Thanks - again!  8)

Back