• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Close Quarter Combat (CQC) [Merged]

Do the reserves do it at all?

Yes I did look for this using the search function before posting.

Thank you,
Philip

We had the Gatineau police come in and give us a two day training seminar, and that's about it.

Yes.  But it is mostly a unit by unit thing.  Some do it right with qualified instructors some do it wrong with bullshido.

It won't be taught on BMQ and very unlikely to be taught on your trade qual course with a few exceptions (not sure if reserve MPs do any of that or not)

Crantor said:
But it is mostly a unit by unit thing.

Is this common to the entire CF to implement their training on a unit by unit basis, is it just the reserves that are inconsistent like this?

Thanks for the info

sharki9876 said:
Is this common to the entire CF to implement their training on a unit by unit basis, is it just the reserves that are inconsistent like this?

Thanks for the info

There are standards for everything we do however each unit will have varying yearly training plans and schedules.  What one reserve unit does one night another might be doing something completely different.  everything is decided from the top down.  Division will decree it's focus then the Brigades will tell the units what their arcs are for training then the units must achieve those benchmarks.  They will have the mandated training as well as some flexibility to throw in some other stuff at their discretion.

Unarmed combat is a thing.  It requires an instructor who is qualified.  Some units will bring in SME's like police officers or Krav maga guys or might have guys that are martial artists but none of them can teach unarmed combat in a formal setting.  We have a few qualified CF instructors at our unit and they do run some lessons from time to time in the training schedule.  Some of it might also be for PT sessions to mix things up.  Week night training can be a challenge to keep troops motivated.

And to answer your question, there are inconsistencies throughout the CAF in many things but we all have the same doctrine. 

mariomike said:
Hand to Hand Combat  ( 9 pages. )
http://army.ca/forums/threads/516/post-4775.html#msg4775

Reply #3.

'Twould be better for all by far if the Res F taught Mariomikejitsu Internet Search Skills rather than hand-to-hand combat.

I'd prefere the TaekLoachmando technique of "How about we stop spoon feeding the society !"

krimynal said:
I'd prefere the TaekLoachmando technique of "How about we stop spoon feeding the society !"

The irony of you posting that is hopefully not lost. 

Yeah I know I've been spoofed a lot too lol !

which is why me posting it was even funnier lol !

and yeah it's pretty funny how lost I sound sometimes on here ( trust me I know how bad it looks lol )

If you're lucky you can get onto a Close Quarters Combat course. But good luck, it's very popular and fills quickly, mainly by RegF Infantry first.

'Hand to mouth' training probably more accurately describes the reservist experience these days  ;D

mariomike said:
Hand to Hand Combat  ( 9 pages. )
http://army.ca/forums/threads/516/post-4775.html#msg4775

Reply #3.
Thanks MM - and merged.

Milnet.ca Staff

*Admins please move this thread in the appropriate spot if there is one*

Okay, so I have a little tip for all Infantrymen coming to battalion out of DP1. Specifically out of Meaford, because this isn't an issue with the Wainright training process. When it comes time for CQC (The hand to hand combat portion of your training) Unless you have a real injury, don't skip CQC because you are afraid to fight your peers. This is a continuous issue from Meaford with new privates, coming to battalion without your CQC qualification not only makes you "DAG" red, but it also makes you less of an essential solider. Trust me when I say, CQCB is alot easier in Meaford then it is in battalion. If you come here without CQC you will do the course in battalion with people getting re-qualified, which means it wont be other privates you're fighting it will be SGT's, Mcpl's and Cpl's. So again unless you are seriously injured when CQC rolls around, don't skip it.

Good luck with your training process!

Back