• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Closed/Open Trades

kleobee

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm looking into joining as an Image Tech, but that trade is currently closed. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for a closed trade to become open? And once that happens, how long does it take until I'm employed and getting paid?

Call your local CFRC for accurate an up to date info.

Just assuming here but I would think the trade would be closed untill Airmen start leaving the trade or they expand the trade creating more positions, or waiting till the next fiscal year. An just because the trade opens up again doesn't mean YOU will get the job as I'm sure there would be a waiting list of sorts of other qualified applicants coming from civvie street aswell as people already in the Forces trying to OT into that trade.

Do you think CFRC would be able to tell me how many people are ahead of me on the waiting list?

Crazy thought I know but.. why don't you just call the CFRC and ask them?

There is no "fixed" time limit. 

It will depend on a number of factors:

Is the Trade short people, or is it overborn;

Is the Trade being done away with, or is it being almalgamated with another Trade;

Is the Trade being restructured or changed;

etc.

Keep in contact with the CFRC to see if there are any changes. 

PS.  Blue may be your favourite colour, but it makes the rest of us feel visually impaired.  It is hard to read.

-Skeletor- said:
Crazy thought I know but.. why don't you just call the CFRC and ask them?

lol, well if I did that then I wouldn't have anything to talk to you about, now would I?

I probly will give them a call and ask them, just not tonight, as they're closed now.

kleobee said:
I'm looking into joining as an Image Tech, but that trade is currently closed. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for a closed trade to become open? And once that happens, how long does it take until I'm employed and getting paid?

Kleobee, I think I can help you little bit with this question.

The first time I showed up to the CFRC in Feb. 2009, Imagery Tech trade was one of my 3 choices on my application at that time. The very first thing the recruiter told me, after looking at my application, was something like, "Hey Thermal, for the Imagery Tech trade, you will NEVER make it. It's almost impossible to get this trade as it is extremely competitive trade choice to get."

When I heard that, I felt very discouraged. I was hoping he was just half joking, or something like that. When I finally had an interview with my military career counselor a few months later, he told me what he knows about the trade. He said, there is a very few spots for the imagery tech position in general and that a person with a background in photography, graphic design, or multi-media diploma and/or degree will likely get this position since it's extremely hard trade to get into, mainly because of super high number of interested applicants compared to a super low number of openings available "IF" it becomes available ever. lol

So, I think, do more research and have a secondary trade choice you might like, because the chances are, at least for now, almost impossible.

Just my little 2 cents.

P.S. Kleobee, I know blue is the Air Force colour but, GOD..., blue is really annoying on this forum background colour. lol

Back