• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

I mean, the P8 is just a fancy 737... Contract out ISR to WestJet and we're done.
Provincial Airways may have something to say about that. But there is a model for some of the ISR mission to give to contractors. Same with some SAR.

Provincial Airways may have something to say about that. But there is a model for some of the ISR mission to give to contractors. Same with some SAR.
PAL doesn’t have 737s (yet). 😉

Yes but has Boeing really won yet?

No. There hasn’t been a reply to the LOR even at this point.

This one is going on the PM desk and the puppet masters are not totally onboard. Quebec Inc. has to sign off on it still.

I won't believe it till contracts and planes in Canada

I think those people understand the pieces of the puzzle and associated costs.

This one is going on the PM desk and the puppet masters are not totally onboard. Quebec Inc. has to sign off on it still.
Source on that?

Canada has enough companies building stuff for 737s (and therefore the P-8) that Boeing et al can probably convince them otherwise.

Again, if Bombardier has a ready aircraft that meets the HLMRs, let them pitch it.

Source on that?

Canada has enough companies building stuff for 737s (and therefore the P-8) that Boeing et al can probably convince them otherwise.

Again, if Bombardier has a ready aircraft that meets the HLMRs, let them pitch it.
No source. Just the whispers. And past performance. But I know performance is no guarantee of future performance lol

Bombardier doesn't yet have a product. Now that they have been released to start defence work they have to get a move on.

I think its smart for them to get working on defence programs. But they are starting late on this one. I think they thought they would have more time.

Never move to a place where the environment is actively trying to kill you. Goes equally for places with poisonous and stingy things, large hungry beasts and weird diseases, as well as many places with the wrong kind of human.

Article out today that I almost posted till I read to the end because you know. But you guys can google it. But long short of it is the government is looking to fly the CP-140 long past 2030. They are looking at life extension options.

My take is that Bombardier lobbying is having an effect.

Article out today that I almost posted till I read to the end because you know. But you guys can google it. But long short of it is the government is looking to fly the CP-140 long past 2030. They are looking at life extension options.

My take is that Bombardier lobbying is having an effect.
Bombardier can lobby till hell freezes over.
They don’t have a compliant airframe.

Furthermore, Canada can’t afford to back out of the P-8A, both from a NORAD aspect, but also a don’t piss off the neighbors aspect.

Back