• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

So, it's not a done deal, right? It's just saying that if Canada chose to go with the P-8, the US Govt is allowing it?
Correct. DSCA advises that Congress has approved the purchase of all the controlled goods listed in the Notification…it indicates an impending activity. DSCA also provided such notification just prior to the CF-35 announcement…and the C-17…and the CH-147F…and…

So, it's not a done deal, right? It's just saying that if Canada chose to go with the P-8, the US Govt is allowing it?
Well generally there is a commitment of some type by the acquisition nation prior to approval.

I'm guessing here but are 231s backwards compatible with the Navy, etc?
Yes, they support the USN’s waveform. Fully s/w definable, so a few more options than the -210, which although it has a range of selectable waveforms, would have to ‘go back to the factory’ for any new waveforms. The RT-2036 is at least better than the legacy -210 RTs in the CF-188 and CH-146.

Yesterday’s radio. Old waveforms. 231s would have been…Chef’s Kiss
117Gs too. I'm not seeing a radio capable of TSM waveform either, so I guess we're planning on not being able to send FMV directly to ground units using ISSP.

117Gs too. I'm not seeing a radio capable of TSM waveform either, so I guess we're planning on not being able to send FMV directly to ground units using ISSP.
Yeah, saw that too. I suppose it’s (117G) a safe legacy capability, but an SDR and some TSM ISSP would have been nice….heck, even some 8075-compliant bits, but the fit out looks like pretty pure USN. I’m not advocating for hardcore divergent customization, just some future-proofing.

By the time we purchase these aircraft, 117Gs might be out of production. Hopefully it's easy and someone is smart enough to switch them to PRC167, with the side benefit of needing 1 radio to do 4 channels instead of 1 for 1.

A little more info

LOL

Bombardier Defense executive vice-president Jean-Christophe Gallagher told reporters in May that Boeing should be able to prove the superiority of the Poseidon in competition with his company.

"Our platform not only burns 30 per cent less fuel; it flies further, faster, higher, it delivers on all of Canada's requirements and it does it better than the American aircraft,'' he claimed.

LOL

Bombardier Defense executive vice-president Jean-Christophe Gallagher told reporters in May that Boeing should be able to prove the superiority of the Poseidon in competition with his company.

"Our platform not only burns 30 per cent less fuel; it flies further, faster, higher, it delivers on all of Canada's requirements and it does it better than the American aircraft,'' he claimed.
Did his nose grow excessively long during that?

Did his nose grow excessively long during that?
Their aircraft doesn’t even exist in the real world, so yeah, I guess it is ”fuel efficient”.

How about we turn this around:

”Hey, Bombardier, why don’t you deliver your prototype aircraft to Greenwood, next week, and prove how much better it is?”

Oh that’s right- BECAUSE IT IS VAPOURWARE!

Their aircraft doesn’t even exist in the real world, so yeah, I guess it is ”fuel efficient”.

How about we turn this around:

”Hey, Bombardier, why don’t you deliver your prototype aircraft to Greenwood, next week, and prove how much better it is?”

Oh that’s right- BECAUSE IT IS VAPOURWARE!
Probably take more electrons than mining enough Bitcoin to pay for the project… 😉

Back