• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Comm Research

Has anyone seen the career manager's newsletter? It seems there are 201 untrained comm rsch awaiting clearances. Given that they run only 2 courses per year with 18 pers max per course, it would take 5 years to clear the backlog. Even if they did run the maximum amount of 4 courses per year, it would still take close to 3 years and that's without any new intake.

Although in the state of the trade, they are only short of about 30 pte/cpl. Is that one of the possible reasons why they are
not really doing anything about the clearance problem? The CM did mention that it's being addressed higher but where and
what is actually being done is a mystery.

As far as I know, CR is back to priority 1 for clearances.  I've noticed about 40 get pushed through in the last month and a half.  They're moving a lot faster than they used to be.

And yes, 201 is correct.  I saw the list about three weeks ago, but since then the number has dropped by 19-30.  The January course is full or nearly full, as far as I know.  If they do get enough cleared people, they'll probably just find a way to run more courses, or maybe more people per course.

Loke, have you noticed which people are getting pushed thru? I've heard of people who have under a year in the military getting their clearance while there are still guys who have been waiting for more than two years that didn't get theirs yet.

Is there an actual list or is it being done randomly?

Anyone in the know if the january and february courses are running and if they are full or not yet?

Good Day

I just heard thast the phase 2 has been bumped up to 6 months can anyone provide hearsay/info on this?...did they bring moris back again?

BravoDelta said:
did they bring moris back again?

Morris.jpg

Oh....you meant "Morse" code.........

According to CFSCE calendar, part 2 just went from 53 to 84 training days with the next course running 10 Jan 11 to 13 May 11. That means they can run only three courses per fiscal year. The waiting time get qualified in this trade is extremely demoralizing.

Beatings will continue until morale improves.  ;)

Morale will improve once the people responsible for the delays are beaten  :)

meni0n said:
Anyone in the know if the january and february courses are running and if they are full or not yet?

Jan is full, no idea on Feb, though I doubt they'll run it.

Feb is already crossed out of the calendar so next course is probably summer or fall. Hooray for that :-[

"from what i've heard morse is making a come back"

it is comming back, but not as part of the 3s...

its a 6 month course that will be given between ql3 phase 1 n 2

L@V said:
"from what i've heard morse is making a come back"

it is comming back, but not as part of the 3s...

its a 6 month course that will be given between ql3 phase 1 n 2

6 months?  Doing nothing but morse?

You rubberheads oughta be able to copy about 100 wpm after that...  ;D

What a great way to motivate the troops but with a six month morse code course eh.

meni0n said:
What a great way to motivate the troops but with a six month morse code course eh.

Didahdit didahdidahdit!  ;)

Course is more than just morse code:

- review of phase 1
- learning what changed in the new phase 1 (unix taken out, replaced by more gen comms, so learn the new gen comms, etc.)
- typing skills
- general knowledge pertinent to our trade (geography, politics, recognizing a bunch of equipment/objects) ---> very vague, so don't quote just yet

Apparently it will "save" us time, since it will be credited and we won't have to do it once we get to Leitrim. (we used to wait all this time just to get to Leitrim and do another 6 months of course?)

From what I heard this is a voluntary course? I haven't even seen it on the CFSCE calendar yet. Is this course part of the reason they extended part two by a month and a half so running less courses a year.

The first morse course starting this month was voluntary hoping they'ld get the minimum 20-24 people they were looking for. They came short because a bunch (8+) are going on SLT, so they voluntold several from the database and of course, poorly notified the surpervisors, friend of mine found out through me.. typical 4sqn.. and they scheduled a guy I know who's currently doing SLT..  :blotto:

And of course, you have the usual weasels. Thankfully the class has several Cpls and no names from my shitpump list! Very optimistic!

In case you guys didn't know, they're planning to "dissolve" PAT... sending them to their trade base units (sig ops to edmonton, valcartier, etc., comm rsch to 21ew, atis/lcis no clue/pet?)... PAT would only be for the orientation week then it's off to a unit... sounds like a lot of TD  :-\

They might actually need to post people to the units because it could take a long time for people to get on course so no TD will be necessary I guess.

I wonder if they actually looked at the time it takes for people in this trade to get their clearance and get qualified. It seems  new people get theirs faster than other cases such as CTs and OTs.

Back