• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Common Army Phase

I think its more likely that the info either hasnt been disseminated properly, or it hasnt gotten buy in from the Int branch yet, as this was the CMS N2 that told us how it would be. 

At any rate, CAP at this state in the game for him wont be that bad, hes in the right shape and frame of mind to get it done.  Better now then latter.  It can only help him in the long run.

Nope, several will run.  I don't have details, but three (?) serials are running in January.

Technoviking said:
Nope, several will run.  I don't have details, but three (?) serials are running in January.

From my copy of AITA NATIONAL CALENDAR

COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 1 1001 (Mod 5 Runs First) DP1 REG/PRES 2 A 1/Mar/10 12/Mar/10
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 2 1001 DP1 REG/PRES 2 A 15/Feb/10 26/Feb/10
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 3 1001 DP1 REG/PRES 2 A 15/Mar/10 26/Mar/10
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 4 1001 DP1 REG/PRES 2 A 5/Apr/10 16/Apr/10
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 5 1001 DP1 REG/PRES 2 A 25/Jan/10 12/Feb/10

COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 1 1002 (Mod 5 Runs First) DP1 REG/PRES 2 A 1/Mar/10 12/Mar/10
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 2 1002 DP1 REG/PRES 2 A 15/Feb/10 26/Feb/10
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 3 1002 DP1 REG/PRES 2 A 15/Mar/10 26/Mar/10
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 4 1002 DP1 REG/PRES 2 A 5/Apr/10 16/Apr/10
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 5 1002 DP1 REG/PRES 2 A 25/Jan/10 12/Feb/10

COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 1 1003 (Mod 5 Runs First) DP1 REG/PRES 2 F 1/Mar/10 12/Mar/10
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 2 1003 DP1 REG/PRES 2 F 15/Feb/10 26/Feb/10
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 3 1003 DP1 REG/PRES 2 F 15/Mar/10 26/Mar/10
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 4 1003 DP1 REG/PRES 2 F 5/Apr/10 16/Apr/10
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 5 1003 DP1 REG/PRES 2 F 25/Jan/10 12/Feb/10

Mods run 5, 2, 1, 3 then 4.  The mods will change from numbers to descriptive, hopefully soon.  Also, of course, the proper title for the course is no longer COMMON ARMY PHASE but BASIC MILITARY OFFICER QUALIFICATION - LAND (BMOQ-L).  Yes, it sounds out rhyming with "debacle".  ;D

Does the calendar also show the 1 week-long Basic Winter Warfare?  It should come before mod 5.  I think. 

Technoviking said:
Mods run 5, 2, 1, 3 then 4.  The mods will change from numbers to descriptive, hopefully soon.  Also, of course, the proper title for the course is no longer COMMON ARMY PHASE but BASIC MILITARY OFFICER QUALIFICATION - LAND (BMOQ-L).  Yes, it sounds out rhyming with "debacle".  ;D

Well leave it up to the school of "Close with and Destroy" to change the name and order in which it is taught

;D

:christmas happy:

NFLD Sapper said:
Well leave it up to the school of "Close with and Destroy" to change the name and order in which it is taught

;D

:christmas happy:
We prefer to be called "The School of Cool" ;D

flyers123 said:
How much money can an OCDT expect to make during CAP in the reserves?

Your daily rate of pay x the number days on course - roughly 30% for taxes/CPP/EI etc.

flyers123 said:
How much money can an OCDT expect to make during CAP in the reserves?

You're looking at roughly two months of training for BMOQ-L, multiplied by your daily rate. So for an OCdt with a year in, about $101 x 60 days, or about six grand gross. Add to that the per diem incidentals or casual land duty allowance rate as applicable- I'll again ballpark these as averaged out to maybe $20, so another $1200 ish for that. From that you're losing taxes, CPP, EI, reserve force pension.

All said and done, the pay is quite generous for people who are not yet trained to the point of being useful in any meaningful way. Certainly it's pretty good compared to what most people (short of experienced professionals) will make over the course of a couple of months.

I assume you are trying to weigh the money you will be paid against time off from your regular employment? It would be a good idea to take your current pay and break it down into a $$$/day amount in order to compare.

Hi, i have questions regarding common army phase course for the reserve. I've been NCM before and did the soldier qualification, will i have something credited in for the course? Is the course still in 5 module of 2 weeks? if you drop out in the middle will you have to do it all again or you can just do the mod you've not done? and are the mod can be done in school year part time on the weekend? sorry for all these questions, thanks.

CAP or BMOQL is more akin to PLQ than SQ, so I don't think you will get any credit...

In the army's infinite wisdom the course has been renamed to BMOQ(A) (Basic Military Officer Qualification Army). Unless you have done PLQ you will not be credited anything, as Sapper said it is more focused on PLQ stuff than SQ/DP1 stuff.

I was told that they are phasing out the modules system and going for something else next year. No idea if that will actually be the case.

I do not believe the course is offered on weekends.

Do you know what's changed for course content, or is it just the name? Looks like its over 55 days now, as opposed to the 50 it was before?

InfO2013 said:
Do you know what's changed for course content, or is it just the name? Looks like its over 55 days now, as opposed to the 50 it was before?

If you are going on a winter serial, its probably 55 days because there will be a BWW run at the start. It is possible they changed the TP though.

ballz said:
If you are going on a winter serial, its probably 55 days because there will be a BWW run at the start. It is possible they changed the TP though.
There is rumint of a change. Standing by...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

First off I know this may have been asked but not recently.

My first question is about the reserve infantry officer training in gaugetown. Do the course takers get jacked up as much as in the NCM training courses? Any recent grads of the CAP course that can comment?

Some more than others.

It's really not a hard course to pass. Focus on the immediate task at hand, help your buddies and try to find a bit of time each night to unwind.

Back