• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Common Army Phase

George Wallace said:
Trying to get the candidate through the summer with consecutive dates.  Try it.

Confused yet?

George Wallace said:
[EDIT TO ADD]

OR  is it something like this:

COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 5 0911   DP1   REG/PRES   15/Jun/09   26/Jun/09
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 2 0911   DP1   REG/PRES   29/Jun/09   10/Jul/09
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 1 0911 (Mod 5 Runs First)   DP1   REG/PRES   13/Jul/09   24/Jul/09
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 4 0911   DP1   REG/PRES   27/Jul/09   7/Aug/09
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 3 0911   DP1   REG/PRES   10/Aug/09   21/Aug/09

The above looks right to me.

Totally ILLOGICAL.

Logically, one starts at one point and progresses sequentially to a final objective.  One doesn't bounce all over Hell's Half Acre to get there.  One doesn't do a Crse first, and then a second Course that teaches the prerequisites one needs to know for the previous Crse.  One doesn't progress from WO (Mod 5), to MCpl (Mod 3), by becoming a Cpl (Mod 2), and then a a Pte (Mod 1), then a Sgt (Mod 4), and finally a MCpl (Mod 3). 

Then by definition, CAP is not one Crse, but five individual Courses, with five individual checks in boxes; not modules at all, which teach the prerequisites for the follow on modules in order to come to a sequential and logical completion.

I agree this is confusing. Does anyone by chance have dates for BOTP (I believe this is a prerequisite to CAP altogether).

DannyITR said:
I agree this is confusing. Does anyone by chance have dates for BOTP (I believe this is a prerequisite to CAP altogether).

If you look at the BMOQ topic, you will find that there is a BMOQ being run in London beginning, I believe, 4 May and running to 14 Jun 09. 

There's a lot of guy from BMOQ arriving at gagetown. If there's bmoq finishing there's chance that another one will start soon.

George Wallace said:
Totally ILLOGICAL.

Logically, one starts at one point and progresses sequentially to a final objective.  One doesn't bounce all over Hell's Half Acre to get there.  One doesn't do a Crse first, and then a second Course that teaches the prerequisites one needs to know for the previous Crse.  One doesn't progress from WO (Mod 5), to MCpl (Mod 3), by becoming a Cpl (Mod 2), and then a a Pte (Mod 1), then a Sgt (Mod 4), and finally a MCpl (Mod 3). 

Then by definition, CAP is not one Crse, but five individual Courses, with five individual checks in boxes; not modules at all, which teach the prerequisites for the follow on modules in order to come to a sequential and logical completion.

I see your point George.

A simple matter of rewriting the TP.  Rename the Mods to the order you want them taught in.

George Wallace said:
A simple matter of rewriting the TP.  Rename the Mods to the order you want them taught in.

So you volunteering yourself for that  ;)

;D

NFLD Sapper said:
So you volunteering yourself for that  ;)

;D

Calian Technologies seem to have all those jobs tied up.  They only hire former officers, and the most senior of Snr NCOs.  ;D 

But sure, I would.........as a Contractor working for a six figure fee to change a few numbers around. 

So, by these dates (and thank you very much for them, by the way - it really illuminates things) is it even possible to be qualified CAP by the end of summer? And if so, will the training even make sense?

It seems as though if you try to follow the sequence logically (1-5 or 5,1,2,3,4 as it is for some reason) you simply cannot slot in a module at certain points. Am I wrong here?

And if you try to follow the logical order by dates, the modules are all messed up order-wise as has been mentioned before.

Maybe I'm totally out of my lane here, but this makes no sense at all to me and it seems as though an entire summer's worth of Ocdts and 2LTs are going to be SOL when it comes to CAP.

Thanks again.

EDIT: As someone based out of Quebec, am I obligated to take a course marked "SQFT" or is "DP1" still open to us as well? I am confused on this aspect.

Depends what your language profile is.

The 2 SQFT courses are listed as Franco.

Forget trying to make sense of it.  Think of it like............Getting a Degree at University........You get to take whatever Courses you require for that Degree, in whatever random order you like.........Don't think of CAP as one Crse, but several towards a Degree (CAP).

You will find a start date, which happens to be a Mod 5, and then that is the 09XX DP 1 "Crse Stream" you will take in those dates, in that order, towards completion of all CAP modules.

Like I said, if the person who drew up the TP had renamed the Modules into sequential order that they were run, they would have made it so much easier for people not at the School to understand and make sense of.  Perhaps that person left the lights on after they left the building.  ;D

You do not have to take a SQFT (Franco) Crse, if you are from Quebec, if you don't want to.  If you prefer an Anglo Crse, you can take one.  Just as anyone from another Prov who wishes to take the Franco Crse, can.

Seen.

I also just received my preliminary training dates for this summer. Not so good.

BOTP2 - 7 June to 19 June. Valcartier.
CAP - Directly after, starting on the second mod (whichever that is). Gagetown.

I was told there was absolutely no way to finish CAP this summer, and would have to take MOD 5 either part time (with 34bg) or full time during the school year.

I'm rather disappointed by all of this, but I guess I'll just take the kick in the pants. ha.  Does anything seem off to anyone else? Or, are any other 2LT's/Ocdts having the same problems? (in 34bg or otherwise).

I am an OCdt in the ROTP program currently waiting to get loaded on CAP course.  I did BOTP last summer (BMOQ Phase 2 or whatever they are calling it now).  It looks like a lot of the other OCdts in ROTP are in the same boat, and that "boat" is that nobody has received a message for CAP as of yet.  We are all sitting here twiddling our thumbs wondering what is going on.  I had initially heard about the course "starting" on 20 May, and how it was a strong possibility we would be loaded on it.  However new rumors have been surfacing that our loading may be "delayed".  So maybe we'll start getting put on the course starting in June.  From what it seems, I think there might be some logistical problems going on behind the scenes?  This is all just speculation, but feel free to comment/correct me.

Comment?

ok!

*watch and shoot, watch and shoot, watch and shoot*

...and take the time to ramp up your PT.

double0three said:
I am an OCdt in the ROTP program currently waiting to get loaded on CAP course.  I did BOTP last summer (BMOQ Phase 2 or whatever they are calling it now).  It looks like a lot of the other OCdts in ROTP are in the same boat, and that "boat" is that nobody has received a message for CAP as of yet.  We are all sitting here twiddling our thumbs wondering what is going on.  I had initially heard about the course "starting" on 20 May, and how it was a strong possibility we would be loaded on it.  However new rumors have been surfacing that our loading may be "delayed".  So maybe we'll start getting put on the course starting in June.  From what it seems, I think there might be some logistical problems going on behind the scenes?  This is all just speculation, but feel free to comment/correct me.

Look back a few pages at the Crse Dates.

George Wallace said:
Forget trying to make sense of it.  Think of it like............Getting a Degree at University........You get to take whatever Courses you require for that Degree, in whatever random order you like.........Don't think of CAP as one Crse, but several towards a Degree (CAP).

You will find a start date, which happens to be a Mod 5, and then that is the 09XX DP 1 "Crse Stream" you will take in those dates, in that order, towards completion of all CAP modules.

Like I said, if the person who drew up the TP had renamed the Modules into sequential order that they were run, they would have made it so much easier for people not at the School to understand and make sense of.  Perhaps that person left the lights on after they left the building.  ;D
As you said in the first para - it doesn't matter.
I think (speculation) they were written in the logical order initially, as they were going to be tought; however, standards may have thought that it may be better to run a different portion first (mod 5) or that there were not enough instructors to conduct the other mods first. I they get renamed and the opposite situation occurs then you have mods out of numerical sequence again - which is great because it allows for great flexibility when booking people on courses and finding instructors.

cheers,
Frank

CAP is no different then PLQ in that the mods do not have to run in numerical order.  The only exception is PLQ MOD 6 must be last, but all the others can be done whenever.  The CAP is very much the same way, though I dont think any one mod has to go last.  I think the reason the CAP is broken up into these mods was to accomodate reservists that could only get 2 weeks away per year.

For those of you going on CAP, all you really need to worry about is getting your course loading message.  Once you get there you wont be going anywhere until you get the whole thing done.

The other thing to remember is that CAP is for the most part the equivalent to the PLQ MOD 6.  BOMQ will cover small party tasks, basic field work and Battle Procedure during the BOTP (Part 2 of BOMQ).

CAP will have candidates lead section attacks, patrols and defensives at the section commander level.  All the building blocks they need for this will have been provided during BOMQ.

Aside from the field stuff they will learn how to run a range, again, doesnt really matter when you do this.  They will also, if I am not mistaken learn how to teach.  The field portions of the mods are the only parts that are sequence dependent, but again, they got their beginning sequence done by the time they get to CAP.

You guys will be fine!

SQFT means Secteur du Québec de la Force Terrestre, does it also means that the CAP will be in Valcartier?

thanks for the answer

Im just wondering what the deal is for CAP this summer with those who are suppose to be attending.  Initially everyone (or so I believe) was slated to attend CAP, May 20th (ROTP-civi and rmc) at the infantry school but the majority of those people didnt receive messages.  Ive heard the school is overpacked, I know of a few infantry guys that are indeed going May 20th but most people have no idea what's going on.  Does anyone have any idea or info on what the rest of the ROTP candidates can expect this summer regarding CAP?
Ive heard there are three more start dates, June 1,8, and 15 but you know how things can be.

Back