• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Commonly Confused Word Test

BulletMagnet said:
Look at little miss Brainy.....  ;D

I wish! I may be decent with English... but my math skills are pretty close to pathetic!

Pte Pea said:
It's very easy to get caught by many of these "commonly confused" words. I was very lucky to have amazing English teachers in both High School & University, who took time to help us learn the proper uses of many of these words. I try to read often, in order to keep my reading comprehension levels as high as I can. This has many benefits for me, including better communication both personally & through work/school.

Shame about, that comma though.

Compared to other takers

* 35/100 You scored 93% on Beginner, higher than 35% of your peers.
    * 6/100 You scored 86% on Intermediate, higher than 6% of your peers.
    * 39/100 You scored 93% on Advanced, higher than 39% of your peers.
    * 10/100 You scored 53% on Expert, higher than 10% of your peers.

Not great but not that bad for a francophone.

You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 87% Expert!

WrenchBender

WrenchBender said:
You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 87% Expert!

WrenchBender

Same as mine.  A friend of mine on another forum took the test and got the same scores, too!

LOL  ::)

Your result for The Commonly Confused Words Test ...
English Genius

You scored 79% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 87% Advanced, and 93% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!

Yer durn tootin'!!!

English Genius

You scored 86% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 80% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!

Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!

# You scored 71% on Beginner, higher than 2% of your peers.
# You scored 100% on Intermediate, higher than 52% of your peers.
# You scored 93% on Advanced, higher than 39% of your peers.
# You scored 80% on Expert, higher than 49% of your peers.

Apparently I screwed up the beginner ones but nailed everything else? Wierd.

English Genius
You scored 93% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 87% Expert!

Not unexpected....

You scored 79% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 87% Advanced, and 73% Expert!

You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score...so i suppose that this allows me to fall into the same bracket at Lynn Truss and all the other neo-grammatical-nazi?

English Genius
You scored 93% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 93% Expert!

35/100 You scored 93% on Beginner, higher than 35% of your peers.
52/100 You scored 100% on Intermediate, higher than 52% of your peers.
40/100 You scored 87% on Advanced, higher than 40% of your peers.
67/100 You scored 87% on Expert, higher than 67% of your peers.

Inter-Advanced
You scored 71% Beginner, 86% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 67% Expert!

You have a good understanding of intermediate and advanced commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of the intermediate and advanced level questions correct. The puzzling part of your test result is the fact that you only answered 75% or less correct in the beginner section. Fascinating.

oy taked de taste agin affer oy dranked sum screech

Li'l Bit
You scored 0% Beginner, 0% Intermediate, 0% Advanced, and 7% Expert!

This score does not reflect an inability to converse intelligibly, but it does, however, reflect your inability to determine the proper spelling and/or uses of many commonly confused words of the English language. There is no reason to feel bad though. They are commonly confused, so you're not the only one!
Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!

Compared to other takers
2/100 You scored 0% on Beginner, higher than 2% of your peers. 1/100 You scored 0% on Intermediate, higher than 1% of your peers. 0/100 You scored 0% on Advanced, higher than 0% of your peers. 1/100 You scored 7% on Expert, higher than 1% of your peers. 

Even if you know nothing, you can be smarter than some.

Blackadder1916 said:
oy taked de taste agin affer oy dranked sum screech

Even if you know nothing, you can be smarter than some.

Too funny.  :D

English Genius
You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 87% Advanced, and 80% Expert!

You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence!

Meh.  You wouldn't know it from reading my posts eh? ;D

Back