• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

Usually a CT candidate has some Mil Trg that can be applied to the Reg Force from the PRes. I CT'd in 1997, some of the first, and my quals translated into Cpl Spec 1 Lvl 0. If you have to go do BMQ/SQ again I think that you are a recruit off the street, unless Pre-BMQ/SQ time qualifies for anything??

Tango18A said:
Usually a CT candidate has some Mil Trg that can be applied to the Reg Force from the PRes. I CT'd in 1997, some of the first, and my quals translated into Cpl Spec 1 Lvl 0. If you have to go do BMQ/SQ again I think that you are a recruit off the street, unless Pre-BMQ/SQ time qualifies for anything??

I don't think it would count for much if anything at all. I would be happy to apply as a recruit off the street but would like to avoid release and re-applying if possible.

and it appears that you are assuming your CT will be a quick one.  They can take a long time giving you a chance to get additional training and experience in so that you don't have to do basic again.  With your current level your options are basically do the training or get out.  I doubt your unit wants to carry untrained dead weight against their establishment while you wait for a CT that may not even happen.  Put in the time and effort at the unit until you actually get a CT.  It may at least count towards pay incentive and pension when you do CT (not a lot but every day counts).

Im currently looking into a ct myself, but due to a large amount of problems I'm have been having with my or/unit admin, Im finding it hard to get the answers that I need so here goes.
1. Who would one talk to, in the unit, about getting this process underway, and is it a different process to also remuster to a different trade as mine is full?
2. As the infantry for reg is apperently full for the next 2 years, what training would help for transfering to wpn tech? or would I be better off just going sme or drv as I am already dw qualled?
3. I am a cpl 1, how much "time in" would I need to keep my rank even if I were to loose my pay grade and be cpl 0?

Okay. That's enough from everybody regarding this issue. The posting style has been fixed, and learning has occurred. Off-topic posts have been removed.

As a reminder to all, clear and coherent communication is required both in the CF and here. That includes proper capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure, and spelling. It aids others in reading what is posted, and generally gets a quicker and more helpful response.

CountDC said:
and it appears that you are assuming your CT will be a quick one.  They can take a long time giving you a chance to get additional training and experience in so that you don't have to do basic again.  With your current level your options are basically do the training or get out.  I doubt your unit wants to carry untrained dead weight against their establishment while you wait for a CT that may not even happen.  Put in the time and effort at the unit until you actually get a CT.  It may at least count towards pay incentive and pension when you do CT (not a lot but every day counts).

I'm not assuming it will be a quick one - that is why 'near' was in quotations. I have notified my CoC of my intentions and will discuss my options with him when we meet this week.

Hi everyone,

I've applied for my CT/OT in early march 2010 from res sup tech to reg F AERE through DEO. I've been nominated for my supply QL3 this summer. My concern is that if I'm at Borden, I won't be at home to receive phone calls regarding my CT/OT and I won't be able to listen to the answering machine messages until I return in September. I'm also not sure how much e-mail access we will get in Borden in case they contact by e-mail. Currently, the only e-mail I've received was the one regarding confirmation of my MPRR which came a few days after I've submitted my application. Other then that, I was told that my file is now with a broker and I will have to wait out until the broker contacts me. Basically, will going on course affect the processing time of my CT/OT?

Thanks!

Get a cell phone and give that number to the recruiter.  Explain to him or her your situation. 

And then, Bob's your uncle.

You will have to be in touch via email or phone. I had the same timelines as you last year, and got issued a broker in July, whom I contacted by phone and email. Still not in, BTW. Word of advice, keep pushing...politely.

Are you allowed to have a cell phone on course? I haven't been assigned a broker yet so who would I give that number to? I most likely will take my Vancouver cell phone to Borden so that number should work. I am asking one of the corporals in my BOR to politely inquire because I'm not sure who else I can politely inquire to at this point

Globemaster said:
Are you allowed to have a cell phone on course? I haven't been assigned a broker yet so who would I give that number to? I most likely will take my Vancouver cell phone to Borden so that number should work. I am asking one of the corporals in my BOR to politely inquire because I'm not sure who else I can politely inquire to at this point

Sure, why wouldn't you be allowed to have a cell phone on course?  Can't offer any advice on who to give the number to, but Technoviking's advice seems sound.  But as for the cell phone, sure, bring it along with you.

Globemaster said:
Are you allowed to have a cell phone on course?

Well, I wouldn't have the ringer turned on in classes (or even bring it) but, yes, you can. 

Would time in the infantry reserves suffice to OT to SAR Tech, or would I be better off to get my PCP?

C.G.R said:
Would time in the infantry reserves suffice to OT to SAR Tech, or would I be better off to get my PCP?

I am currently in  the same boat, well....almost. I had it im ny mind I was going SAR until I did RESEARCH and found out how hard the selection is. Yes you can OT direct over but keep in mind there will be alot of others applying. Some of them (like me now) will have taken courses to be an EMT with a local fire department to also get hands on experience. Just because you meet the "standard" doesn't mean you will be accepted.

I applied once and blew away the fitness standard. However I was not selected because there was at least 30 other people that had a medical background. Since I have changed that I plan to apply again in the near future. The competion is hard and you have to make yourself as appealing as possible. Every applicant's file goes through a review board. Only about 24 people out of 300-400 applicants will make it to selection.

Am I able to join the supplementary reserve while I CT?

???

No... why would you? Are you in the Primary Reserve? CT'ing means transferring from one component to another; components are CIC, PRes, RegF, SupRes and Special (Mobilization). You can't transfer to two components at the same time.

Yes, I'm in the primary reserve. I want to become inactive while I CT. I don't know my options and my unit won't help me with answers. Today is the first I've heard of the supplementary reserve.

Rheostatic, what is ED&T? Is there a realistic chance they will give me LWOP? Thanks for the help.

Back