• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

Wilshire Blvd. said:
Rheostatic, what is ED&T?

Topic: "Excused Drill and Training (ED&T)":
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31042.0

I've been getting mixed answers to this question - can anybody apply for a CT? I have been told you need to be QL3 qualified, another person told me you need at least one year of reserve experience to be considered for a CT. I have only been a reservist since December and don't have formal training.

i'm not too sure about the 1 year rule but my unit has CT'd two successful applicants who weren't QL3 qualified. One was BMQ qualified and one was SQ qualified. I've heard rumors that its minimum 2 years in reserves though?

Yea, I'm not sure. I understand they don't want people jumping around, but if they accept applicants off the street, I don't know why they wouldn't accept a reservist with little to no experience.

anyone can apply for a CT, it all depends on your qualifications on whether or not you will receive a recruit school bypass, usually to receive a bypass you must have worked at least 51 class B days,  the more service the better chance of receiving a CT. Whether or not your changing trades plays into the picture too, there are alot of variables looked at in Ottawa, hence why the process is unfortunately so long.

I am as well considering a CT after some reserve time, is it fair to say that if i complete my bmq and sq then at the very least all i will have to do is trade related training? or is it a better idea to be completely trained before attempting a CT application? I know that nothing in the combat arms is opening up this year so is it reasonable to say that come next april i should have most of my bmq out of the way? (field engineer in edmonton is the plan)

It wasn't possible for me to apply for a CT to more than one trade - if the trade I applied for is full, what happens? Is it possible to add a second occupation to your application? I am interested in two or three trades.

I'm currently in the process of a CT and I have a question regarding my PLAR for the wise souls here.

I'm Army, switching to AERE Air Force.

I have completed BMQ (R), BOTP (R) and CAP but I'm not being given BMOQ-2 equivalency.

CAP (now BMOQ-L) is a more advanced leadership course than BMOQ-2 and in doing some reading on army.ca my understanding  is anyone with CAP or PLQ sould get a BMOQ Mod-2 Bypass. (which also seems to make sense).

Is this the case? Do I need to request the bypass from the CDA with CO's letter and course reports etc?

If I have to take the course then so be it, its not the end of the world (I wouldn't mind some more field time anyway!) but I would like to know my PLAR is correct. I have asked my DGMC contact but would like `corroboration'.

I might be way out in left field here but it might have to do with you doing BMQ and BOTP (R) courses..... you might be missing certain PO's inorder for you to granted BMOQ-2 equivalency.....

hmmm.... I'm pretty sure the The POs are the same just not as much 'practical' in Reserve

Reserve BOTP is only 2 1/2 weeks versus Reg force BOTP (Now called BMOQ Mod 2) is 6 weeks. The main difference I beleive is in the field time. 9 days for reserve versus something like 20 days for Reg force BOTP.  (Though the new courses BOMQ etc may have changed that)

From the TP I have kicking around here.... BOTP (PRes) is split into two blocks,

PRes BOTP Block I: 20 days (which is the length of the PRes BMQ course)

PRes BOTP Block II: 6 days (7.5 days for weekend run sessions).

It has changed a little. The BOTP Reserve I did last summer was 12 training days.

The Reg force BOTP (BOMQ-2) is shorter too I believe. It was 9 or 10 weeks now its 6.

Wilshire Blvd. said:
It wasn't possible for me to apply for a CT to more than one trade - if the trade I applied for is full, what happens? Is it possible to add a second occupation to your application? I am interested in two or three trades.

Anyone? I believe my trade is full.

If the trade you currently hold is full, then you should be making a trip to the nearest CFRC to discuss with a recruiter which trades are the best fit for you. Until then you will be waiting for who knows long until the trade you want opens.

Hi I have a CT in to go from PRes to Reg same trade.  I have been waiting for PLAR results to come back now for just over 3 months.  Anyone out there have any idea how much longer I will be waiting for?  Any sort of approx timeline would help.  I understand that the amount of CT requests have increased and the PLAR shop is under a lot of pressure, but 3 months for same trade?  I am getting worried as I am seeing all available APS posn for the trade is being filled up very quickly.

Shad4now said:
Hi I have a CT in to go from PRes to Reg same trade.  I have been waiting for PLAR results to come back now for just over 3 months.  Anyone out there have any idea how much longer I will be waiting for?  Any sort of approx timeline would help.  I understand that the amount of CT requests have increased and the PLAR shop is under a lot of pressure, but 3 months for same trade?  I am getting worried as I am seeing all available APS posn for the trade is being filled up very quickly.
Took me 6 months.

There are a lot of factors that weigh into when you get the offer; and you didn't mention many of them. 

Tango18A said:
If the trade you currently hold is full, then you should be making a trip to the nearest CFRC to discuss with a recruiter which trades are the best fit for you. Until then you will be waiting for who knows long until the trade you want opens.

I was under the impression the recruiting centre had nothing to do with my component transfer other than my interview/medical, and that my unit was who I would have to contact.

I spoke with my unit who said they would continue to process my application even if my trade choice was full, and the person handling my interview would tell me if I needed to choose another trade. Does this sound accurate?

Wilshire Blvd. said:
I was under the impression the recruiting centre had nothing to do with my component transfer other than my interview/medical, and that my unit was who I would have to contact.

I spoke with my unit who said they would continue to process my application even if my trade choice was full, and the person handling my interview would tell me if I needed to choose another trade. Does this sound accurate?

You are correct.

How long are the CFRC fitness tests valid for?

I think mine is going to expire this fall. I was told I am unable to do a BFT with my unit due to my ED&T status. What are my options? Does my fitness test have to be valid for my CT to be processed? Can I update my fitness test somewhere other than my unit?

Back