• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

If a member decides that they wish change their trade from NCM -> Officer for  CT(U) do they need to resubmit their CT? I'll have my degree by the time I CT so need to worry about ROTP or any other entry program. The reason is ask is after I had medical and my eyesight went from V3 -> V4 I was no longer eligible for the trade I wanted to apply for and quickly jumped on a Navy Operator trade to keep my file open. I got my CC to email DCMPG-5 and within a few a days I had received an email stating that my file had been updated. After some discussions with family and friends and research over the holidays I decided that I would like to transfer over to an Officer trade. So again I got my CC to email DCMPG-5 on my behalf to change my trades around for a final time. It has now been a month and I haven't heard anything back. The other day I asked my CC and she said that "DCMPG-5 read it as I got the read receipt, but they haven't actioned on it". So what do I do? I don't want to annoy either my CC or DCMPG-5, however I would like to know that my request has been changed. I have no idea who my broker is otherwise I would just contact them directly.

Please advise.

Annoy your CoC.....thats their job, to look after you.

I have no issues shaking the trees on behalf of the guys that work for me. I've seen way too much paperwork slip through the cracks to just sit back.

It should only take a short phonecall.

sidemount said:

I have no issues shaking the trees on behalf of the guys that work for me. I've seen way too much paperwork slip through the cracks to just sit back.

Bloody well agreed.

sidemount said:

It should only take a short phonecall.

It's a CT.  The CT process was taken out of the hands of the CoC years ago, because of the reasons the OP is experiencing.  It's between the CT applicant and their broker.  If they don't know who their broker is, then something is broken.  As far as I know and the last I heard/ventured into this realm, it's applicant to broker.

I don't understand why these people don't know who their broker is?  But I'm sure I will find out.......

DAA said:
It's a CT.  The CT process was taken out of the hands of the CoC years ago, because of the reasons the OP is experiencing.  It's between the CT applicant and their broker.  If they don't know who their broker is, then something is broken.  As far as I know and the last I heard/ventured into this realm, it's applicant to broker.

I don't understand why these people don't know who their broker is?  But I'm sure I will find out.......
And thats what I mean by engaging their CoC.....to get them that information of who their broker is from D mil C or whoever it is that looks after it. Then they can get in direct contact themselves.

sidemount said:
And thats what I mean by engaging their CoC.....to get them that information of who their broker is from D mil C or whoever it is that looks after it. Then they can get in direct contact themselves.

And how's engaging their CoC worked for them so far?  Keep in mind, that the application process for CT's was taken away from the CoC years ago due to submission issues.  So we are either now in a pendulum swing where the CoC has no vested interested in the members progress and couldn't care less or due to the time/distance factor, there is not sufficient corporate knowledge within the CoC to know whom to call or what to do.

It's a coin toss.........

DAA said:
And how's engaging their CoC worked for them so far?  Keep in mind, that the application process for CT's was taken away from the CoC years ago due to submission issues.  So we are either now in a pendulum swing where the CoC has no vested interested in the members progress and couldn't care less or due to the time/distance factor, there is not sufficient corporate knowledge within the CoC to know whom to call or what to do.

It's a coin toss.........

Fair enough, but the CoC should still be looking into it for the member, especially the chief clerk as they should know whom to call. It sounds like from the first post the member has only asked the Chief Clerk once, so going up a few more times should not be an issue, or at least the member can get the contact info and make the call themselves.

One thing that drives me about email, is when people ignore them (read receipts are key)....for things like this, I believe a phone call can be more productive.

My Coc has been very supportive throughout this whole process. My Chief Clerk is also really switched on IMO and has been extremely helpful throughout this and many other things for me and other members of the unit. I just don't want to bother the Chief Clerk as I know they are working on more pressing matters. Plus they did their part, they emailed DCMPG 5, DCMPG 5 read it but never responded. The change may have been actioned, it may not have who knows.  :facepalm:  Obviously at some point (A few weeks) i will need to email the CC again and ask them to follow up with DCMPG-5.

Just to shed some light when you apply all you get is this.

--------

"CONFIRMATION - RECEIPT OF COMPONENT TRANSFER (CT) APPLICATION

The Director Military Career Policy and Grievance (DMCPG 5-5) has received a component transfer request for Cpl XXXXXX

**PLEASE FOWARD THIS EMAIL TO YOUR CC**: Unless otherwise specified,  you will be the unit's point of contact  to assist the member with their component transfer.

Attached, you will find a copy of your MPRR.
*      you must review for accuracy paying particular attention to Marital Status (Service spouse if applicable), address of your DF & E and dependants; and
                    *  You must submit any corrections to your unit chief clerk

It is extremely important that your Fitness test and Medical be valid at all times otherwise your Component Transfer application will be rejected during the review of your file and you will not transfer.

Additional information, updates or amendments to your file are to be sent to the following e-mail addresses only:

+DMCPG 5 CT@CMP DMCPG@Ottawa-Hull (disponible RED seulement)

DMCPG_5_CT-DPGCM_5_ME@forces.gc.ca
(internet civile)

DMCPG 5-5
Component Transfer Section
NDHQ Ottawa
"

--------------------

Should you try and contact said email above you get a standard out of office Alert.

-------------------
"******Please be advised than only one application will be retained for each member. Any other applications will be automatically deleted. For any changes or update to your application, please send an email with your name and service number to our mail box: +DMCPG 5 CT@CMP DMCPG@Ottawa-Hull *****

Because of recent cutbacks we have lost some valuable personnel and for this reason your emails and applications will be answered by order of priority. Due to the volume of calls and email queries about individual CT file status, it is not possible to provide SITREPS at this time, if your file/application is selected for an offer, the assigned broker will contact you personally.  All questions relating to the status of your file will not be answered. Thank you for your patience and understanding"

---------------------------------

The only time I've emailed  that email was to say that my Chief Clerk was changing and gave a new name. They did respond and said my file was updated accordingly.

I applied back in March 2014 and this where I stand almost a year later.. It is frustrating, but it is what is.. I should note that my preferred transfer date isn't until 1/1/2016 as that is when I am done school. That is likely attributing to the speed in which stuff is being processed, but even my friends who are ideally looking to transfer in may, they've all heard nothing and we all applied around the same time.

Edit: missed a word

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this site, but I have been an active reader since before I enrolled and completed BMQ, SQ and my trade course as an Armoured Soldier in the Res over a year ago.

My question is that after trying once again to get into school, while still getting good grade I just can't see myself having a civy job and lifestyle. I both enjoyed and loved my time away for over 3 months in Valcartier and would like to live a full-time life in the Forces.

Anyway after searching the forums I have found some answers but I am still unsure of the steps I need to take, so here are my questions:

I am currently working in the Army as an Armoured Soldier in the Reserves. The trade I am interested in is Air Weapons Systems Technician in the Airforce.

How is an element transfer done? and How does one submit a request to change from Army reserve to Air Force Reg Force?

Should I send a memo through my chain of command or should I go to the recruiting center on Slater st? (I live in Ottawa)

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!  :army:

As a CAF member, you would have to apply for a Component Transfer from the Res F to the Reg F.  The Recruiting centre would not be involved.

Try using google for "site:army.ca/forums Component Transfer" and review the results.

Is the element transfer done at the same time as the component transfer?

Therefore all of this is done through my unit?

GreenWood said:

There is a massive thread on this, which I imagine this thread will shortly be merged into.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/12797.0.html

Although some of the information is dated most of it is pretty relevant.

The process is extremely simple to start >:D. it is a 1 page document on the DWAN, you pick your trade, your deu preference, your contact information, your chief clerks contact information, preferred posting preference, entry plan (If applicable) and preferred transfer date.
I don't have the link handy but I'm sure it is in the thread, and it can easily be found on the DWAN. This is done at your unit.

To answer your question about switching elements or trades, it really makes no difference it is just as easy to submit a CT for ACISS -> ACISS as it is ACISS to Pilot.

If you are are having trouble ask your Chief Clerk for help.

Once you submit your CT it is pretty much just a waiting game. In terms of how long it will take is anyone's guess. I know someone and her CT took only 3 months and I know others who took 2 years. The average I've seen is typically around a year, but this is a pretty small sample size (my unit and friends from courses).

Personally I'm almost at a year in waiting and haven't heard a thing.

Your mileage may vary.

Goodluck

Edit: added that it was done at your unit.

GreenWood said:

You need to do some more research/reading, you are mixing/don't understand terminology which tells me, you pretty much don't know what you are getting yourself into.  If you want to go Regular Force, you need to speak with your Res F Unit Orderly Room.  Hopefully, someone there will be able to get you going in the right direction.

Thanks a bunch runormal! Trade I'm asking a transfer for is in demand, hopefully that makes a difference in how long it takes!

@ DAA, What is wrong with my terminology? By element transfer I meant is the change that I will be doing from Army to Air force done automatically when I do my component transfer Res to Reg.

GreenWood said:
@ DAA, What is wrong with my terminology? By element transfer I meant is the change that I will be doing from Army to Air force done automatically when I do my component transfer Res to Reg.

Element Transfer = change of uniform ONLY but remaining in the same occupation

Therefore, you are trying to accomplish a "Component Transfer", period.

I know that at least the CT side of things is working out a bit , since 4 people from my PRes Arty unit got some offer to transfer last week ( February 17th )

Is there voluntary training in the summer that lasts most of it's months (Weapons for example for infantry or flying for example Pilot)? Is this training mandatory? Would this training be similar to the training done for officer's (Yes i'm aware not the same but the way it works) who are getting their education paid for by the forces?

Back