• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

Mike7788 said:
Is there voluntary training in the summer that lasts most of it's months (Weapons for example for infantry or flying for example Pilot)? Is this training mandatory? Would this training be similar to the training done for officer's (Yes i'm aware not the same but the way it works) who are getting their education paid for by the forces?

I think you're in the wrong thread, this doesn't seem topical and I"m unsure what you're asking.

he's to busy to read , he posted 3-4 questions in one post ( saying he didn't have TIME to search the site ).

Someone told him that some of his answers could be answered here , so he basically copy/pasted some of his questions without bothering about anything. 

reason why I don't bother answering ....

Ah, ack. Hopefully he or she sorts themselves out and finds the time to ask proper questions if they want members to spend time giving proper answers.  ::)

Quick question instead of starting a new thread.

If I'm a Pte asking for a CT will I have to redo my BMQ and SQ? ???

GreenWood said:
Quick question instead of starting a new thread.

If I'm a Pte asking for a CT will I have to redo my BMQ and SQ? ???

You could check / ask here:

Component Transfers (Reserve to Regular): Q&A
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12797.0

I have been in the reserves a little over a year, I have done BMQ, SQ and DP1 for Armoured Soldier.

My question is, will I have to redo both my BMQ if I transfer to Reg Force?

Thinking of joining for Air Weapons Systems Technician.

I know I should probably ask my unit, but figured I'd try and ask here first.

GreenWood said:
^ Thank you!

Good luck with your CT.  :)

runormal said:
There is a massive thread on this, which I imagine this thread will shortly be merged into.
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12797.0.html

GreenWood said:
I have been in the reserves a little over a year, I have done BMQ, SQ and DP1 for Armoured Soldier.

My question is, will I have to redo both my BMQ if I transfer to Reg Force?

Thinking of joining for Air Weapons Systems Technician.

I know I should probably ask my unit, but figured I'd try and ask here first.

Nearly impossible to tell. Usually BMQ is granted qual, but depends on your time in uniform and the boards feelings on you if they like you. I've never heard of someone having to redo bmq, but if you have less days in uniform then the total of a Reg Force BMQ over that year I could see it potentially being done.

from what I've been told ( this is definitely not a 100% sure answer so take it or leave it ). Once you are trade qualified, you wouldn't have to redo BMQ.  You will be put on PAT until the next course for the desire trade starts ( and they clear the backlog ).  I am a Gunner in an arty unit.  Been there for a year and a half, applied for AWS Tech also.  What they told me is that , I wouldn't redo BMQ, but I'll go straight to Borden for the course over there ( maybe a stint in Trenton for the weeklong air-force class ).

@krimynal Did you go through medical, interview and all that already? Geez a year and a half is long... Ah well, not much you can do about it I guess.

No I've been in my unit for a year and a half , applied for my CT in September.  My Medical / Physical are all okay , so only need my interview .... but we never know , they might send me back to medical.

I'm still hoping for something to happen, I'm doing homeschool in maths also , because I didn't have the high maths they were required for the trade ...

High math?

The minimum required education to apply for this position is the completion of the provincial requirements for Grade 10 or Secondaire IV in Quebec including Grade 10 academic math or Math 426 in Quebec. Foreign education may be accepted.

yeah well I only have 416 here in Quebec , so I'm doing 426 ( what I'm calling high maths ! )

krimynal said:
yeah well I only have 416 here in Quebec , so I'm doing 426 ( what I'm calling high maths ! )

Not sure how education works in Quebec, but if you have the time/money take as much math prior to reg force. It will likely be useful sometime down the road.

Cheers

GreenWood said:
High math?

The minimum required education to apply for this position is the completion of the provincial requirements for Grade 10 or Secondaire IV in Quebec including Grade 10 academic math or Math 426 in Quebec. Foreign education may be accepted.

Aiming for the minimums isnt usually the new COA from the "being competitive" angle IMO.

runormal said:
Not sure how education works in Quebec, but if you have the time/money take as much math prior to reg force. It will likely be useful sometime down the road.

Cheers

yeah well , the jobs requires math 426 , so I'm rushing 426 right now , if I get them done and I'm not yet transferred I'll switch to 436 ( which are a bit better ) , if by then I'm still not transferred I might do 536 ... it all depends on the transfer !

krimynal said:
yeah well , the jobs requires math 426 , so I'm rushing 426 right now , if I get them done and I'm not yet transferred I'll switch to 436 ( which are a bit better ) , if by then I'm still not transferred I might do 536 ... it all depends on the transfer !

For sure, just do as much as you can while you still can. You don't want to be like some of my peers in first year of university. A bunch of us had to take a high school equivalent course for calculus, the average in both sections was 52% post final. The people who failed got kicked out school just like that. I got a D. :-[ You never know when it will come in handy.

So I'm a PRes Infantry Candidate who is also a paramedic student, and due to the financial constraints presented by school, and the prompting of my superiors, I am seriously contemplating a C/OT to Med Tech. Successfully balancing school and Army training has been quite difficult, as my school has me on a payment plan, and I have to be in school Monday to Friday, 0830hrs to 1700hrs. I have been in the Reserves for almost 2 years, though I haven't completed my trades training, due to my school schedule. I am considering dropping out, completing my trades training, and waiting for my C/OT to go through. The other option is continue with school and hope for the best, and then put in a C/OT for Med Tech once I graduate. I would like some opinions and evidence.

Back