• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

dapaterson said:
Part of the process involves reviewing the MPRR.  The folks at DMCA request, in their initial contact, that you review your MPRR to ensure it is correct.  They base their analysis and conclusions on the MPRR.

If the tombstone data they are provided is incorrect, there's not much they can do about it.

No doubt about it!

Eye In The Sky said:
Some clarity here....D Mil C 7-3 is the CT authority for PRes --> Reg Frce; I thought the CFRCs were completely out of the picture RT CT process (contrary to the DAOD, it was never amended for *reality*).

There is a @forces email for the DMilC 7-3, both '+' and SMTP address.  Maybe the OP in this thread can provide the SMTP [@forces] one.

If it's a straight same trade to same trade CT, then you are correct no involvement from CFRG.

If its an OT-CT, the nearest recruiting centre will conduct a CFAT (if applicable), Aircrew Selection (or MPAC, or whatever occupation specific pre-assessment is required, if applicable), and finally an interview with an MCC. 

Hey Greydak,
      Sorry for dragging up an older post  8). I have mustered over to ACS recently and am scheduled to start my common core / BEET March 27th - June 13th.  From there It looks like I will be attached posted back home until my course start date 24 September. I am Restricted posted so from what I am hearing from the OR here my family comes with me once I secure suitable accommodations in Borden and the Base commander there lifts the restriction. The question I have is What is the routine on course? I am much like you, re-mustered from armoured  and used to going on course in Wainwright and Gagetown unaccompanied. This will be the first one doing training while living in PMQ's. If you could give me a run down on a typical week, after hours training, inspections, pt, etc.  it would help me to get my head around how CFSATE works and what to expect. Thanks!!!!

Hey I'm new to this site and am currently in a Reserve Unit. I put my CT in for Reg Force RMS Clerk last Thursday night during my training night. I received an email the next morning copied to my email from CFRC and my chief clerk and it read "Please Rush we would like to hire for RMS Clerk by March 31".

Has anyone ever heard of this before, and should I get my hopes up?. My clerk has already forwarded my entire package to the CFRC so my understanding is I just have an interview and then to wait for an offer from Ottawa. Please let me know.

Thanks

MaritimeMogul said:
Hey I'm new to this site and am currently in a Reserve Unit. I put my CT in for Reg Force RMS Clerk last Thursday night during my training night. I received an email the next morning copied to my email from CFRC and my chief clerk and it read "Please Rush we would like to hire for RMS Clerk by March 31".

Has anyone ever heard of this before, and should I get my hopes up?. My clerk has already forwarded my entire package to the CFRC so my understanding is I just have an interview and then to wait for an offer from Ottawa. Please let me know.

Thanks

CT's are controlled by D Mil C 7.  So pretty much anything goes with them.

I understand that much. What I mean is has anyone ever heard/received this message, and do you think it will really be that quick?

MaritimeMogul said:
I understand that much. What I mean is has anyone ever heard/received this message, and do you think it will really be that quick?

Flash to offer for my CT was 3 months. If they need qualified pers, and there's nothing wierd, you can move quick.

Ok. Your qualified personnel kind of makes me wonder if they will take me. I'm transferring from an infantry unit. It excites me that I received that rushed please hire by March 31, but I don't want to get my hopes up to much.

This happens.  Still many gears to be turned.  Even if you were the CDS son,it will take X timefor your file to be mailed to the CFRC, X time ti discover your file was flagged (as per the email). The calender will have to accommodate the interview and the send/received for the results of the interview.

All and all, this sounds like good news.  Keep in touch with Your clerk to make sure they sent the file to the CFRC and 1 week later call the CfrC to see if they received the file and to speak to the person tasked with handling CTs at the CFRC (File Manager)

I've been in an Reserve infantry unit for 18 years. I recently changed trade to RMS Clerk. Last week in opted to transfer Reg Force as a Traffic Tech (asked for Air Force). I've been working full time with my unit for 6 years and my Aptitude Test, BFT and medicals are all up to date. I have my PLQ Leadership courses Mods 1 to 6 part 1. I don't have the field portion.

Do I need the field portion of an Army PLQ to be a MCpl in the Air Force? Will they grant me equivalencies or make me start the leadership courses over again?

Part of the CT/OT process will include the PLAR, and you're CT/OT offer will state if your Ldrship course will be granted to you.  If it isn't, you can request a PLAR for equivalency and the folks at CDA will review and determine.  Your PRES Pers File should have a copy of your Crse Report. 

Also, if you get an offer for Traf Tech the DEU you get may have some affect on the granting of the PLQ based on the info I saw yesterday in CANFORGEN 031/13, para 4(b)(11). 

But EITS if you noted the CANFORGEN has info that is at least 1 year out of date as there is no legacy courses anymore.....

Beezer said:
I've been in an Reserve infantry unit for 18 years. I recently changed trade to RMS Clerk. Last week in opted to transfer Reg Force as a Traffic Tech (asked for Air Force). I've been working full time with my unit for 6 years and my Aptitude Test, BFT and medicals are all up to date. I have my PLQ Leadership courses Mods 1 to 6 part 1. I don't have the field portion.

Do I need the field portion of an Army PLQ to be a MCpl in the Air Force? Will they grant me equivalencies or make me start the leadership courses over again?

PERS WHO HAVE COMPLETED MODULE 6 PART 1 OF THE PLQ-L WILL NOT BE GRANTED EQUIVALENCY FOR MODULE 3 OF PLQ-A, BUT WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE MODULES 3 AND 4 IN THEIR ENTIRETY

NFLD Sapper said:
But EITS if you noted the CANFORGEN has info that is at least 1 year out of date as there is no legacy courses anymore.....

Ya...but the PLAR done using the LFCO (can't remember the #), they *may* grant the PLQ equiv at CDA.  And...if the CT offer is for RCAF DEU, well then that changes it to. 

I did a CLC, when PLQ came out, I put in a PLAR and was granted equiv of CF-PLQ (actually, grandfathered in both CLC and SLC) and have a ltr on my Pers File from the SSO NCM PD @ CDA stating I have ldrship qual's to WO lvl.  Because of the grey area (not having the PLQ and ILQ qual codes on my MPRR) I played the "better safe than sorry" game.  Alot of ppl now see CLC and SLC and weren't in when they even existed, so they don't automatically go "PLQ/ILQ (or ILP or whatever it was called last week) in their mind.

So I guess the answer is "It depends"  ;D.

Thanks for the prompt replies. Obviously I'd like to be granted equivalencies but I simply just want to get my foot in the door.

If I don't get an offer before April I will simply go on my leadership course this Spring. If all goes well perhaps they'll grant equivalencies after I've fully qualified.

Thanks again.

Just an update on my CT. Its been a month and I have already received a date for my Interview (next Tuesday). I'm hoping the MCC then sends the file to my broker and they send me an offer asap. Fingers crossed that I get the BMQ bypass. <---- Definitely wouldnt want to be retrained from scratch.

Hi a little about myself, I am a licensed 310T. Truck and Coach tech currently employed in civy land with a good job. I have been serving with a reserve svc bn for 4 years now and I really enjoy it but have always been in debate about going full time or not and would like to find some v techs that started as reservists and went reg if they thought it was everything they hoped it would be or not. I have completed bmq/ bmq land
luvw/ lsvw / hlvw driver wheel, I currently hold the rank of pte B because I have never been on eme common or any career courses. I had a plar done and I have been written off as a 5 qualified corporal just have to take an eme history test and it is finalized paperwork is already in for promotion, also in may 2012 I won the award for top reserve craftsman across canada and was flown to ottawa to bluebell with my co.  I am thinking going on tour is my next step in determining if I want to do this as a career or not look fwrd to any input available thanks for your time

I personally didn't transfer from reserve to reg, but i am also a 310t tech and joined with a plar. I was forced to do the full 3's package, did my OJT in gagetown and did the whole 5's course as well. Someone in Borden that had been a reserve 5's veh tech, and had been on tour still had to go to borden and do a step 3's package and the 5's package as well. If you've got the patience and want to do it go for it, but it can be a bit of a headache. Its certainly less stressful then any civy job I've had as a 310t tech.  Not sure if that helps but thats all I've got

DieselTech86 said:
73 reads and no one has any answers or advice ?

If it sheds any light, there are many, many users on this forum who are ill-equipped to answer your post, as well as several who aren't even military. Please be patient.

Back