• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Consecutive Days Played" Medal

crooks.a

Inactive
Reaction score
I think that the requirements for the "Consecutive Days Played" medal boost up pretty quickly. I know this game is meant to be played for the long term, but I think that it gets excessive after level 4. Since the Level 4 medal is every day for three months, I'm going to assume that the next tier is every day for six (or nine?) months which is a lot of commitment.

Maybe you could bring it down a notch? The level 5 medal being brought down to three months (and then the lower levels following) may make it a little more feasible.

Another idea is changing the entire scope of the medal and make it so the game is consecutive in weeks or months instead of days (ex. Level 4: play once a week for 3 months).

Well some medals you can NEVER achieve unless you've been here forever like the "have 100,000+ MPs"? I am guessing it's 100,000 at level 5 since I don't even have the 10,000 at level 3.

I will never be able to claim the "every day for 3 months" medal as this pesky thing called work gets in the way.  I don't think telling my chain of command I have to leave the field at least once a week to play Afghan Operations is going to fly.

dangerboy said:
I will never be able to claim the "every day for 3 months" medal as this pesky thing called work gets in the way.  I don't think telling my chain of command I have to leave the field at least once a week to play Afghan Operations is going to fly.
I guess that's one of the good things of a smartphone. You can play it anywhere (almost...).

Kind of like the 'Consecutive successful missions' medal.  Level 4 is for 250.  I have 106 and I think that someone posted on the thread about missions is at about 130.  Still a long ways off from 250.

It does appear that many of the medals are set up for long term play, but I would certainly hate to have the internet go down on day #89!

But where some medals are set up for those that play alot, there are also some for those that are new, infrequent, or not good at the game such as the 'missions failed' (27/50), 'consecutive missions failed' (3/50) and 'CR missed' (0/200).  As noted by my scores for those three, it's going to be a long time until I achieve even level 1.

That's a fair comment... I've adjusted the 'consecutive days' medals to be a bit more lenient. The top tiers are still hard, but the rewards are also big.

Mike Bobbitt said:
That's a fair comment... I've adjusted the 'consecutive days' medals to be a bit more lenient. The top tiers are still hard, but the rewards are also big.

I'm only 20 days away now, wooo!!!

SevenSixTwo said:
Well some medals you can NEVER achieve unless you've been here forever like the "have 100,000+ MPs"? I am guessing it's 100,000 at level 5 since I don't even have the 10,000 at level 3.

Or, you have to choose one medal at the expense of another.

I'm currently working at level 4 for the Milpoints Spent medal:

Level 4: Hey Big Spender!
50,000 MilPoints Spent
Incentive: Increase owned equipment proficiency by 1 level (500)
37,687 / 50,000 (75%)

I started this game with 79000 milpoints. Here's where I now stand towards that "Milpoints balance" medal (I'm working on level 5). At this rate, I guarantee you right now, I will never achieve level 5. Besides the fact that required mission equipment is costing 800 or 1200 MP (just how many posts are required on Army.ca to generate that number of MPs for something that you can only use "once" before it's gone in a single mission whether you succeed or fail??) Coupled with the fact that mission fails are sucking that out and generating squat in the way of MPs or experience ... the remainder of my MPs will be gone in another couple weeks ... and then I'll be done. But, in the meantime - it's giving this insomniac something to do.

Level 5: Might As Well Run The Place
MilPoints Balance of 100,000
Incentive: +100 Max Combat Readiness (1,000)
43,120 / 100,000 (43%)

I suspect that a high volume of "useless" or spam posts will begin occuring. Or new topics etc in non-radio chatter threads as pers try to earn MPs to use without paying cash for them. It'll be interesting to see, being that I'm one who has been here for years.

Now, I disregard the MPs balances showing by people's user-names. Low balances no longer mean that you are not a frequent site-user or a non-contributer or even a bad contributer. It bothers me that the game is linked into them and that some pers on the site "judge" a posters quality by their MP balance when, in fact, that "quality" may have zero to do with their balance - they are just rather someone who also plays the game while contributing very usefully to the site and the MPs required to play can in no-way be earned legiteimately (without cash) unless you post 120 posts a day. Maybe it's just me.

The milpoints balance is very very high. It would cost over $300 to buy those milpoints or 10,000 posts. Only George Wallace has enough posts, the second place person is Michael O'Leary and he only has 8,000 posts and has been here since 13 Jun 2000.

PuckChaser said:
The milpoints balance is very very high. It would cost over $300 to buy those milpoints or 10,000 posts. Only George Wallace has enough posts, the second place person is Michael O'Leary and he only has 8,000 posts and has been here since 13 Jun 2000.

I started with 79000 MPs.

But, in all fairness, one can also receive "bonus" MPs for being the #1 poster of the day etc. Problem with that is, those who spend MPs playing the game are getting tonnes of -MPs that day, so even if they had the #1 spot for "quality" posts vice spam and useless jabber trying to rack-up MPs ... they can't get any of those "bonus" points as far as I can tell because the MPs they spent on the game count against their legitimate posts.

That's why no one's balance means squat to me anymore. It's skewed and a high balance may mean only that they don't play; and one's low balance may mean only that they do play. There is no way of telling the difference anymore.

PuckChaser said:

Really I have all those milpoints medals.......

Math wasn't my strongest subject...  there's realistically only a handful of people who could ever get the level 5 Milpoints medal, unless you spend cash on it. All of those people have been around since 2000/2001.

I think I didn't notice yours, Sapper, since you're 3rd on the Milpoints list and I only clicked on number 1 and 2.  :D

Vern,  I brought that issue up in the 'Feature Requests' thread:

airmich said:
Re: Milpoints

If you are one of the top daily milpoint achievers, there are bonus milpoints to be had.  However, all of the purchases for AO are subtracted from your total of what you have obtained during the day.  I understand if you have points subtracted due to posts being deleted, but if you do alot of purchasing in the game during a day, it is effecting your daily balance.  IMO game purchases should not count negatively to your daily count.

I also had another request and Mike responded that both of my ideas had been implemented.  So I'm assuming that it included this Milpoint one.  I received "back pay" of being a high poster one day so I'm thinking it is working that way now.  Mike, can you confirm?

PuckChaser said:
Math wasn't my strongest subject...  there's realistically only a handful of people who could ever get the level 5 Milpoints medal, unless you spend cash on it. All of those people have been around since 2000/2001.

I think I didn't notice yours, Sapper, since you're 3rd on the Milpoints list and I only clicked on number 1 and 2.  :D

I, too, don't think it's a realistic goal unless you purchase the MPs.

As an example, here's one of my recent AO QM buys in the game.

2010-10-07 21:23:56 ArmyVern -800 Afghan Operations: Purchased 1 x TLAV.

-800 MP for 1 Lav. That was required for the 1 mission. It's gone as soon as I do the mission once - pass or fail; I failed. It will now take 80 legitimate posts to recover that 800MP to try again. That's just one piece of equipment for 1 mission; not a days worth of missions.

As I said earlier - I expect my remaining MPs to last only a couple of weeks at this rate.

airmich said:
Vern,  I brought that issue up in the 'Feature Requests' thread:

I also had another request and Mike responded that both of my ideas had been implemented.  So I'm assuming that it included this Milpoint one.  I received "back pay" of being a high poster one day so I'm thinking it is working that way now.  Mike, can you confirm?

Right. Perhaps it has been implemented.

But, as I've already said ... "posts and new threads will start occuring from game players" while they try to generate MPs to play.

There was a suggestion thread already for AO game. My question is, do we really need a new thread for each question or suggestion about the game? 10MP for a post in an existing thread on AO, 15MP for starting a new one ...

I think the game is secondary to this site. I think the quality of the site's posts will decrease in certain threads, or the spam will increase as gamers try to generate MPs. I already see it happening.

Watch and shoot.  ;)

ArmyVern said:
I think the game is secondary to this site. I think the quality of the site's posts will decrease in certain threads, or the spam will increase as gamers try to generate MPs. I already see it happening.

Watch and shoot.  ;)

I concur.  I have found myself doing more mindless posting recently then is typical of me.  And honestly, I'm not trying to do it for the MPs (although that is a bonus!), but I find that I return to all of the AO threads to add my comments and thoughts.  The AO board is becoming very much a Radio Chatter board with the posts in it, and thereby making it an easy money grab for MPs.

I think you shouldn't have to pay MP for medals. The costs are high enough for everything else in the game already.

A few points of clarification:

• Points spent in the game no longer count against you for the daily bonus... if you earn more (including +100 each day for subscribers) you'll get the bonus regardless of how much you spent.
  • There's a new feature Coming Soon that will help to address the MilPoints issue. I'm trying to ensure it's fair in all aspects.
  • Vern, your TLAV is still in your inventory... only some items like ammo and POL get used for each mission. Other items are permanently retained. I did double check to make sure I didn't fat finger it, and the TLAV is a permanent item.

All in all, I think the feedback is good. Some will be implemented right away, some will take some time to put in place and others - while it may be a good idea - might throw the balance of the game off, or be too difficult for me to implement. So keep the ideas coming and don't take it personally if your personal fav doesn't make it in to the game. :)

Cheers and thanks
Mike

NFLD Sapper said:
Really I have all those milpoints medals.......

Absolutely you do. BUT, only because you started the game with a balance of above 100 000. I'l note that you overall balance has also dropped exponentially since you are now playing & is, itself, now below the 100 000 level (and, most likely, still dropping as you play further). If you keep playing (and using MPs to do so), you'll not get back up over that 100 000 level - you'll keep dropping ...

You earned those medals only because you held the pre-reqs for them at game implementation (lucky for you), not because you were able to "play" your way there. One simply can't play their way there with the current game comfiguration. It is virtually impossible to post enough legitimate posts in a day to cover mission costs AND see a rising in your MP balance.

That was the point.

Just seeing Mike's post:

Thanks Mike for the clarification.

Back