• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

COTP

Yes I do understand that... but my meeting was in essence "we don't know what is happening, and we aren't going to get back to you on it" ... everything was "wishy washy". I had written out some pretty directed questions about different commissioning plans as well as OT plans... and the future of the COTP program was at the time undecided.

It seems as though it may still be undecided, but either way the follow up was a memo directed back to my chain of command stating that my options had been "discussed with me", and that's as much as I can expect. Unless I submit an additional memo/request to see the BPSO and wait 2-6 months for another PSO referral form to be completed by my chain in order to send me back, to possibly hear the same information repeated if no change has come.

The first time I waited 4 months from memo submission to appointment day.

Thus is the difficulty a Corporal has getting in touch with a PSO.

In regards to COTP, if you go on EMAA, and look for occupational transfers, there are a boat load of links in there. Im obviously not on DWAN right now, or id be able to tell you exactly where to go, but take a look. I found a chart of all the OT timelines from 2012 including I believe COTP, LOTP and AVOTP. I realize its not for this coming year, but it is a reference point.

I was able to get some more information today that may help others who are looking at processing paperwork. COTP and AVOTP are both closed pending the next CANFORGEN release to re-open the competition. COTP and AVOTP may be combined into one competition at that time, but they are not processing COTP applications at the moment. When the CANFORGEN does come out, it will most likely have a list of all open in trades, not all trades will be accepting applications as per previous AVOTP / COTP competitions.

Not exactly the news I was looking for, hopefully the trades I want make the list.

QuitBreakingEverything said:
I was able to get some more information today that may help others who are looking at processing paperwork. COTP and AVOTP are both closed pending the next CANFORGEN release to re-open the competition. COTP and AVOTP may be combined into one competition at that time, but they are not processing COTP applications at the moment. When the CANFORGEN does come out, it will most likely have a list of all open in trades, not all trades will be accepting applications as per previous AVOTP / COTP competitions.

Not exactly the news I was looking for, hopefully the trades I want make the list.

So, this is the kind of information that they should have told you the first time, "provided" they had this information the first time you visited, which they may very well not have had.  I would tend to agree with your comment that both COTP and AVOTP will be combined into just one program.  Thanks for sharing this kind of information, as there are probably others who are told "Sorry, not accepting applications at this time, keep an eye out for when we are".

Back