• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

COTP

brett22

Inactive
Reaction score
How many years of service does one need to apply for a trade under the COTP? thanks

Try Google as I did for you: http://www.army.gc.ca/1asg_hq/BPSO1/COTP.htm

Oddly enough it was the very first hit!

A PPCLI Pte in Halifax??

For you as Combat Arms, you need 36 months service (under LOTP) and meet the other criteria laid out in the COTP msg for the MOC you want to remuster to...as well as CFAO 11-12 Para 15 IIRC. (You can apply for COTP as a Pte)

You are cutting it close for this years application, if you are in Halifax, you need to contact the FPSO Office in S-90 for the local application deadline. 

What MOC do you want to OT into??

Ya I saw them on our PSO site.  Applications have to be in to ISS by mid Nov IIRC.  Not much time really.

I read on the local PSO website that offers for Occupational Transfer for this year would begin to start going out of D Mil C on 01 Feb.  The suspense for my own application is killing me. Anyone recieved one yet?  From what trade to what trade did you apply?

If you read the competition message it will tell you that offers are to commence on 01 Feb and go all the way through until the end of March.  Secondary offers to start on 01 Apr, no file updates to be requested until end of April.  If you don't get selected you won't find that out until May.  Better hunker down...it could be a long wait.

Yes I knew that, for me I was just hoping to be in the first batch this time around, successful, at that. Last year I got the crappy news on June 21 actually, and it just happened to be my birthday. Great present that was...

I hear you.  I have applications for both the CEOTP and UTPNCM programmes, and the DGMC ISS website says that those messages are supposed to go out in Feb as well...the suspense is killing me too.

If it helps you any, my CoC asked my WPSO for an update, and she stated that she hasn't seen ANYTHING from D Mil C for ANY of the programmes yet (being AVOTP, COTP, CEOTP and UTPNCM).  So either all the outgoing applications from here were a little lacking (no one was selected), or the messages are delayed...again.

Congrats!  I'm glad to here that you got into the trade you wanted, best of luck in your new career path!

i have heard that offers for everything have been flying out like crazy this week. good luck to you.

Nice Trigger! So enveous of you right now.  Waiting for so long finally paid off. Good luck in your training and enjoy.

trigger324 said:
i have heard that offers for everything have been flying out like crazy this week. good luck to you.
Details?  I haven't heard anything yet, so now I am curious if they are rolling out for all programs or just NCM OTs...Thanks!

thank you gentlemen, it certainly has been along time coming...in my case a few years. i almost threw in the towel more than once but it worked out for me somehow and i'm satisfied. the uphill struggle is only just beginning for me in the new trade so here's to hoping for the best...

@griffon: i've been off all week and am back in there tommorrow so for now i haven't heard, but i'll check into the other programs and see. i have access to that info so i'll take a look and see who's getting what in those programs.

So, I've submitted a memo and application for an OT through the COTP this Friday.  My WO said he supports it, but told me not to get my hopes up since we're in a small, specialized Sqn, and the OC is likely to not support it since we need the bodies.  I'm not sure whether or not I should be concerned over that, since it is through the COTP.

So instead of asking my BPSO, which is inefficient, I'll ask here: Does it matter if he supports it or not?  A COTP should be able to make its way to NDHQ for approval regardless, correct?

I did a search and found a post on the topic "Re: Who, in your CoC, has the authority to refuse your VOT?"

niceasdrhuxtable said:
Unfortunately not. The VOT programme allows for denial due to manning levels. If you decide to apply to a COTP trade then you won't have to worry about that stipulation since that programme neatly sidesteps the whole manning crunch dilemma.

Which kind of answers my question, but doesn't really.

I've also checked CFAO 11-12, which Para 8 states:

"NDHQ/DGPCOR is the approving authority for all OT's"

Which also kind of answers my question, but not really.

Any help would be appreciated.

Back