• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CP-140 Aurora

We've got dibs on the New Zealand P3's already.
It will likely be a Saab C4I Global Eye Bomardier based plane because it’s Canadian and it’s more sophisticated that P8 which is just a over grown MPA with shitty range and loitering capability.

Where do High Altitude Pseudo Satellites (HAPS) like the AirBus Zephyrs fit into the spectrum, along with Satellites, Micro-Satellites, HALEs, MALEs, MRPAs and F35s? And I include the F35 as part of the ISTAR spectrum advisedly.

1620320855480.png

And is there room for something like this?

No for 'any/all things MPA'...if we're going to take on baby/fake MPAs, I'll take a CASA 235 over some paper airplane. MAISR is already sourced...

Seen.

Just saying, in a world of overlapping capabilities and platforms, manned and unmanned, it must be getting harder to justify any particular part of the spectrum as being critical. Redundancy is a great thing to have in any system. Unless it is your job.

Just me (waving from the foul-smelling tactical level ) perhaps, but...with MAISR and (hopefully...someday....) RPAS, this should allow our small LRP fleet to divorce itself from future overland 'stuff' like OUP/IMPACT and work the battlespace it is intented for.

That TAV might have a use...but not in the RCAF (as I see it, but I consider myself a little scope-locked if I am honest) and not in MAG.

It will likely be a Saab C4I Global Eye Bomardier based plane because it’s Canadian and it’s more sophisticated that P8 which is just a over grown MPA with shitty range and loitering capability.
I don't have any experience in the MPA world, but a few folks on here do. Personally, I haven't heard anything but good things about the P-8 thus far? Seems like a Boeing project that - compared to many of their others - went fairly smoothly, with satisfied operators?

If Bombardier actually took the initiative on ANYTHING, they could have produced an AWACs or MPA variant of one of their aircraft, like the Swedes did with the Swordfish.

Replace the Auroras with an aircraft manufactured in Canada (once verified it can meet the military's requirements, if it could.) Great optics for a political party, actually helps support Canadian jobs, it's in Quebec, and there is very much a market for smaller & more affordable, yet sophisticated aircraft of that type, globally. Even if they only got a few orders a year or so, it's still more planes being built and more money coming into the country.

Ofcourse, that would require Bombardier to take the initiative & some bold steps. Sooooooo...

Or, while waiting for an MPA replacement, just add maritime requirements & capability into the (soon-ish) expected RPA. Perhaps one that is already performing integration exercises with the USN and allies?

Or, while waiting for an MPA replacement, just add maritime requirements & capability into the (soon-ish) expected RPA. Perhaps one that is already performing integration exercises with the USN and allies?

Wait...aren't we supposed to wait for the system to be outdated before we procure/employ it? Like Link 16?

...Replace the Auroras with an aircraft manufactured in Canada (once verified it can meet the military's requirements, if it could.) Great optics for a political party, actually helps support Canadian jobs, it's in Quebec, and there is very much a market for smaller & more affordable, yet sophisticated aircraft of that type, globally. Even if they only got a few orders a year or so, it's still more planes being built and more money coming into the country.

Ofcourse, that would require Bombardier to take the initiative & some bold steps. Sooooooo...
...or...de Havilland? 🤔

I don't have any experience in the MPA world, but a few folks on here do. Personally, I haven't heard anything but good things about the P-8 thus far? Seems like a Boeing project that - compared to many of their others - went fairly smoothly, with satisfied operators?

If Bombardier actually took the initiative on ANYTHING, they could have produced an AWACs or MPA variant of one of their aircraft, like the Swedes did with the Swordfish.

Replace the Auroras with an aircraft manufactured in Canada (once verified it can meet the military's requirements, if it could.) Great optics for a political party, actually helps support Canadian jobs, it's in Quebec, and there is very much a market for smaller & more affordable, yet sophisticated aircraft of that type, globally. Even if they only got a few orders a year or so, it's still more planes being built and more money coming into the country.

They are in use with Swedes and have been proposed to the Fins through their HX program. Also

Attachments

• Bombardier Specialized Aircraft Fact Sheet.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Back