• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl Jordan Anderson, 3PPCLI: 04 July 2007 (GO!!!)

Rest in Peace buddy.
He was one of the Regulars here and one of the blokes you could look up too. I enjoyed reading his posts and others responses to them because i always knew i'd learn something from reading them.
Thanks for all you've given mate. I only hope we can live up to your standard and the standards of others who've paid the ultimate sacrifice.
You died doing what you love and we'll all be eternally grateful to you.

RangerRay said:
I imagined him as a 40 year old Sr. NCO.  :-[

He wasn't.  But he certainly took us to task on a variety of topics.  Not always tactfully or diplomatically, but always honestly.

I looked forward to his possible return to Army.ca and I will miss him. 

GO!!! I will remeber him when he cam to battalion and was assigned to me and the guy i worked for . i didnt know him as GO!!! i knew him as one of my pain in my A@@'s. He will be missed

:cdn: fight for freedom and never be forgotten

I never really conversed with Jordan on a 1 to 1 basis.  However, I did read a lot of his posts on the forum.  His bluntness is something I admired, as not everything needs a long and drawn out answer.

My condolences to his friends, his family, and his comrades.

Your sacrifice will never be forgotten, and neither will you.

Damn, another member has gone to the great mess in the sky............

I only knew GO!!! from his postings here on the site and he will surely be missed.

To the Anderson family and to his Regimental family my sincere condolences on your loss.

Fair winds and soft landings.

server.np

milnewstbay said:
But on that day in late March, he was optimistic and upbeat. Jordan knew the danger and enjoyed being a soldier. On his helmet he had written in ink "Death From Above," a reference to his training as a paratrooper. But he was no rifle-waving Rambo. He was quiet and thoughtful, and when I asked permission to take his picture he didn't strike a "hero pose" with rifle at the ready, as many soldiers happily do.

He placed his weapon on the ground, perched himself on a low mud wall and put his arm around his rucksack. He looked at ease, as if he had finally realized his dream of being a backpacker on vacation in the Afghan countryside.

Being one of the people that hadn't the privilege of meeting or serving along side of Cpl Jordan Anderson, I thought the only thing I might be able to do in respect of him was to find this pic, and remember him how he looked in it.  Mr Thomson replied to my email with where to find it.  RIP GO!!!

:cdnsalute:

http://communities.canada.com/edmontonjournal/blogs/afghanistan/default.aspx

I could not post for the past few days.  Thx for Vern for passing on my wishes

I have a few pics of Jordan - but not really any good one on this laptop -- the few I have saved on my photobucket account have his face blurred from stuff I posted here when he was not sure he wanted a lot of people to know who he was exactly. 

I have "GO!!!" plugged into my cellphone - since I was easier to type than Jordan.

He was unique - the current day warrior philosopher

MRM - thanks for that pic.

Infidel-6 said:
He was unique - the current day warrior philosopher

I think one of the best things I was ever told was GO!!! telling me that he liked the way I thought. Coming from him, that was indeed a great compliment.

2 Nights before I left Afghanistan, about 3 weeks ago, he was in KAF on a very infrequent trip there, and we spent what must have been at least 2 hours sitting outside, drinking Tims, and discussing the intricacies of the war, sharing some of our experiences.

I just found out that I'm getting posted to Edmonton, and I think my big regret will be that I won't be able to work with him.

You RIP, Brother, and we'll share that beer someday.

R.I.P Go!!!

Thanks for telling me to shut up, even though I've never met you.  :salute:  :cdn:

Jordan was laid to rest today, at Beechwood Military cemetery.

It was a very good service and one that I am glad I could attend. I will miss Jordan (probably more then the kit, those that know should be laughing!). When I have more time and all my thought in order I will post something a bit more wordy on my recollections of Jordan and the brief time we spent talking in person about who was who in the zoo, and how to do what it is we do.

HoM.  Glad to hear that you were able to attend.  Sadly, I was not. 

RIP Go!

Thank you everyone for your support.

Your posts have made me cry, made me smile and most of all made me laugh.

Mrs. GO!!!
(*star)

I never knew Jordan. But I did know GO!!!, however briefly, I'm sure at one point or another, during my youthful stages on Army.ca he had given me a piece of his mind for my stupidity.

You will forever remain a valued member of this site, I'm sure. As you will remain a valued member in the hearts and minds of those who knew you however briefly.

R.I.P brother.

MedTech.

I just logged on here and heard the news that Go!! is gone.  I really can't believe it and, somehow, it has hit me hard.  I didn't know him personally but he was a fixture here at army.ca and I'll miss him.

RIP Cpl Anderson.

:'(

For those that don't know, the NDHQ CWO maintains an archive of photos taken at various events and ceremonies, including the interments at the NMC. 

Here is the link for photos of Jordan's interment: 14 Jul 07 - Interment Cpl Anderson

Thank you for that link.

It was a very nicely done ceremony. I was glad to have been able to have been there.

Jordan, perhaps we will one day meet on the objective. Either way, thank you and Godspeed.

Shared with the usual disclaimer - a public well done to all who helped make this happen!

Dead soldier to get degree
U of M decides on posthumous award

Nick Martin, Winnipeg Free Press, 16 Oct 07
Article link - permalink (.pdf)

THE University of Manitoba is awarding an unprecedented posthumous degree Thursday to Cpl. Jordan Anderson -- killed by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan in July.

Anderson's widow, Amanda Anderson, will come from Alberta to receive his bachelor of arts degree at the fall convocation ceremony, George MacLean, acting head of political studies, said Monday.

Other family members are also likely to attend, he said.

Anderson, 25, was based in Alberta and grew up in the Northwest Territories, but enrolled through U of M's military support office, a program offering distance education courses with the flexibility that serving members of the military need, MacLean said.

MacLean said that U of M has never before awarded a posthumous degree to a serving member of the military killed in wartime, although he believed there may have been a few similar cases elsewhere in Canada during the Second World War.

It was an extremely complicated process, and there were no guarantees that the university senate would approve awarding the degree, he said. Anderson had not entirely completed his studies.

When Anderson was killed, "A few members of his unit brought it to my attention" that they thought he had completed his studies and was about to graduate, MacLean said.

"It was clear there were very many people in his camp. We now have two scholarships in his name," thanks to members of his unit raising $10,000 in a few days, MacLean said.

When MacLean reviewed Anderson's transcripts, "There were a few credits still outstanding, (but), all his political science courses were done.

"Jordan was a very good student. He took several courses I designed, in international relations and foreign policy. Jordan had done more than he needed, to be deserving of this degree," MacLean said.

(....)

Back