• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl. McEachern-PTSD or Suicide Attempt?

Spr.Earl

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I should have made my self a little clearer.

Some are mentaly stronger than other‘s and yet those who are not commit action‘s that draw attention like McEachern and Gen.Delaier(sp).

As you say Harry there are a lot of dynamic‘s invovled and I don‘t know them all and I made the comment as I felt it was rather cold hearted on what I have only read in the press.

I hope this clear‘s the air over my comment.

P.S. Harry were can I get the Ombudsman‘s reprt?
 

combat_medic

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Mental fortitude has very little to do with it. CSR (combat stress reaction) and PTSS (post-traumatic stress syndrome... they don‘t like calling it a disorder anymore) can affect anyone. It‘s defined as "a normal reaction to an abnormal situation". Being in a hostile environment for prolonged period of time has an adverse effect on 99% of soldiers. The remaining 1% are sociopaths.

Being a bit of an armchair quarterback on this one (not having a tour, let alone a really dangerous one), I‘m not going to pass judgement on this guy. I think he should be held accountable for his actions, which is happening right now, but I‘m not going to pass judgement on him and his condition. I‘m not a doctor, lawyer, judge or psychologist.
 

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
837
Points
1,060
Top