• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CRCN Message on the Steward Occupation Town Hall (Steward trade elimination)

I would imagine they would still be pay protected with this sort of thing?

Steward looks like a pretty good job.

Yes, I know, looks can be deceiving to a land-lubber.

So, all those higher ranking stewards are going to get force reeducated and busted down to two stripers in their new occupations? Can't see that causing any sort of angst in an organization already plagued with retention issues. Full disclosure, I have no idea how the steward trade works and how high their ranks go.

That's a CAF policy.

Also you can't put POs and CPO2s in their rank into another trade.

We did the same thing to the PERIs.

Pure curiosity, are there any trades that jump out as obvious paths of least resistance for stewards at the PO2 rank or above? Anyone below that rank, this mostly seems like a shrug and a new trade, but I could see SNCOs having a bit of a struggle having to drop back to killick in something new. Granted they'll still have whatever courses and quals they needed on the generic NCO side- I have no clue what that looks like outside of PLQ/ILQ/ALQ. Is there a reasonable swift path to get managers back into managing but in a different trade?

Pure curiosity, are there any trades that jump out as obvious paths of least resistance for stewards at the PO2 rank or above? Anyone below that rank, this mostly seems like a shrug and a new trade, but I could see SNCOs having a bit of a struggle having to drop back to killick in something new. Granted they'll still have whatever courses and quals they needed on the generic NCO side- I have no clue what that looks like outside of PLQ/ILQ/ALQ. Is there a reasonable swift path to get managers back into managing but in a different trade?

Probably cook is the closest comparison. Everything else would be way above their heads to come in as POs and above without the experience to back them up.

Hey remember, they will be killicks getting paid well above the killick level, and have all the qualifications of their previous rank.

We did the same thing to the PERIs.

At least with the PERIs all members started in another trade before remuster to that branch, but I don't know of any that remustered back to their old trade (or would have wanted to). However, the initial news that the branch would be eliminated was at the same time as the first round of FRP. A lot of PEROs/PERIs took advantage of that option.

peri frp.jpg

Hey remember, they will be killicks getting paid well above the killick level, and have all the qualifications of their previous rank.

A not so hypothetical question, because the situation sounds pretty familiar to me.

If the COT member decides they don't mind being a killick for life, will they continue "getting paid well above the killick level' ?

Ie: Would the pre-COT pay rate of their previous rank be maintained, with all wage increases negotiated, for the rest of their career?

A not so hypothetical question, because the situation sounds pretty familiar to me.

If the COT member decides they don't mind being a killick for life, will they continue "getting paid well above the killick level' ?

Ie: Would the pre-COT pay rate of their previous rank be maintained, with all wage increases negotiated, for the rest of their career?

Yup. They keep their pay rate until they surpass from being subsequently promoted or retire.

So if your a PO1 who turns back into an S1, you keep the PO1 pay until you either retire or get promoted beyond that pay level.

At least with the PERIs all members started in another trade before remuster to that branch, but I don't know of any that remustered back to their old trade (or would have wanted to). However, the initial news that the branch would be eliminated was at the same time as the first round of FRP. A lot of PEROs/PERIs took advantage of that option.

View attachment 77219

I suspect we'll see more releases than elsewise the higher the rank.

Back