• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CT/OT Officers question

TimBit

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone, another question for you:

Under CIB 204, an officer CTing from an NCM ranks is paid a higher starting salary than a straight "off-the-street" DEO. What about an officer CTing into a new trade from an unskilled position? I couldn't find anything in CIB204.

Thanks!

If you're already an officer you'll usually be protected - your pay will not go down (unless you undergo a VOT and are above the rank of Lt(N)/Capt).

I think you missed out on the word "unskilled": ie. has no skills.  In all likelihood; absolutely no training.  No military skills to use as credit towards future training.  Only difference that said officer would have from someone "off-the-street" would be that said officer would not need to be issued a uniform and kit.

George Wallace said:
I think you missed out on the word "unskilled": ie. has no skills.  In all likelihood; absolutely no training.  No military skills to use as credit towards future training.  Only difference that said officer would have from someone "off-the-street" would be that said officer would not need to be issued a uniform and kit.

Ok well I guess then semi-skilled would have been the right word, i.e. basic officer qualification and a completed phase in a trade other than the target MOS.

dapaterson: I guess my question is what enrollment plan would that be in? DGCB lists 5 possible pay scales for 2lt and Lt, so which one would apply?

Are you looking at Pay Scales, ie Pilot, Medical/Dental officer, Legal officer; or Incentive Levels that are the levels one progresses through annually?

The short answer would be - it depends.  On the original entry plan, on any change because of the new trade... interpretation of the 2lt/Lt payscales involves examining the entrails of fish and fowl - it's a black art, and I'm not an up-to-date practicioner.

What entry plan did this officer join under (DEO, ROTP)?

There are provisions for officers with prior NCM service because NCMs usually make more than OCdts/2Lts. Having these provisions removes a disincentive for soldiers becoming officers.

Yes this is definitely tricky. The jobs I'm considering are General Officers jobs, so I'm looking at that pay scale. Problem is, I clearly don't seem to fit any of the cases described by CBA 204. I can't imagine being alone in that situation though. I mean, even an MOS qualified Lt would get rank protection, but exactly what pay scale would they be on. I guess that is a question directly for DGCB or the CT Case Manager. In short, I'd be losing a lot of money leaving my civilian job to go Reg Force. I don't mind, but there is a limit to what one can take without going bankrupt, of course...  :-\

Tango2Bravo: Saw your post afterwards. Enrolled in the reserves as DEO. Corporals make more than OCdt and 2lt, but if I remember correctly CBA 204 says with the rank of corporal or below, which means that a private transferring officer would be paid under line D of pay tables (crazy admin...).

If you are going through a Component Transfer (CT) as an officer (along with a occupational transfer if I am reading this right) I suggest you bash on and see what they offer you. I went through this twelve years ago and I was given a pay level and table that kept me at my rate of pay at the time of the offer (I went down two ranks as part of my CT). This does not mean you would get the same offer, just that I would carry on and see what they give you.

What he is refering to is the A, B, C, D, and E pay scales.  Not they pay incentives IE, Capt 4 ect...

I am confused about this as well.  I was a reserve NCM, now a reserve officer.  I am still being paid as a Cpl 4 so as to protect my pay.  However, when my CT goes through, will I be an A, B, C, D or E? 

Depends if you're considered DEO, CEOTP or some other entry plan.  Like I said, there's animal sacrifice and reading of entrails involved in determining entry pay scale as a 2Lt/Lt...

ltmaverick25 said:
I am a DEO

Hey ltmaverick... my reading of CBI204 is that you are/will be a DEO with former NCM service, and that as such you will receive line D of those tables. Lucky you...

I was in the same situation (MOS-qualified in a different MOS) and did my CT about 2 years ago.  In my case, they took me as a DEO, so table C (I believe...whatever the standard DEO ones are.)

Back