• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CT -- Reserves into ROTP/RMC (merged)

So I've been looking around the forums but haven't seen anything regarding this

Does anyone know any information regarding selection messages for CT into ROTP for Log?

Thank you in advance :)

Hello
Wondering how long it typically takes to hear back after a CT to ROTP. Currently in grade 12, in reserves, and applying to RMC as pilot. I haven’t heard anything yet, not even a confirmation that it was received.
I heard there is no way to contact anyone to check.

Thank you

Morror21502,

If not done already, complete an application on the Forces.ca website. You can also contact your nearest recruiting centre, they will be processing your file.

But with a component transfer I understood you do not do an application. In fact I tried online and it would not let me. The CT is the application. That is submitted to D MIL C and there doesn’t seem to be any way of contacting them.

Morror21502 said:
But with a component transfer I understood you do not do an application. In fact I tried online and it would not let me. The CT is the application. That is submitted to D MIL C and there doesn’t seem to be any way of contacting them.

I’m in the same boat dude. I’ve emailed the D MIL C people numerous times only to tell me we’ll get back to you when we hear more info on ROTP. Problem is ROTP 20-21 was supposed to start Sept 1st. It’s ridiculous that  I haven’t heard anything. My latest email to D MIL C is I asked if they could confirm that I fall under the ROTP program and buddy emailed me this past Thursday saying he’ll get back to me mid next week. I’ve asked the clerk at my unit handling my file to look into it for me, but I haven’t heard anything back yet. I suspect I’ll hear some progress soon, but it’s still frustrating. If I don’t hear any news I might just call the recruiting centre. I don’t know why but maybe they’ll have some insight.

Also, I’m not sure why people online are suggesting to reapply to the forces altogether. We’re already in. We’re just doing CT’s.

Thanks. How did you email D MIL C?

I read elsewhere that it might be better to quit and apply as a civilian, which sounds ridiculous.

Morror21502 said:
Thanks. How did you email D MIL C?

I read elsewhere that it might be better to quit and apply as a civilian, which sounds ridiculous.

Sent you a PM

Just got my ROTP notice with the link and additional info. I am now official applying to RMC.

For future notice those of you doing a CT (ie: currently in reserves) with the entry plan ROTP selected, make sure you constantly email Ottawa (you’ll receive the email address in the CT receipt) until you hear whatever news you are looking for.

Persistence folks. No need to consult the recruiting center or reapply to the forces online.

I have seen multiple anecdotes on Cpl pay carrying over to ROTP as OCdt.
Received my offer today for Log O ROTP. I am currently a reservist with a Cpl pay rate.
The pay rate cited is Pte PI 1.

I have checked the CBIs. It sounds as if I would have received the Cpl pay rate, and that the PI was determined by days of service at the current rank. However, there is another clause:
204.015(6) (Reduction or reversion)
On reduction in rank or reversion to a lower rank, an officer or non-commissioned member shall be paid at the pay increment for that lower rank that is determined by taking into account all previous qualifying service in that rank and in any higher rank.
How is this determined? 204.015 sounds as if it is speaking only of the PI, not the rank to be paid at itself.

How does this compete with this other clause:
204.211(10) (Officer Cadet – former non-commissioned member) An officer cadet who is appointed directly to that rank from a non-commissioned rank shall be paid:
b. if after August 2018, if the member transferred from the Reserve Force to the Regular Force, at the rate of pay, including any upward adjustments to the rates of pay, in CBI 204.30 (Pay – Non-commissioned members) and:
  1. if the member was a private trained, a corporal or an any greater rank, the rank, pay level and trade group that they would have received had they enrolled directly as a non-commissioned member as determined in orders or instructions issued by the Chief of the Defence Staff, at the pay increment determined by CBI 204.015 (Pay Increments)
EDIT: Found it - 204.015(7)
  1. has completed one year of qualifying service, or after such lesser amount of qualifying service as may be authorized by the Chief of the Defence Staff.
A future reference for anyone doing CT ROTP as a Cpl/Bdr: you are not necessarily going to receive Cpl pay. A lot of people told me this was the case, and a lot of people said so online. No one said otherwise.
If you have completed LESS than 1 year of qualifying service, you will receive Pte(R) pay. Still better than OCdt but do with that what you will.
'Qualifying Service' - 1:1 Class B and Class C days | 1:4 Class A days (a Class A day is worth 25% of a Reg Force day)

Last edited:
I have seen multiple anecdotes on Cpl pay carrying over to ROTP as OCdt.
Received my offer today for Log O ROTP. I am currently a reservist with a Cpl pay rate.
The pay rate cited is Pte PI 1.

I have checked the CBIs. It sounds as if I would have received the Cpl pay rate, and that the PI was determined by days of service at the current rank. However, there is another clause:
204.015(6) (Reduction or reversion)
On reduction in rank or reversion to a lower rank, an officer or non-commissioned member shall be paid at the pay increment for that lower rank that is determined by taking into account all previous qualifying service in that rank and in any higher rank.
How is this determined? 204.015 sounds as if it is speaking only of the PI, not the rank to be paid at itself.

How does this compete with this other clause:
204.211(10) (Officer Cadet – former non-commissioned member) An officer cadet who is appointed directly to that rank from a non-commissioned rank shall be paid:
b. if after August 2018, if the member transferred from the Reserve Force to the Regular Force, at the rate of pay, including any upward adjustments to the rates of pay, in CBI 204.30 (Pay – Non-commissioned members) and:
  1. if the member was a private trained, a corporal or an any greater rank, the rank, pay level and trade group that they would have received had they enrolled directly as a non-commissioned member as determined in orders or instructions issued by the Chief of the Defence Staff, at the pay increment determined by CBI 204.015 (Pay Increments)
EDIT: Found it - 204.015(7)
  1. has completed one year of qualifying service, or after such lesser amount of qualifying service as may be authorized by the Chief of the Defence Staff.
A future reference for anyone doing CT ROTP as a Cpl/Bdr: you are not necessarily going to receive Cpl pay. A lot of people told me this was the case, and a lot of people said so online. No one said otherwise.
If you have completed LESS than 1 year of qualifying service, you will receive Pte(R) pay. Still better than OCdt but do with that what you will.
'Qualifying Service' - 1:1 Class B and Class C days | 1:4 Class A days (a Class A day is worth 25% of a Reg Force day)
MisterBig, the para on "reduction or reversion" in rank does not apply in your case. Transferring from Cpl to OCdt is considered a promotion, not a reversion in rank, regardless of the lower pay levels for OCdt (ROTP). The other para seems pretty clear, you will be paid at a rate that is equivalent to what you would receive if you had done a straight CT, PRes to RegF, in your current NCM trade.

Back