• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dark Blue Berets return

AlDazz said:
...The move by some Army units to return to a blue beret is correcting a past mistake...

There are no units moving to the blue beret.  Some units, the majority will be wearing them, but not the whole unit.  This is a Corps specific beret.

Dimsum said:
So...almost indistinguishable from the Armoured and RCN black berets?  :stirpot:

Armoured Corps berets are black.  RCN ones are navy blue.

Pusser said:
Armoured Corps berets are black.  RCN ones are navy blue.

You're correct, but if you put them side by side and covered up the badges, I defy anyone to be able to tell the difference just by looking at them. 

Dimsum said:
You're correct, but if you put them side by side and covered up the badges, I defy anyone to be able to tell the difference just by looking at them.
Agree. Whereas the artillery, RCCS et al beret is definitely (dark) blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dimsum said:

Introducing logic and facts to an argument?  Really!?  What will they think of next?

Having seen the beret in person you need just the right light hitting to tell that it's blue....

NFLD Sapper said:
Having seen the beret in person you need just the right light hitting to tell that it's blue....

I think I saw it in the wild last week.  It was just that off-black that made me question whether it was Armd, Navy or the dark blue.

I had the opportunity to examine a 1951 pattern midnight blue beret in comparison to the new army blue beret.  The new army blue beret is a shade lighter and when compared to a black beret is noticeably different.  If this seems like it's not worth the effort or cost it's important to remember that the RCN, Army and RCAF didn't want the CF green beret in the first place. 

AlDazz said:
If this seems like it's not worth the effort or cost it's important to remember that the RCN, Army and RCAF didn't want the CF green beret in the first place.
That’s neither important nor does it change whether this is worth the effort or cost.

The green beret has decades more history in Canada than the British Army common blue beret. 

MCG said:
That’s neither important nor does it change whether this is worth the effort or cost.

The green beret has decades more history in Canada than the British Army common blue beret.

Apparently that wasn't important either for this decision.

In a few years it won't matter as the beret will gain normalcy.

Remius said:
Apparently that wasn't important either for this decision.

In a few years it won't matter as the beret will gain normalcy.

At least until someone else needs a right-aligned leading change bubble on their PER.

Target Up said:
At least until someone else needs a right-aligned leading change bubble on their PER.

Next up:

IMG_5515_grande.JPG

Big Spoon said:
That would be nice to keep our ear warm.

Or your eyebrows, if you’re in the French Foreign Legion Van Doos. :nod:

Target Up said:

You know, ball caps are a very practical headdress for combats...  :stirpot:

Dimsum said:
You know, ball caps are a very practical headdress for combats...  :stirpot:

This was the only practical hat for combats anyone ever needed.

57253341_2408239739187206_8480733034159538176_n.jpg

;D

FJAG said:
This was the only practical hat for combats anyone ever needed.

57253341_2408239739187206_8480733034159538176_n.jpg

;D
Especially when your RSM insists everyone in the unit flip up the back making one look like a sad sack Robin Hood.

RomeoJuliet said:
Especially when your RSM insists everyone in the unit flip up the back making one look like a sad sack Robin Hood.

Those of us who took pride would iron the hat into shape so that while Robin Hoody, it was not Sad Sack.

;D

FJAG said:
Those of us who took pride would iron the hat into shape so that while Robin Hoody, it was not Sad Sack.

;D

Despite what some late '90s and early '00s pop stars may want you to think, no one looked good in a bucket hat. 

No one.

Back