• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO 2013 financial year

d_edwards said:
I had heard through my cfrc det that there were no LOG positions left for this year.    Do not know if a few spots trickled out from this past board, but the absence of posts related to LOG offers does not give me a warm fuzzy. 

I heard there was a selection on LOG on Nov. 19th, but don't think any were selected... and no spots/openings right now...gosh... I think we have to wait for another 6-8 months... :crybaby:
maybe DAA knows...?  ::)

BlueShield said:
I heard there was a selection on LOG on Nov. 19th, but don't think any were selected... and no spots/openings right now...gosh... I think we have to wait for another 6-8 months... :crybaby:
maybe DAA knows...?  ::)

Yes, maybe 6-7 and all handed out.  I'm guessing the next DEO selections will be mid to end Feb 14 for BMOQ start in mid-late Apr 14.

DAA said:
Yes, maybe 6-7 and all handed out.  I'm guessing the next DEO selections will be mid to end Feb 14 for BMOQ start in mid-late Apr 14.
um... what about the selection on Dec. 9 ? any left over spots to fill into DEO?

BlueShield said:
um... what about the selection on Dec. 9 ? any left over spots to fill into DEO?

19 Nov was the last selection for DEO Log and all positions were allocated.  No idea when the next round for BMOQ's starting after 1 Apr 14 will be but I would think Feb or Mar at the latest.

DAA said:
19 Nov was the last selection for DEO Log and all positions were allocated.  No idea when the next round for BMOQ's starting after 1 Apr 14 will be but I would think Feb or Mar at the latest.
The selection on 19th was really quiet, don't think they even picked up 6-7, maybe just 1-2.
Not sure how many will be picked up for the next round.  :facepalm:

BlueShield said:
The selection on 19th was really quiet, don't think they even picked up 6-7, maybe just 1-2.
Not sure how many will be picked up for the next round.  :facepalm:

It is more likely that not all applicants have profiles on milnet.  While forecast numbers would be nice to know, it seems to be of  limited value when I do not know how long the current merit list is, or my relative position on it.    I have a better understanding of the systems intricacies, thanks mostly to DAA who has been a patient handholder here. But at the end of the day I wait till they call. 

hard to say about next time. Usually the recruiters says, we do selections couple times per year, however, only once in the early 2013. Nov. 19-21, that selection wouldn't count...

Hello guys I am new here, so bear with me. I recently applied for the Log Officer position. I took the CFAT this week and I am pretty sure I did well. I was also told after my CFAT that my file was ranked as an "A", which is apparently good.(???)  My questions are: when should I expect to get an interview, and which recruitment wave would I potentially be a part of?  Also, I know that Log Officer is a very competitive position to apply to, so am I even guaranteed an interview? I am a new graduate, but I have a 3.7 GPA, professional co-op experience in a supervisory role, and notable athletic achievement.  Thanks for any replies, and feel free to direct me to another thread if appropriate.

You will quickly learn that every applicant in in a different situation and the Canadian Forces' needs are also variable and sometimes unpredictable. Every year you are up against many different applicants who may be just as or even more competitive than you are. In regards to your chances of getting an interview, I believe is all up to the CFRC. If/When they choose to further process your application, they will contact you for an interview appointment. You may also call them and inquire about your application status as well.

Pretty impressive, I think you will get interview very soon, in Jan 2014. When is the next selection date, DAA probably knows. you can ask him about it.

I have noticed that  the Forces recruiting website lists quite a number of positions as accepting applications.    I am curious if this means ALL types such as DEO and ROTP, or is it more restrictive.  For example INT is listed as accepting.  Would this be for ROTP only? My guess is that is that case.
I had recently  called to ask about adding a  2nd and 3rd choice to my application.  I had left alternates blank due to trades being closed at the time.  I was surprised to learn that while I could do this, it would mean my current merit standing would cease while my application was being processed to include those changes.  I had thought I could just interview for a second choice without jeopardizing my current position.  Certainly not a course of action to take with another selection looming.  I was wondering what experiences others had in adding or making MOC changes

I am pretty sure this long, drawn-out, and bureaucratic hiring process really does hurt their talent pool. I really want to serve, but when multiple private sector employers are offering jobs right away, it is difficult to turn them down. I wouldn't mind turning down a job if I had a clear indication of my chances of getting in. But all I get are vague answers. ("The application process will take 3 months, but we don't know maybe longer."  "You have a decent file, but I can't tell you your chances."  "We don't know when he will be hiring, might be _____ time, or may be _____ time.")  They need a clearer process and more structured timelines that people can rely on.  Such bureaucracy. I am thinking that it may be wise to pursue a contract position while I wait for my chance. Thoughts?

I guess it all depends on how much you really want to serve. It would be nice if they would tell us more details regarding our own applications but I think even the private sector fails to provide such information as well.

LogOHopeful444 said:
I am pretty sure this long, drawn-out, and bureaucratic hiring process really does hurt their talent pool. I really want to serve, but when multiple private sector employers are offering jobs right away, it is difficult to turn them down. I wouldn't mind turning down a job if I had a clear indication of my chances of getting in. But all I get are vague answers. ("The application process will take 3 months, but we don't know maybe longer."  "You have a decent file, but I can't tell you your chances."  "We don't know when he will be hiring, might be _____ time, or may be _____ time.")  They need a clearer process and more structured timelines that people can rely on.  Such bureaucracy. I am thinking that it may be wise to pursue a contract position while I wait for my chance. Thoughts?

Totally agree. On one hand there's always going to be things that are just going to take a while to process and have vague start and end dates. ...On the other hand there's A LOT that could easily be fixed. Point in case I've had a lot of headache with my LRC because of lack of information and sometimes even misinformation. I've resorted to calling different recruiting centres across the country when I have a serious question and it freaking astonishes me the lack of uniformity there is. One recruiter in one city tells me he doesn't know. One recruiter in another tells me he would know if he could access my file but he can't because my file isn't there. One recruiter (not my LRC) answers my question by accessing my file.

Why do different recruiters with seemingly the same job (Just the person answering the main phone) have access to different information?

My roommates father is a high ranking Officer and he was asking me about the application process because he sits on some sort of committee that oversees it and he seemed really surprised to hear that A LOT of people have major frustrations with it. He said at one point he'd like to sit down and talk about it in depth, I hope he was sincere about that. 

LogOHopeful444 said:

Why you don't accept employment from private sector right now, and by the time CF gives you an offer, you can accept it & say good bye to your Employer.

s2184 said:
Why you don't accept employment from private sector right now, and by the time CF gives you an offer, you can accept it & say good bye to your Employer.

It seems kind of scummy to accept long term employment somewhere when you already know that you want to bolt from the door at your first chance.  I also know that with one of the positions someone stuck their neck out for me, so it would be pretty rude to that person to work then leave after a few months. As I said, it may be wise to accept a contract-type job, that way I leave on good terms and get a decent reference. Maybe I am overthinking this, and it wouldn't really matter in the end.

LogOHopeful444 said:

Try applying for a position at any other company that employs 70k+ personnel and it won't be any different.  I actually had to do quite a bit more while applying for comparable private sector employment (personality tests, numerous rounds of interviews etc).  From start to finish some of them were well over 5 months, and they were actively looking for specific positions.

LogOHopeful444 said:
It seems kind of scummy to accept long term employment somewhere when you already know that you want to bolt from the door at your first chance.  I also know that with one of the positions someone stuck their neck out for me, so it would be pretty rude to that person to work then leave after a few months. As I said, it may be wise to accept a contract-type job, that way I leave on good terms and get a decent reference. Maybe I am overthinking this, and it wouldn't really matter in the end.

But, what if you never receive an offer from CF? Are you going to be happy with a contract type job?

Back